DerrickHenrysCleats

Will Fuller 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

WR1 for Houston? 

Until his hammy goes in the 2nd quarter of week 1. This is one of the most injury prone WR corps. Kenny Stills might be a sneaky value.

Disaster WR corps. The 2020 Texans will look like the 2019 Eagles. They'll have like Taylor Gabriel, Tajae Sharpe, and Coutee as their only healthy WRs by like week 6.

• Haha 1

Just now, ajs723 said:

Disaster WR corps. The 2020 Texans will look like the 2019 Eagles. They'll have like Taylor Gabriel, Tajae Sharpe, and Coutee as their only healthy WRs by like week 6.

Coutee hasn't been able to stay healthy through 2 seasons. I think Stills was their most healthy WR behind Hopkins last season.

26 minutes ago, devaster said:

Coutee hasn't been able to stay healthy through 2 seasons. I think Stills was their most healthy WR behind Hopkins last season.

Like I said, disaster. 

He would be totally miscast as a #1 WR. I'll let someone else draft this headache.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Evincar said:

He would be totally miscast as a #1 WR. I'll let someone else draft this headache.

100% agreed

2 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Sharpe got released by the Titans?

4 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

Sharpe got released by the Titans?

I believe he's a free agent. Could be wrong. 

Whoever is #4 on that depth chart when Fuller, Stills and Coutee are out with injuries is gonna be the WW pickup of the year.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Nothing new here. I'll guarantee you he'll have a 50 point outing week 1 and he'll also be out with something for 8 weeks afterwards. 

Image result for same old same old gif

Edited by DoYourJob

Yep, assuming there's no major WR add in Houston Fuller will probably be over-hyped all summer leading to people taking him in the 3rd round as their WR1. He would be entirely miscast as Houston's #1, injuries aside, so I can't see myself taking the bait on him in 2020.

WR injuries can be extremely flukey, see: Keenan Allen

On 3/16/2020 at 3:43 PM, Evincar said:

Agreed, he will be on none of my teams next year

Fuller with Watson has been borderline dominant when on the field.  Say what you want about Cooks but he's a very solid WR and will keep defenses from completely focusing on Fuller.  The loss of Hopkins and his 150 targets is huge and Fuller has the longest rapport with Watson. 

Also, HOU Oline has been a punching bag and dreadful for years but they made a nice improvement last year (per PFF - up from #31 in 2018 to #20 in 2019).  The team has put a lot of capital into this O-line too.  Obviously LT Tunsil is their key lineman but they also have 2019 1st rd pick RT THoward & 2nd rd pick G MScharping.  C NMartin & G ZFulton bring continuity and have shown improvement too.  If this group can make another leap, this would be huge for DWatson and the receivers.  More time protected will lead to bigger and more consistent pass plays.

Obviously injuries are the issue with Fuller and there's no denying he's a big risk for fantasy.  However, IMO the rewards (top 10 fantasy WR) outweigh the risk for me and I will be targeting him (and crossing my fingers) for 2020.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, J.T. Marlin said:

Fuller with Watson has been borderline dominant when on the field.  Say what you want about Cooks but he's a very solid WR and will keep defenses from completely focusing on Fuller.  The loss of Hopkins and his 150 targets is huge and Fuller has the longest rapport with Watson. 

Also, HOU Oline has been a punching bag and dreadful for years but they made a nice improvement last year (per PFF - up from #31 in 2018 to #20 in 2019).  The team has put a lot of capital into this O-line too.  Obviously LT Tunsil is their key lineman but they also have 2019 1st rd pick RT THoward & 2nd rd pick G MScharping.  C NMartin & G ZFulton bring continuity and have shown improvement too.  If this group can make another leap, this would be huge for DWatson and the receivers.  More time protected will lead to bigger and more consistent pass plays.

Obviously injuries are the issue with Fuller and there's no denying he's a big risk for fantasy.  However, IMO the rewards (top 10 fantasy WR) outweigh the risk for me and I will be targeting him (and crossing my fingers) for 2020.

I share the same thoughts.

I can’t wait to get heartbroken for the 3rd year in a row. Bring it on 

Edited by Breesus

Dude reminds me of Diggs.

Looks like he is going to be elite every year and then he gets injured. Injuries really seem to bother him so he doesn’t deliver on his ADP. That being said, those elite games push him up the draft board and you think he’s a steal the first few games of the year before he gets injured again. 

On 3/17/2020 at 12:00 PM, sSektor said:

WR injuries can be extremely flukey, see: Keenan Allen

a season-ending kidney injury is a lot different than nagging soft tissue injuries.

one might say that fuller's injuries are not fluky at all: they are consistent.

