FlashGordon401

Devonta Freeman 2020 Outlook

6 minutes ago, octapuss said:

This dude going to Jacksonville?

Weird he is still out there this late.

Nope.

"The main thing is being with guys that believe in me and can see what I see because I want to win. I want to win so bad," Freeman said to SiriusXM NFL Radio Thursday. "I want to be around guys that want to win. I want to be around a bunch of winners. You don't have to be the best but if you got that dog mentality and want to win, we can deal with that. I want to be around guys who want to be great, even if they're not great. 

"I believe in that and if we have the right leaders and right people. That's what I'm aiming for, to come to a team and make general managers, head coaches and everybody's life easier."

6 minutes ago, octapuss said:

This dude going to Jacksonville?

Weird he is still out there this late.

I think if he was they would have signed him by now.  I'm starting to doubt that Freeman will sign before the season starts.  He'll likely sign with someone during the season once injuries strike or if a starting rb ends up on the covid list.

1 minute ago, this guy right here said:

Nope.

"The main thing is being with guys that believe in me and can see what I see because I want to win. I want to win so bad," Freeman said to SiriusXM NFL Radio Thursday. "I want to be around guys that want to win. I want to be around a bunch of winners. You don't have to be the best but if you got that dog mentality and want to win, we can deal with that. I want to be around guys who want to be great, even if they're not great. 

"I believe in that and if we have the right leaders and right people. That's what I'm aiming for, to come to a team and make general managers, head coaches and everybody's life easier."

... all but got on his knees for Hoodie here 🤔

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Strikeforce316 said:

Wouldn’t you?

I'm sure there are people who would and possibly have bent over for Hoodie.  lol.

• Haha 2

I think Freeman would look good in a Chiefs uni.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I think Freeman would look good in a Chiefs uni.

As a Chiefs fan, this only makes sense if Clyde gets hurt. They spent 1st round capital on Clyde to be the guy, not split work with an injury-prone, out of his prime RB.

Freeman wants to win, but the problem is most of the good teams are set at RB, unless he wants to be a backup. I'm sure he's received calls already from teams he wants nothing to do with (Miami?, Jacksonville?, Washington?). Since he wants to win, I'm thinking Freeman is waiting to see if a starting RB on a good team goes down. The problem is the season is about to start, so he's running out of time. He can either be a backup on a winning team or the starter on a dumpster fire team. 

7 minutes ago, hard1 said:

This guy is most likely done

Yeah I agree with that. His last big year was in 2016, had a mediocre year in 2017 (but was a huge fantasy bust that year with a 1.07 ADP), played 2 games in 2018, played 14 games in 2019 where he had a third round ADP and let down owners for the most part but was surprisingly a mid RB 2 (#20 overall for RB's in full point ppr). I see a few scenarios where MAYBE the stars align for Freeman, but there's a reason no one has signed him yet. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

Yeah I agree with that. His last big year was in 2016, had a mediocre year in 2017 (but was a huge fantasy bust that year with a 1.07 ADP), played 2 games in 2018, played 14 games in 2019 where he had a third round ADP and let down owners for the most part but was surprisingly a mid RB 2 (#20 overall for RB's in full point ppr). I see a few scenarios where MAYBE the stars align for Freeman, but there's a reason no one has signed him yet. 

Exactly... the case for most guys in this scenario been several years I've gambled on a used to be thinking he'd catch on and get one more good year and I'd have stolen him.. worked out like once in 12 years... this won't be the 2nd time in 13 with this guy...

3 hours ago, hard1 said:

This guy is most likely done

If he doesn't change his expectations, then I agree, he's likely done.  His salary expectations are not in line with market value.

1 hour ago, Kilo said:

If he doesn't change his expectations, then I agree, he's likely done.  His salary expectations are not in line with market value.

Or he managed his money very well and can afford to say no to contracts that he thinks are just not worth getting injured for.

• Like 1

This guy is currently occupying a roster spot in my big money league and I've been debating dropping him.  But if I drop him, I know he'll sign with a team in the best situation possible to be their starter.  Do you still think he'll sign with a team before the season?

9 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

This guy is currently occupying a roster spot in my big money league and I've been debating dropping him.  But if I drop him, I know he'll sign with a team in the best situation possible to be their starter.  Do you still think he'll sign with a team before the season?

Depends who your dropping him for I guess.

Probably the best chance for him to carve out the biggest role. 

Added him off waivers, figured he's got more potential upside if he went there than the last guy on my current bench. If you have the room he's not a bad speculative add...if nothing comes of his visit then you can always just drop him.

He says he wants to win, yet he's visiting the Jags, who are obviously not trying to win and they're tanking for Trevor.

He must feel really dumb right now turning down the Seattle offer.  Guy is probably only going to make it on a team after week 1 when his salary is not guaranteed.

With jags he can be rb1

where will he be rb1 too ?? Pats? 

Best possible spot, especially given CT's known injury issues. He could split work in the running game and still be a viable starter in this offense. His receiving chops are far better than Fournette, so he could see 50+ receptions and be more efficient with those catches. Minshew showed he will dump off, this team's defense is not great, and Gruden's offense will use RBs in the passing game.I'm drafting tomorrow in a deep league and will be looking at him somewhere in the cuff range for the upside alone, he'll be an RB5 or so in that range anyways, so the risk is minimal. Obviously, the Jags may not sign him and the pick would be worthless.

Edited by Agmaniacmike
  • Like 1

Picked Freeman up in most of my leagues as a speculative add. He said he wants to win, so Jacksonville isn't exactly the best destination, but he'll clearly be the RB1 there with Fournette gone and Armstead out with COVID-19.

I'm sure he wants to play somewhere, anywhere this season, so he'll lower his asking price. Jags would be a good situation if he wants RB1 work and to prove himself, and then maybe he can sign with a better team next year.

I expect a deal to get done.

Edited by The Frayed Ends of Fantasy