Rotoworld.com Forums

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is huge for Murray. Just look what OBJ did for Mayfield.

i haven't updated my "5,000/37" prediction in awhile, so let's kill two fer one here.  he is currently on pace for 4,750 total yds and 44 total TDs ... took a big hit in yards last week @Carolina

Kyler at his ADP was just one of the clearest calls to return value and then some this year to me. I'm one of those guys who usually waits forever on QBs but there has been a noticeable shift in

Posted Images

1 hour ago, street sharks said:

Kyler has an actual defense to help him out though

If Kyler and Russ finish the season with identical records and stats and Kyler beat Russ in both head to head matchups there's no way Russ wins MVP because Kyler's defense is better.

13 hours ago, NativeTheory said:

I drafted him in the 7th round in a 10 man league. 5th QB taken. Jackson went in 2nd, Mahomes in 3rd, Dak in 4th, Watson in 6th. 

Wow, wouldn’t have got a sniff there in most leagues. My 10-teamer I got him in the 5th, would have taken Dak but the guy before me took him. Still thanking him now.

We drafted in the week before the season. At that point there were clear tiers - Mahomes and Jackson, then Dak/Russell/Kyler/Deshaun. I presumed most people were in the same boat. Getting him in the seventh is a surprise.

• Like 1
On 10/26/2020 at 4:03 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i predicted 5,000 total yds, 37 total TDs.

through 7 weeks:

1,847 passing

437 rushing

= 2,284 total yds

13 TD passes

7 TD runs

= 20 total TDs 

he is averaging 326 yds total offense per, and 2.85 TDs. 

he is on pace for 5,216 total yds and 45 total TDs.

most important, tho, was bagging the W over that hippie rahrahPetey and St.Russel.  

had they lost after the ridiculous FG botch in OT, it might have taken the wheels totally off this wagon ... you can't have the division bully on the ropes and let 'em up ... but Kliffy somehow found a way. 

had the smirking MVP front-runner pulled this one out it would've been a cataclysmic dagger to this team's 2020 prospects, especially with having two full weeks to have it fester and marinate over the bye. 

... but they got the 11th hr reprieve, and cashed that mutha IN!   biggest franchise win since the NFCCG some 12 years ago, and undoubtedly the finest hour of the Kyler/Kliff era - momumental comeback from 10 down in the 4th qtr. 

tl;dr

ON PACE FOR 5,200/45

🥌

... just wanted to revisit this as Kyler heads into the bye. 

for comparision sake, LJax finished last year with 4,333 total yds and 43 TDs - 3,127 passing yds and 1,206 rushing yds ... 36 pass TDs, 7 rushing TDs. 

Murray will easily blow away the passing yds, and finish short of the rushing mark, which was a record for QBs. 

but he already matched LJax in rushing TDs, and is pretty much a lock to break Cam's record of 11 rushing TDs for a QB. 

so, at this point of the season, Kyler is on pace to register close to 900 more total yds of offense and 2 more total TDs than the 2019 MVP season that was LJax. 

... and yet he is getting nowhere near the raves Lamar did last year 🤷‍♂️ 

another factor here is that Kyler is definitely set up for much longer term success in this leeg than the reigning MVP ... he can make all the throws, he has a HC who has tailored the perfect scheme to utilize every last ounce of the kid's talents, and the organization seems committed to supplying whatever is needed to capitalize on these prime years. 

he also never takes a vicious hit ... he is so damn quick - jitterbug moves and jukes that are more reminiscent of Barry Sanders than Mike Vick. 

he dodges and darts and slides (baseball training) ... his awareness in regards ro being hit is prolly the best i've seen from a QB ... there was a play last Sunday vs the SeaHags that perfectly encapsulated this - he took off on a run/scramble, juked a couple defenders silly, then dodged another completely as he glided outta bounds. 

unlike the bigger and rangier cats like LJax/Cam/Josh, he's hard to line up for that kill shot due to the lower center of gravity and density of hit target. 

Vick wasn't as cagey as Kyler, and he was not as fast ... and that's saying an awful lot ... Vick had a RB's mentality when he ran, Murray has a completely different mindset - he avoids the contact, never tries to bowl anyone over ... he's as Houdini at the position as we've ever seen. 

did i mention he's on pace to better LJax 2019?

MVP LJax 2019, for those keeping score. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

he dodges and darts and slides (baseball training) ... his awareness in regards ro being hit is prolly the best i've seen from a QB ... there was a play last Sunday vs the SeaHags that perfectly encapsulated this - he took off on a run/scramble, juked a couple defenders silly, then dodged another completely as he glided outta bounds. 

