Rotoworld.com Forums

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is huge for Murray. Just look what OBJ did for Mayfield.

i haven't updated my "5,000/37" prediction in awhile, so let's kill two fer one here.  he is currently on pace for 4,750 total yds and 44 total TDs ... took a big hit in yards last week @Carolina

Kyler at his ADP was just one of the clearest calls to return value and then some this year to me. I'm one of those guys who usually waits forever on QBs but there has been a noticeable shift in

Posted Images

On 3/17/2020 at 6:22 AM, dontclapGonorrhea said:

I was able to get a decent draft pick for Kyler last night, to the owner of Hopkins(4 team keeper). Felt like he wanted to pair and I wanted to go a different route. Im not sold nor am I buying into the hype. There is a year of tape and the defenses they play aren't the worst. 

Rams x2

Hawks x2

49ers x2

Bills

Patriots

Eagles

Dolphins (secondary has made improvements)

Yes I know it is early to make assumptions on defenses, but if your considering buying or selling, it is something that holds nominal value.

Yea you overthought yourself here big time (depending on what you got in return). Good luck predicting defenses year to year and Kyler has so much upside due to his wheels. This will not be a repeat of Baker Mayfield.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, paulwall29 said:

Yea you overthought yourself here big time (depending on what you got in return). Good luck predicting defenses year to year and Kyler has so much upside due to his wheels. This will not be a repeat of Baker Mayfield.

Agreed, can't see Murray having as bad a season as Baker just had

8 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

In redraft one QB leagues hard pass. 

Hes gonna cost you a 4/5 fifth round pick.

Most people will not get a backup once they get their starting qb

So we have:

Mahommes,

Lamar,

Wilson,

Rodgers (who I like for the right price),

murrary,

Ryan,

Dak,

Brady (someone will pick him rd 4) 

Josh Allen,

Wentz,  

Watson (I am assuming they get him some more help, but he is still a running qb)

Give me Baker Mayfield, Goff, Stafford, Rivers, or even Daniel Jones in round 10. I like Daniel Jones and Baker in particular. Baker tons of weapons but in a tough defensive division, Daniel jones good weapons and hes mobile. 

Forgot about Brees and Big Ben those dude could easily finish top 10 as well, especially if brees gets a WR in the draft or another #2 across from Thomas. 

4 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Where is he gonna go in drafts and where are people likely to take him?

!2 Team PPR

Wouldn’t be shocked to see him go third

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Where is he gonna go in drafts and where are people likely to take him?

!2 Team PPR

He will go  around the 4th round in 1 qb leagues standard scoring. 

Lamar/Mahommes will probably go 2/3 turn. The only qbs I can see above him are Lamar and Mahommes. 

Rodgers/Wilson/Brady will probably be around the 4/5 as well. I am not sure if he should be ranked over those 3. 

Edited by nmartinez12443
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

He will go  around the 4th round in 1 qb leagues standard scoring. 

Lamar/Mahommes will probably go 2/3 turn. The only qbs I can see above him are Lamar and Mahommes. 

Rodgers/Wilson/Brady will probably be around the 4/5 as well. I am not sure if he should be ranked over those 3. 

Brady? Over Murray?  Wow....

5 hours ago, BMcP said:

Brady? Over Murray?  Wow....

You mean like Winston was over murrary last year. And Brady > Winston. You think Bucs just inherited the Pats defense and will be playing conservative like last year in a division with the Falcons and Saints. Thats 4 games alone that should be shoot outs. Plus games against the cheifs, 2x carolina, and green bay. Yes they are gonna be throwing a lot. 

Bradys offensive coach >> Murrary

Bradys Weapons especially if they get brown >>>>> Murray

Bradys schedule > Murray 

I see peyton manning bronco numbers coming from brady. Look at the games where he was forced to throw last year he was money.

And after all that neither will be on my team i just hope they get hyped so i can continue to load up on wrs/rbs in rd 4.

Edited by nmartinez12443
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Tom Brady over Kyler Murray?  Now I've heard everything.  Thanks for the chuckle.

At least i explained myself can you do the same. He has better weapons by far (evans, godwin, howard, brate, perriman, possibly antonio brown, and they are going to get another rb), arians has a long record of having passing orientated offense that are often top 5, they have an ultra competitive schedule that will force them to throw.

Yes I know murrary runs.

Splitting hairs for me tbh, I dont really care these guys are going to be going around round 4 and if your in a 1 qb league a losing move.

