DerrickHenrysCleats

Will Fuller 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

We were all aware that if we get 8 full games with Fuller we are lucky when he was drafted around 7-8th round. 
 

When healthy and not limited, I wouldn’t bet against Deshaun Watson’s No.1 WR. 
 

Also, it was unfortunate that he looked like he got hurt on that one reverse play on the very first drive of the game (I may be wrong but it was very early but this is important) but that shows me offense is trying to get creative in getting him the ball early and often. 
 

He’s a must start for me against anyone when healthy.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RunCMC said:

 

Cole and MVS are nowhere near the tier of Fuller.

If healthy you got to start Fuller, even in a tough matchup. Who better do you have to plug in as your 3rd WR or Flex.

Someone who can single handedly win your matchup that given week.

We know his floor is 0 but his ceiling is a 30 burger.   

Just sucks he dropped a donut last week, but even if he gave you 4 points. Not much of a difference honestly

This.

Ride with him until his inevitable multi week injury.

He played THE RAVENS.  Don't like the in and out bs, but hopefully it's a blip.

He went 8/112 in week 1.

Good chance he has a poor game against the Steelers too.  My hope is he plays the full game and leaves healthy, not much concerned with the numbers.

Then week 4 is the Vikings, who are a dumpster fire.  Look what Adams did to them.

If he bombs in 2 weeks... I'll be moving on.  Not until then though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

YOU CAN NOT DRAFT WILL FULLER WITH SEASON LONG HOPES.

Exactly. 

Took this dude with the expectation that I'll be replacing him at some point.  Maybe I get 1 game out of him, maybe 5, but probably not 12.

He's a cheap gamble, not a player you depend on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Exactly. 

Took this dude with the expectation that I'll be replacing him at some point.  Maybe I get 1 game out of him, maybe 5, but probably not 12.

He's a cheap gamble, not a player you depend on.

 

I drafted AJ Green in the 8th and Fuller in the 9th in a 12-team PPR league with the hopes of getting somewhere between 8-12 games from them COMBINED.  Anyone hoping for a full season from either of them is crazy, stupid, or kidding themselves.

 

But when Fuller is healthy, you HAVE to play him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure what to make of Fuller. He had one good game and anther goose egg game where he may or may not have been hurt the entire time. I have to think he was hurt and simply out there as a decoy. Watching the game you never really thought he was on the field (obviously with zero targets). I'm guessing the Texans felt they had zero chance without at least the threat of Fuller beating the Ravens deep. If he's not out there, Humphrey and Peters would swallow up Cooks and Cobb and it'd be even more of a blood bath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I respect both points in here. I definitely get the narrative of why he can both boom and bust. But after he gave me a goose egg without a clear injury absence, I felt the need to move on (That and I needed a TE something fierce).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just traded the dude.. maybe he will come back and demolish me one day. But I'd rather make the move than be shackled into thinking he's a stud when healthy, only to get a goose egg and no explanation. Can't have it... good luck to you all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Buckmcbuck said:

Just traded the dude.. maybe he will come back and demolish me one day. But I'd rather make the move than be shackled into thinking he's a stud when healthy, only to get a goose egg and no explanation. Can't have it... good luck to you all.

u gotta sell high buck! not low!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, collucho said:

u gotta sell high buck! not low!

Believe me I wanted to wait it out. But room on the bench is limited. I packaged fuller and ingram for golladay. Could very well come back to bite me. But maybe golladay works out.. 

Edited by Buckmcbuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Buckmcbuck said:

Believe me I wanted to wait it out. But room on the bench is limited. I packaged fuller and ingram for golladay. Could very well come back to bite me. But maybe golladay works out.. 

I think this is solid safe bet. Ingram will eventually lose touches in my opinion and he's very td dependant. Fuller can be wr1 or wr 3. So golladay with strong high end wr2 numbers I think was a very safe trade. I actually tried to get Kenny G with Fuller as well (I know nobody gives a ****). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mrmann1 said:

I think this is solid safe bet. Ingram will eventually lose touches in my opinion and he's very td dependant. Fuller can be wr1 or wr 3. So golladay with strong high end wr2 numbers I think was a very safe trade. I actually tried to get Kenny G with Fuller as well (I know nobody gives a ****). 