Thing 1: yea he always slides, he never tries to pick up an extra yard. There has been multiple times this year where he could have gotten the first and taken a hit but he slid short on 3rd down because him/the cardinals realize his health is more important that a 3rd down conversion

Thing 2: yea his numbers are better than LJax 2019 which is remarkable, but that won’t guarantee him the MVP. It’s coming out of the NFC West the only question is which QB gets it.

12 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

Thing 2: yea his numbers are better than LJax 2019 which is remarkable, but that won’t guarantee him the MVP. It’s coming out of the NFC West the only question is which QB gets it.

gist of my point was that Kyler's season thus far projects better than last year's MVP. 

I am fully aware St.Russell is the current frontrunner, and rightfully so ... but Kyler is 1-0 vs them thus far, and already has the Cards at 5 wins, which matches their total for the entire 2019 season.

yep, St.Russell holds the keys atm, but Kyler is firmly ahead of that chase pack (Kyler/ARod/Brady).

5 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

gist of my point was that Kyler's season thus far projects better than last year's MVP. 

I am fully aware St.Russell is the current frontrunner, and rightfully so ... but Kyler is 1-0 vs them thus far, and already has the Cards at 5 wins, which matches their total for the entire 2019 season.

yep, St.Russell holds the keys atm, but Kyler is firmly ahead of that chase pack (Kyler/ARod/Brady).

If he can just elevate his passing game a bit,  game over.

Only thing that's holding him back right now from dusting Russell.  (fantasy wise) 

This kind of pick can win your league. Another example of why drafting qbs within the early rounds hurts. Sad i wont have him this week but excited for ROS especially if they use edmonds more for the double stack

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

To be fair, with COVID I can give it a pass. Aren't players told not to mingle too much?

They are tackling each other all game showing good sportsmanship and shaking Tua’s hand wouldn’t have hurt 

3 hours ago, affliction said:

Lol walked off after the Fins upset; great player but one of the least likable players in the league for me. 

Holy **** this guy has never done anything remotely similar to this in the NFL and college nor exhibited any attitude problems or concerns. He legit carried his team and had the ball taken out of his hands twice on 4th down costing them the game. Stop bashing on his competitiveness and it honestly sounds like needless hating to me how he can be anyone's "least likeable players in the league".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Deuce1042 said:

Man I felt bad for Kyler Murray today. What a tremendous performance that's gonna get lost to history because they lost the game. I've never seen an NFL kicker miss short on a 49 yarder. 

Maybe he should stop targeting scrubs.  He thinks he can just spread it like he is MVP year ARod.

On 10/28/2020 at 5:08 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... just wanted to revisit this as Kyler heads into the bye. 

for comparision sake, LJax finished last year with 4,333 total yds and 43 TDs - 3,127 passing yds and 1,206 rushing yds ... 36 pass TDs, 7 rushing TDs. 

Murray will easily blow away the passing yds, and finish short of the rushing mark, which was a record for QBs. 

but he already matched LJax in rushing TDs, and is pretty much a lock to break Cam's record of 11 rushing TDs for a QB. 

so, at this point of the season, Kyler is on pace to register close to 900 more total yds of offense and 2 more total TDs than the 2019 MVP season that was LJax. 

... and yet he is getting nowhere near the raves Lamar did last year 🤷‍♂️ 

another factor here is that Kyler is definitely set up for much longer term success in this leeg than the reigning MVP ... he can make all the throws, he has a HC who has tailored the perfect scheme to utilize every last ounce of the kid's talents, and the organization seems committed to supplying whatever is needed to capitalize on these prime years. 

he also never takes a vicious hit ... he is so damn quick - jitterbug moves and jukes that are more reminiscent of Barry Sanders than Mike Vick. 

unlike the bigger and rangier cats like LJax/Cam/Josh, he's hard to line up for that kill shot due to the lower center of gravity and density of hit target. 

Vick wasn't as cagey as Kyler, and he was not as fast ... and that's saying an awful lot ... Vick had a RB's mentality when he ran, Murray has a completely different mindset - he avoids the contact, never tries to bowl anyone over ... he's as Houdini at the position as we've ever seen. 

He's definitely gonna throw for more yards than Lamar did and I think he finishes with around 900-1000 rushing yards. Incredible statistical season. I don't think he'll win the MVP though because the Ravens finished 14-2 and had the number one seed in the AFC last season. That had a lot to do with it. 

I could still easily see Arizona finishing 3rd in the NFC West depending on what Rams team shows up when they play them. And I think the Bills beat Arizona next week. I just think the Cardinals will lose too many games. He may get offensive player of the year though.