DerrickHenrysCleats

Kyler Murray 2020 Outlook

4 player keeper. I am keeping him. He is going to play from behind. If they can address the line with. Trent Williams trade or in the draft, he is going to shoot up. I am still leery on some stuff, but we have 160 days to figure it out. He has the chance to finish in the top 5.

Murray

Cook

Jacobs

Adams

On 3/19/2020 at 7:01 PM, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Works for me, better than getting mike williams, oj howard, evan engram, baker mayfield

LOL, those guys aren't going in round 4. More like Gallup, Ridley, Metcalf, Hilton, random rookie RB, Engram, Conner, ETC. You are passing up a lot of talent for a position that goes 20 deep. 

Best QB in 2018- Mahommes Drafted in like round 11

Best QB in 2019- Lamar- Drafted in like round 12/undrafted.

On 3/19/2020 at 7:01 PM, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Works for me, better than getting mike williams, oj howard, evan engram, baker mayfield

I think you meant drafting those guys in 2019, so my bad if thats what you are referring to. But for every 4th round oj howard you have godwin, wilson, ingram, eckler, etc. 

On 3/19/2020 at 10:22 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

Tom Brady over Kyler Murray?  Now I've heard everything.  Thanks for the chuckle.

LMAO!  April Fools was a while back

On 3/17/2020 at 6:22 AM, dontclapGonorrhea said:

I was able to get a decent draft pick for Kyler last night, to the owner of Hopkins(4 team keeper). Felt like he wanted to pair and I wanted to go a different route. Im not sold nor am I buying into the hype. There is a year of tape and the defenses they play aren't the worst. 

Rams x2

Hawks x2

49ers x2

Bills

Patriots

Eagles

Dolphins (secondary has made improvements)

Yes I know it is early to make assumptions on defenses, but if your considering buying or selling, it is something that holds nominal value.

Tapes worst enemy is a QB that can extend plays or rush for a first down.  Or rush for a touchdown... he’s one of two qbs that can do that.  But don’t worry, the tape will stop his arm, his legs, nuke, Kirk, drake, Fitzgerald, kingsbury.

• Thanks 1

PFFs fantasy projections certainly weren't kind for Murray/Zona. 23 TDs and less than 500 rushing yards would be bad considering his ADP. I think his production is pegged for higher ends as his defense will still be bad, and the division they play in is, arguably, the best in football. Is he above the Matt Ryan/Josh Allen tier, or in line with them? 

On 5/27/2020 at 10:14 PM, Strike Three said:

Tapes worst enemy is a QB that can extend plays or rush for a first down.  Or rush for a touchdown... he’s one of two qbs that can do that.  But don’t worry, the tape will stop his arm, his legs, nuke, Kirk, drake, Fitzgerald, kingsbury.

Where do you think he ends up ranking wise with other qbs? I think in general people think he will be LJAX Mahomes tier and i don't see it R.W Dak and Watson imo are still better options and im not a dak fan 

25 minutes ago, buckeyestilidie said:

PFFs fantasy projections certainly weren't kind for Murray/Zona. 23 TDs and less than 500 rushing yards would be bad considering his ADP. I think his production is pegged for higher ends as his defense will still be bad, and the division they play in is, arguably, the best in football. Is he above the Matt Ryan/Josh Allen tier, or in line with them? 

Sophomore slump is a thing and he has some risk, but what more could you have asked for last year with no #1 receiver? I have it Mahomes/Lamar and then Dak/Kyler and then Wilson/Watson. Those projections seem really low. Between the volume, his ability as both a rusher and passer, and adding Hopkins, I feel like that's what the floor is and the ceiling is way higher. I'm confidently picking Kyler in the 6th if he's available it and makes sense (Yahoo ADP) and not thinking twice about it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NInsko said:

Where do you think he ends up ranking wise with other qbs? I think in general people think he will be LJAX Mahomes tier and i don't see it R.W Dak and Watson imo are still better options and im not a dak fan 

He's in the Dak/Wilson/Watson tier, but based on my own preference I have him and Dak in their own tier just a tiny teency bit above Wilson and Watson, personally.

2 minutes ago, aapox said:

He's in the Dak/Wilson/Watson tier, but based on my own preference I have him and Dak in their own tier just a tiny teency bit above Wilson and Watson, personally.

What rnd do you normally pick a qb? 

1 minute ago, NInsko said:

What rnd do you normally pick a qb? 

10th? I tend to think all these guys (2nd tier) are decent value in the 6th, but there's still guys with WR2 upside there who I like and Hunt/RoJones to consider, too, and when push comes to shove i might bet on one of those guys instead and just roll with a later QB.

35 minutes ago, aapox said:

10th? I tend to think all these guys (2nd tier) are decent value in the 6th, but there's still guys with WR2 upside there who I like and Hunt/RoJones to consider, too, and when push comes to shove i might bet on one of those guys instead and just roll with a later QB.