Wait until round 11 and get a pair of mayfield, stafford, or daniel jones maybe a mobile rookie like herbert if he goes to a good spot after you've loaded up on wrs and rbs and got a couple tes you think will hit. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nmartinez12443 said:

At least i explained myself can you do the same. He has better weapons by far (evans, godwin, howard, brate, perriman, possibly antonio brown, and they are going to get another rb), arians has a long record of having passing orientated offense that are often top 5, they have an ultra competitive schedule that will force them to throw.

Yes I know murrary runs.

Splitting hairs for me tbh, I dont really care these guys are going to be going around round 4 and if your in a 1 qb league a losing move.

Wait until round 11 and get a pair of mayfield, stafford, or daniel jones maybe a mobile rookie like herbert if he goes to a good spot after you've loaded up on wrs and rbs and got a couple tes you think will hit. 

Wait - Tom Brady going in the fourth?  What am I missing?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Yes I know murrary runs.

Good thoughts.  If you think it is splitting hairs to prefer Kyler Murray over Tom Brady, I disagree.   Murray is the most recent number one overall pick in the NFL, a dynamic dual threat talent in his early 20s, playing in an air-raid offensive system, and who just had DeAndre Hopkins added to his arsenal.

Tom Brady is almost 43, was horrible last year, and is now going to a totally new system with a coach who favors long developing deep passes to wide receivers down the field, not exactly Brady's forte.  And Arians is a coach who has stubbornly refused to change his system, regardless of specific personnel, in 12 years as an OC or a HC.  Brady to Tampa is not a match made in heaven.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Try drafting 3, it's awesome, trust me.

Hell just draft 12.  Then hold preposterous standards for trade value.  You'll be in last place, but at least you'll also make everyone in your league hate you.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Wait - Tom Brady going in the fourth?  What am I missing?

If you don't think he is going to get hyped to oblivion you are mistaken. Winston was the #2/#3 qb last year and would of been closer to lamar if he didn't throw so many picks.  Brady is going to throw a ton because in that offense, with that defense, and division he has to. However, WHO CARES YOU SHOULDNT BE DRAFTING ANY OF THESE GUYS.

However, back to Kyler out of respect for the thread. Lets just go ahead and say he is #3 overall. Lamar, Mahommes, Kyler, etc. You are going to be paying a 4th round price tag. Too rich IMO.

That being said with Watson now being hamstrung there are only a few qbs who run like Murrary: Lamar, Wilson, Josh Allen, Minshew, and Daniel Jones. This is a huge advantage in 4 pt td leagues. 3/5 can be gotten 2 rounds later than Kyler and I would opt for them and pick a RB/WR in the 4th. 

6 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I'm reaching for Murray and josh Allen, that's my plan, and I haven't drafted two qbs in 5 years

one of them should pan out

Except its gonna cost your 4th and 5th round pick. 

10 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

If you don't think he is going to get hyped to oblivion you are mistaken. Winston was the #2/#3 qb last year and would of been closer to lamar if he didn't throw so many picks.  Brady is going to throw a ton because in that offense, with that defense, and division he has to. However, WHO CARES YOU SHOULDNT BE DRAFTING ANY OF THESE GUYS.

However, back to Kyler out of respect for the thread. Lets just go ahead and say he is #3 overall. Lamar, Mahommes, Kyler, etc. You are going to be paying a 4th round price tag. Too rich IMO.

That being said with Watson now being hamstrung there are only a few qbs who run like Murrary: Lamar, Wilson, Josh Allen, Minshew, and Daniel Jones. This is a huge advantage in 4 pt td leagues. 3/5 can be gotten 2 rounds later than Kyler and I would opt for them and pick a RB/WR in the 4th. 

You’re putting Danny Dimes on par with those guys as a rusher?  And above Watson?  I am obviously missing something here.

45 minutes ago, BMcP said:

You’re putting Danny Dimes on par with those guys as a rusher?  And above Watson?  I am obviously missing something here.

Yes Ill include Watson, but i really dont like his weapons now and yes danny dimes averaged 22 rushing yards per game 7th in total rushing qb yards despite only played 13 games and watson gave you 4th most at 28 rushing yard per game. So yes Danny Dimes is mobile, not at kylers level, but your also drafting danny dimes in the 13th round and not investing a 4th round pick. 

I'm smelling a Bakerish ADP rise for him this offseason and I just can't get behind that since his ADP was already sorta high before the Hop signing. Definitely a trade target if the owner is struggling early season.

2 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Works for me, better than getting mike williams, oj howard, evan engram, baker mayfield

• tonycpsu changed the title to Kyler Murray 2020 Outlook