DerrickHenrysCleats

Will Fuller 2020 Outlook

Anyone else have concerns about the matchup this week? Jaire Alexander is incredibly good. I’m just not sure if he has been tasked with shadowing receivers this season? If so, I’ll likely bench Fuller. I’ve never subscribed to the “start your studs” mentality. 

13 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Anyone else have concerns about the matchup this week? Jaire Alexander is incredibly good. I’m just not sure if he has been tasked with shadowing receivers this season? If so, I’ll likely bench Fuller. I’ve never subscribed to the “start your studs” mentality. 

Concerned, sure. No guarantee he goes on Fuller- could go on Cooks. Alexander is 4.43 so speed is there to match Fuller. 

Game flow is there. I read / heard Texans new OC is moving Fuller and Cooks into the slot now. That's when Fuller got free for the 50 yard TD.

And yes- start your studs. The game flow is there for this game...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Can see both sides of the coin. At the end of the day it only takes one play for Fuller to get behind the defense and into the endzone. However, Alexander is arguably the best corner in the league right now. I started Ridley a few weeks back against him, got a zero. My opponent started Mike Evans last week, one catch 10 yards.

If you have other strong options, I'd go with them; which you might because we all likely hit on this stud late. 

37 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Concerned, sure. No guarantee he goes on Fuller- could go on Cooks. Alexander is 4.43 so speed is there to match Fuller. 

Game flow is there. I read / heard Texans new OC is moving Fuller and Cooks into the slot now. That's when Fuller got free for the 50 yard TD.

And yes- start your studs. The game flow is there for this game...

Not to get caught up in the minutia, but he did run a 4.38 at the combine. He has some serious wheels. The more important factor is whether he is shadowing opposing #1s. I believe the Packers have been playing zone a decent amount, so that would be good for us. I’m sure someone has some next level stats that can help lol. 

33 minutes ago, USWAY said:

Can see both sides of the coin. At the end of the day it only takes one play for Fuller to get behind the defense and into the endzone. However, Alexander is arguably the best corner in the league right now. I started Ridley a few weeks back against him, got a zero. My opponent started Mike Evans last week, one catch 10 yards.

If you have other strong options, I'd go with them; which you might because we all likely hit on this stud late. 

Mike Clay got him ranked #18 (I know I know) but he's the CB/WR guru. Probably hard to reduce Fuller to anything less than #20 on anyone's list but #18 generally means a start in 3 WR leagues. If you're stacked and have a less "risky" option I get it. 

You guys really thinking of benching fuller? Lol. The guys a must start. He always gets the volume, the Texans are always in a shootout. He’s the guy there. He gets no love from the so called “pro analysts” but that’s ok. There’s so many “pros” now that these rankings are so out of wack every week they don’t even make any sense anymore.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 4