Rotoworld.com Forums

Devonta Freeman 2020 Outlook

17 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

Man dude you're pretty depressing to listen to 

I hear ya, i remember when it was that aaron jones or jamaal williams thursday night pickup that ruined that one league, this covid stuff is way more serious, just hoping we have a season, but the realities may be settling in each day

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, amazing how every veteran who lingers out there takes less money for a better opportunity, per their agent.  That's so weird

I mean, I think he'll amount to nothing more than maybe an RB3. But it's been like 5 days of him on the team and they were heavy underdogs. He's a hold if you picked him up (for now). 

Ya fella, I remember how long it took Drake to learn Arizona's playbook... took him weeks before he was any good  

Posted Images

How many mid-season signings really work out?

Was Lynch a couple years back a mid-season signing?

I can't think of one guy top of head that was brought in week 3 or 4 and was relevant.  Most had landed on their teams before the season started.

If this guy doesn't get signed quick he might just become one of those super expensive FAs that someone burns all their FAAB money on that doesn't do much.

Now McCoy has bogarted all of the Devonta Freeman Delusion Crew's favorite landing spot, Tampa.  Bucs are putting together a 2012 All Star team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Correct term is Dream Team, if you’re referring to the Eagles

I think he's referring to the fact that Brady, Gronk and Shady were a lot better in 2012 than today. To be fair, so were most of us.

• Like 2
On 7/29/2020 at 3:43 PM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

How many mid-season signings really work out?

I could probably come up with a few if I spend time thinking about it but one quick one that popped in my head was CJ Anderson by the Rams. Propelled Rams to the SB, won some people fantasy leagues.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, GiveGoodContent said:

I could probably come up with a few if I spend time thinking about it but one quick one that popped in my head was CJ Anderson by the Rams. Propelled Rams to the SB, won some people fantasy leagues.

Hightower was a mid/late-season signing. RB is the one position it is actually possible to do it with and why you see some RB's on the couch for most of the season and then signed for a playoff run.

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

what kind of value would he have if he goes to chicago?

Depends how long Montgomery is out for.  Freeman would probably get 1st and 2nd downs and Cohen would be the 3rd down/hurry-up mode back.

Having stated he wants to play for a contender and then turning down $4m from Seattle, then philosophically I have no idea why he'd want to play in Chicago.

Lots of 0's after the first number has a man reassessing their philosophy fairly quickly I suspect. But either way I don't see Chicago paying >$4m for Freeman. I suspect they'll trade a late-rounder for a guy who would be cut anyway, or go bargain-basement free agent.

44 minutes ago, DeliciousGravy said:

Having stated he wants to play for a contender and then turning down $4m from Seattle, then philosophically I have no idea why he'd want to play in Chicago.

Lots of 0's after the first number has a man reassessing their philosophy fairly quickly I suspect. But either way I don't see Chicago paying >$4m for Freeman. I suspect they'll trade a late-rounder for a guy who would be cut anyway, or go bargain-basement free agent.

He may not want to but I don't see teams flooding him with offers as the season approaches so if he wants to start, Chicago may be his best option.  The Bears may not be interested in Freeman, though.

Miles Sanders is banged up for the Eagles but it looks like they still don't have interest in Freeman or they would have signed him by now.

Edited by sjm76
1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

With Fournette departure he could land in Jacksonville. Something to watch.

Freeman apparently turned down a $4M/1yr deal with Seattle though, and I can't see Jacksonville paying more than that when all indications are they're writing off this season. So Freeman to Jacksonville will likely require Freeman to reassess his demands. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Savatage79 said:

Exactly...that's is 100% how it would go

Yeah, what would happen is that I would drop him and he would sign the next day to be the starting rb in the best landing spot possible.

5 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

I just wish he'd sign, im hanging onto his a** but its annoying now 

No one is going to sign him until after week 1; only then can he be cut without his entire year salary being guaranteed.

• Like 1