Rotoworld.com Forums

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, isuckatdfs said:

Next season is a long ways away but now that bill o brien is gone and texans garbage defense ensures carnivals every week. Since not much cap room and no first rounder in 2021 i do not see a path where the defense magically gets better.  I did not have enough fuller also due to injury concers taking gallup in the same range in a lot of drafts. Clearly a mistake but such is life. In 2021 fuller will be a first or 2nd rounder in 2021. Anyone who thinks they are getting a top 5 fantasy wr in round 4 or 5 next year is kidding themselves. 

Would he still be this good next season without steriod?

Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

I'm cynical too but I sometimes want to give them the benefit of the doubt. Athletes get screwed by third party people all the time. 

I hear that, but at the end of the day a professional (anyone for that matter) needs to be aware of what they are putting in their body. They make millions (the stars like Fuller do) and all it would have taken was a little diligence to make sure it wasn't banned before taking the pills. Either a liar or a dummy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

wow, as a 3 league owner I am crushed

and knowing his history, hes absolutely lying if he says he didnt know

6 games though when did that become standard?

Right? I've seen 2 games and only until recently someone got 4 games. I don't remember him ever having trouble with substances. 6 games seems excessive. Wtf. Luke Gifford just got 2 games. I thought the NFL wasn't racist anymore?

Edited by Belmundo
1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

Since when is it 6 games for this? So many people have had 2 game suspensions. These guys make up rules as they go along.

6 minutes ago, Belmundo said:

Right? I've seen 2 games and only until recently someone got 4 games. I don't remember him ever having trouble with substances. 6 games seems excessive. Wtf. Luke Gifford just got 2 games. I thought the NFL wasn't racist anymore?

the only thing I can think of is I have hear of times when a dude tests positive while on IR and its a slap on the wrist and they don't announce it, but make the next time more severe

so this is what happened.  The league doesn't test for weed but now

First-time positive tests for anabolic substances currently trigger a four-game ban. Under this CBA proposal, said offenses would cost a player six games, Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports. The 2011 CBA shelved a violator 10 games for a second offense; the proposed new agreement would result in a 17-game suspension for a second positive test, Florio adds. Additionally, players who attempt to manipulate samples will be given eight-game suspensions.

Should this CBA be ratified, disparate penalties for testing positive for anabolic substances and stimulants would take effect. The NFL will reduce the latter ban from four games to two, per Florio, and from 10 games to five for a second offense.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

wow, as a 3 league owner I am crushed

and knowing his history, hes absolutely lying if he says he didnt know

6 games though when did that become standard?

Wont they appeal this 100% of the time and get it reduced to 4?  I thought that was how it usually went but I could be wrong.