Ahhhh idk... i actually stroll through these things looking for what other people have done so maybe we are offering at least a bit of useful info. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scratching my head on this one.   Injured Sunday but not even on Wednesday's report, even to say he got a full practice in but has a quad/hammy/whatever issue.  

My only other receiving option is Shenault, and i'm afraid if i wait for Fuller and he suddenly vanishes from Friday's practice, i'm scrambling to get some kind of waiver dude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a feeling he gets loose for a long TD this week. It is really the only semi-weakness that PIT D might have.

Just have to hope Watson can make a pass rusher/blitzer miss and step up in the pocket to let it fly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pittsburgh has given up enough passing yards in two weeks thusfar, so i'm not totally afraid here. Driskel was able to hit a few big ones, and Slayton did damage week one.   This has shootout potential...........ugh, sure f it, i'll do it.   Fuller's in

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Pittsburgh has given up enough passing yards in two weeks thusfar, so i'm not totally afraid here. Driskel was able to hit a few big ones, and Slayton did damage week one.   This has shootout potential...........ugh, sure f it, i'll do it.   Fuller's in


it’s between Robby and him- but Robby has been more consistent. Obviously.

wouldnt surprise me if fuller has a bounce back game but need more clarity on health. Pitt D is no joke and can see Watson attacking down the middle of field or running...or just sucking lol

fwiw Texans implied has risen so maybe public sees something 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrianM said:

Pittsburgh has given up enough passing yards in two weeks thusfar, so i'm not totally afraid here. Driskel was able to hit a few big ones, and Slayton did damage week one.   This has shootout potential...........ugh, sure f it, i'll do it.   Fuller's in

You’re not alone. 
#WeStanFuller✌️
Let’s go

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still no update on if he tweaked anything last Sunday? I guess he’s healthy. As long as he’s healthy I’m going to light him up and pray 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Still no update on if he tweaked anything last Sunday? I guess he’s healthy. As long as he’s healthy I’m going to light him up and pray 

That is seriously so weird. Just the whole sequence of events. He's getting his hamstring rubbed on the side lines and missing plays during the game because of it but no injury tag is reported. And after a few days it's like nothing ever happened? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy about it not being that serious of a thing, but it's just weird.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:


it’s between Robby and him- but Robby has been more consistent. Obviously.

wouldnt surprise me if fuller has a bounce back game but need more clarity on health. Pitt D is no joke and can see Watson attacking down the middle of field or running...or just sucking lol

fwiw Texans implied has risen so maybe public sees something 

This is insane. How is this a question for you? Robby Anderson is essentially the same player/play style as Will Fuller EXCEPT he doesn’t have a long track record of randomly getting injured. Anderson all day.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let him ride the pine this week.

I won my matchup even with his dud, but not risking that again. 

I’ll be much more confident if he plays the whole game vs the Steelers and gets his targets. 

On top of that Watson and this O-line playing like booty. Thats directly effecting Fuller’s numbers. 

Now watch him drop a 20 burger on my bench. Haha

That’s the Will Fuller experience.

But at this point honestly I rather just play it safe. 

Edited by RunCMC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I think about this, the more I think he had a cramp in his hamstring. Can someone with an injury to his hamstring on Sunday all of the sudden log an entire week of full practices? I am no doctor but I imagine if he really did injure it, he would have been limited this week. 

I was super high on this guy and I hate that I just do not know what to do this week with him. Is this a bad matchup? I am not confident in Watson this week and the offensive line as opposed to not being confident with Fuller. But what if he is hobbled? This injury is not making sense. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

The more I think about this, the more I think he had a cramp in his hamstring. Can someone with an injury to his hamstring on Sunday all of the sudden log an entire week of full practices? I am no doctor but I imagine if he really did injure it, he would have been limited this week. 

I was super high on this guy and I hate that I just do not know what to do this week with him. Is this a bad matchup? I am not confident in Watson this week and the offensive line as opposed to not being confident with Fuller. But what if he is hobbled? This injury is not making sense. 

 

Well, I started Gardner so I’ve got absolutely nothing to lose starting this dude. I don’t even care if he sucks- Gardner ruined my week already lol

and now that I have psychologically accepted this outcome, fuller will go for 100-2. It’s how fAntasy is- everyone thinks they know everything after two games...but tonight’s game was apparent we don’t know anything 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...