I normally wait and stack wr2 upside at that point too i dont value wr1 all that much and never draft em. I go heavy rb. Im either gonna take a qb around rnd 6 like Murray tier or wait and take a shot in the dark with Newton or Burrows. All or nothing kinda with a stacked line up and if that fails play the wire which ive never done. 2nd tier qb seems the safest play

• Like 1

Nice. I agree. With those 4 guys you can feel pretty good about floor and ceiling and not worry about matchup. I’m pretty okay with the next few guys too but the 2nd tier at their value feels like a good benefit because they have #1 or at least #3 upside more realistically than the rest.

• Like 1

... in the next full 16 game season (2021?), let's pencil in:

5,000+ total yds.

37 total TDs. 

me likey 🎱

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

5,000+ total yds.

37 total TDs. 

me likey 🎱

Stack Murray with King Hendry.

Then sit back and watch the stacks roll in. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Stack Murray with King Hendry.

Then sit back and watch the stacks roll in. 

dispensing league crushing tidbits up in here 🏆

• Like 1

On 8/2/2020 at 11:57 PM, buckeyestilidie said:

That does seem a bit low.  23 TDs and under 500 rushing would both be worse than his rookie year with a first year play-caller.  You would think a natural step forward from Murray and another year under Kingsbury's belt would improve those numbers.  Oh and plus they added some guy names Hopkins.  

On 8/3/2020 at 9:34 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

5,000+ total yds.

37 total TDs. 

me likey 🎱

That seems a bit lofty to just "pencil in."  The PFF projection seems way too low, but this seems quite high. 

For example, 0 QBs hit those marks last season.  Lamar Jackson probably would have if he played all 16 for 4 quarters.  

1 hour ago, Fort4242 said:

That seems a bit lofty to just "pencil in."  The PFF projection seems way too low, but this seems quite high. 

For example, 0 QBs hit those marks last season.  Lamar Jackson probably would have if he played all 16 for 4 quarters.  

let's give the kid (conservatively) 30 and change rushing per week ... over a 16 game season, that's in the 500 ballpark.  

again, that's a conservative measure. 

now, let's also assume an avg of 275 per game chucking it ... that comes to 4400 yds thru the air. 

there's 4900 yds, and that is far from "lofty" given the nature of his talent, the propensity for Kliff to run a ton of plays, better weapons, maturity, etc. 

lofty? ha, i think not ... i believe those above metrics will morph into mere clock punching for this kid.  

(look at the numbers again, and tell me it's TOO MUCH).

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

let's give the kid (conservatively) 30 and change rushing per week ... over a 16 game season, that's in the 500 ballpark.  

again, that's a conservative measure. 

now, let's also assume an avg of 275 per game chucking it ... that comes to 4400 yds thru the air. 

there's 4900 yds, and that is far from "lofty" given the nature of his talent, the propensity for Kliff to run a ton of plays, better weapons, maturity, etc. 

lofty? ha, i think not ... i believe those above metrics will morph into mere clock punching for this kid.  

(look at the numbers again, and tell me it's TOO MUCH).

It's TOO MUCH.

You know how many QBs had 4000+ pass yards and 400+ rushing yards in the same season over the past 10 years?

Answer: not a lot.

Edited by Boudewijn
Hiding the URL from hell
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Poised for a monster year, love the talent & current environment he’s in. Besides, DHop landing at Zona just raised this kid’s ceiling exponentially. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

It's TOO MUCH.

You know how many QBs had 4000+ pass yards and 400+ rushing yards in the same season over the past 10 years?

Answer: not a lot.

we'll agree to disagree on this one, my good man .... 

looking at the link you provided, Wilson jumps out as most apropos - sure, it's a lazy and clichéd comparison, but - BOOM! there it is. 

St. Russel is a very special and remarkable talent, but i'm a yuuuuuuuuge buyer/believer in Murray - he's up to the task, and will prove himself worthy of the comparison.

let's go for chips and giggles here - let's allow for a 10 game season here in 2020 ...

applying my metric, let's give him 300 rushing, 2800 passing - 3100 total. 

let's chuck 22 total TDs up in that mutha for good measure. 

color me impressed.  this kid's about to blow the eff up.  

2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Poised for a monster year, love the talent & current environment he’s in. Besides, DHop landing at Zona just raised this kid’s ceiling 

MRW I make a joke in the comments and I see it gets an upvote after a few  hours - Meme Guy

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Haha 3

On 8/12/2020 at 4:59 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

we'll agree to disagree on this one, my good man .... 

looking at the link you provided, Wilson jumps out as most apropos - sure, it's a lazy and clichéd comparison, but - BOOM! there it is. 

Yeah but that was also Wilson's 4th year in the league.  And even then he amassed about 4500 total yards and 35 TDs - a bit shy of the 5,000+ and 37 you want to "pencil him in" for.  

What you're projecting is an absolute ceiling for Murray.  

18 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

Yeah but that was also Wilson's 4th year in the league.  And even then he amassed about 4500 total yards and 35 TDs - a bit shy of the 5,000+ and 37 you want to "pencil him in" for.  

What you're projecting is an absolute ceiling for Murray.  

PENCIL. 

IT. 

IN. 

👊