FlashGordon401

Devonta Freeman 2020 Outlook

Yeah my expectations are quite low, but I did roster one share of him (last RD pick) in my 16 team PPR with a huge bench. Gonna hold until next week to see if an injury allows him a landing spot somewhere.

Don't vets often get signed after Week 1 so that their contracts don't have to be guaranteed for the remainder of the year? I imagine we'll be hearing something on him come Tuesday/Wednesday. 

Freeman is going to need to lower his asking price if he wants to be an NFL player ever again.

• Like 1

Hopefully he signs with a team this week due to RB injuries.  Thinking Colts or Jets maybe?

Thinking about picking him up and dropping my kicker just in case he does sign with someone. 

8 minutes ago, GeneralTsou said:

Hopefully he signs with a team this week due to RB injuries.  Thinking Colts or Jets maybe?

Neither make him worth picking up.

He needs to go to at least a decent offensive team with zero RB talent. The Jaguars are probably the best option right now. An injury would be his best bet...

11 minutes ago, GeneralTsou said:

Houston?

Tampa Bay? 😄

I can see Freeman going to Indy.

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I can see Freeman going to Indy.

Definitely is making me think twice about blowing my FAAB load for Hines

You don't think Indy, Phlly, Jacksonville, and NYJ wouldn't atleast be kicking the tires? I think 4 teams sounds pretty reasonable. Even add Houston depending on how bad Duke is hurt.

7 minutes ago, whitekenyan24 said:

You don't think Indy, Phlly, Jacksonville, and NYJ wouldn't atleast be kicking the tires? I think 4 teams sounds pretty reasonable. Even add Houston depending on how bad Duke is hurt.

Jax already said they are out

Philly Indy and Houston all lost guys in week 1...

12 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Jax already said they are out

Is that a fact? Thinking about using my number 1 claim on Robinson this week. 

Maybe the Chiefs are interested. They signed McCoy this time last year, so maybe they do something similar with Freeman.

I think there is a pretty slim chance Freeman is not signed in the next day or two.  If he is gonna be picky, which he has shown to be,  would be the only obstacle

I just would like him to go somewhere he'll get some good work. My leagues weird and we can't pick up people after we draft until the first add drop off the year. So I've been stuck with him. If he doesn't sign by tomorrow night I'll have to cut him. I'm not gonna miss out on FAs for being hopeful. If I can get a good situation I may keep him if he signs tomorrow. 

8 hours ago, whitekenyan24 said:

Jacksonville has already kicked the tires, and nothing happened. 

Freeman is washed up as he shown in his last couple years in Atlanta then the situation would have to be perfect for him to have any value at all. Most likely scenario is you get an aging RB in a rotation somewhere. Easy drop unless he signs somewhere good before waivers.

• Like 1