14 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Dude reminds me of Diggs.

Looks like he is going to be elite every year and then he gets injured. Injuries really seem to bother him so he doesn’t deliver on his ADP. That being said, those elite games push him up the draft board and you think he’s a steal the first few games of the year before he gets injured again. 

on one hand, 14 receptions on 16 targets for 217 yards and 3 TDs is the ninth best WR performance of all time (week 5 2019),

and on the other, 1 rec for 6 yards (week 7), or 1 rec for 8 yards (week 13), or 2 rec for 11 yards (week 16) are all in the realm of fuller's possibilities. 

it's those games where he starts and leaves early that kill fantasy production. 

in best ball, fuller is the golden goose.

18 hours ago, Breesus said:

I share the same thoughts.

I can’t wait to get heartbroken for the 3rd year in a row. Bring it on 

everything's already been injured so he's full of new parts! nothing can go wrong!

RewardingJealousAsiantrumpetfish-size_re 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The value is too good to avoid IMO.

Hopkins gone and this guy has the ability to be amazing WHEN healthy.  If you could have a top 10 WR for 8 weeks or a WR3/4 for 16 weeks what would you take?

I'm going with the top 10 guy for 8 weeks and praying for 16. 

Will Fuller or Diontae Johnson...

Hope you been stretching bro, because you're gonna get the call. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

The value is too good to avoid IMO.

Hopkins gone and this guy has the ability to be amazing WHEN healthy.  If you could have a top 10 WR for 8 weeks or a WR3/4 for 16 weeks what would you take?

I'm going with the top 10 guy for 8 weeks and praying for 16. 

Will Fuller or Diontae Johnson...

Hope you been stretching bro, because you're gonna get the call. 

Agree- the value is too good for the ADP. So what if he breaks- still has a shot o meet or exceed ADP, with the maximum ceiling being a league-winner WR pick. The opposite is also true- someone who's on the shelf for too long, and you start him and he busts, then he's on your bench, then he blows up. He's one of those players you just have to start every week and live with the results...hopefully won't cause you too many L's if he's just your flex or WR3. 

• Like 2

Deshaun Watson believes Will Fuller is "going to ball out" in 2020.

The entire Texans organization has been very confident in Fuller this summer. Following another injury-plagued season in 2019, Fuller went out and hired an expert to help him transform his body knowing he was playing in a contract season. With more offseason work outs, Fuller reported to camp weighing 190 pounds with more muscle mass and more flexibility. Coach Bill O'Brien said he's "excited about having him for 16 games"  and that Fuller "looks as good as he’s ever". The injury history is a concern, but it's being baked into Fuller's average draft position of WR33.

Source: ESPN.com
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Deshaun Watson believes Will Fuller is "going to ball out" in 2020.

The entire Texans organization has been very confident in Fuller this summer. Following another injury-plagued season in 2019, Fuller went out and hired an expert to help him transform his body knowing he was playing in a contract season. With more offseason work outs, Fuller reported to camp weighing 190 pounds with more muscle mass and more flexibility. Coach Bill O'Brien said he's "excited about having him for 16 games"  and that Fuller "looks as good as he’s ever". The injury history is a concern, but it's being baked into Fuller's average draft position of WR33.

Source: ESPN.com

His ADP is going to rise...I think he's a phenomenal value at WR33...most round 7 players can be crapshoots anyways. 

• Like 1

He's worked on his mechanics in the off-season. Here's to hoping that helps keep him on the field.

• Like 1

I am debating keeping him for $8 over a $14 Golladay just for the extra $6 and because he could outscore KG. High on both.

• Like 1

Reports of an encouraging offseason need to be taken with a grain of salt. He didn't have surgery until the end of January. As of May, he had "resumed running" and was making "steady progress". It was less than a month ago when we finally heard he had "fully recovered". If that's your idea of an encouraging offseason (~70% of the time spent in rehab), well, you know, that's just, like, uhh, your opinion, man.

I mean, of course the team is going to say he will "ball out" or whatever. What else should they say?

The reports of his January surgery were kinda all over the place. He struggled with a groin injury at the end of the year and reports first said he underwent sports hernia surgery. Later, they said he underwent core muscle surgery, which I believe is worse (means the muscle was likely torn from the pubic bone and needed to be reattached). Not good in combination with so many other lower body soft tissue injuries.

In 10 team leagues, 100% go for it. The weekly upside is too great. Your bench and the waiver wire will always be full of potential replacements. But I would be hesitant in deep leagues where the health of your guys means so much more.