dashoe

Cam Newton 2020 Outlook

53 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Once he returns, where does everyone expect him to be in the hierarchy of QBs ROS rankings?

Top 8 for sure, top 5 some weeks. That rushing ability makes him gold and he looks healthy.

Edited by TwoCan Sam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

Top 8 for sure, top 5 some weeks. That rushing ability makes him gold and he looks healthy.

• Like 1

Just traded for him after the Lamar disappointment. Hope he makes it back for this week and stays to form. Got high hopes for Cam this year with how he has been running and passing.

2 minutes ago, harck said:

Just traded for him after the Lamar disappointment. Hope he makes it back for this week and stays to form. Got high hopes for Cam this year with how he has been running and passing.

Welcome aboard the Superman train!!!

5 minutes ago, harck said:

giphy.gif

Too bad the NFL did not postpone the NE-KC game.  Would have been a much better look for the league, much better situation for the Pats, and probably ends up with a fantastic night from Cam with a **** ton of fake football points for us.  NFL is losing $1bn / week.  They are trying to stop the bleeding. 

Back to Cam.  The IG post where he is in the gym and he is talking about 'never seeing this Cam before'.  I think there is some truth to that.  He is going to lead NE deep into the playoffs.  This a very stout team.  With Cam under center, we are talking about the Patriots being Super Bowl contenders.  They would have been surgical.  Mahomes would be like...ya...I didn't win a Heismann...that dude swaggy as f--- and a baller....we got a dog fight LAMAR. 

Unfortunately, when it comes to fantasy...I'm not so sure how this is all going to work out.  I'm seeing the Patriots getting the smashmouth mentality back.  Cam is a smashmouth QB with an entire backfield of smashmouth.  Burkhead is reckless.  Michel just runs downhill.  Harris is Cory Dillon size....and I think he can ball.  You also have James White that is not the epitome of smashmouth but how often does he fail you when you are close to the 1st Down Marker.....point is...I am not sure what to make of the Cam running yards.  It is highly dependent on game script and the game outcome.  I can't imagine that BB and McDaniels want to wear this dude out.  Plus, he is tossing the seed so well in so many situations.  Thinking 250 yards, 2 TD, 50, 1 TD will be your generous average

Yeah, like the Ravens, I don't expect them to go pass heavy, but counting on those rushing yards. Any QB with some sort of rushing floor and the potential for rushing TDs will always be fantasy gold.

Is Cam the first major player to come back to play after getting COVID-19 During season?  Were there other players (offensive or defensive) and did they come back with just limited snaps their first game back? Any risk that Belichick will split his snaps with Stidham?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TwoCan Sam said:

He’s fantasy gold. That was a “bad” game for him too

I agree. If a game like today was his low-water mark, I’ll take it.

Yup not going to lie i was worried today but his these are his bad games I’m not too mad. 
The rushing TD and yards sure did help. 

first game back also so hoping he just gets better 

If this is his awful game, I'll take it. His legs are a nice floor. Pats desperately need WR help though, and some of their O-line back from injury. I don't see Cam having a nice ceiling without some help.

The rush TD saved the day, but I'm not sure that's something we can count on.

Edited by harck

I thought the Pats just sucked against the Broncos in Denver....they seem to suck against the Broncos everywhere.  Man....once again, the Pats defense looks stout.  I guess it doesn't help when 85% of your practices over two weeks are virtual.  

6 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I thought the Pats just sucked against the Broncos in Denver....they seem to suck against the Broncos everywhere.  Man....once again, the Pats defense looks stout.  I guess it doesn't help when 85% of your practices over two weeks are virtual.  

Cam had 2 points until literally the last 12 minutes of the game lol. Count the blessings that he actually ended up with 16- that looked really rough 

His week 3 was even worse.  Can’t really tell if his first two games are more outliers or the most recent 2.

11 minutes ago, alexcuse said:

His week 3 was even worse.  Can’t really tell if his first two games are more outliers or the most recent 2.

Don't think the Seattle points are coming back any time soon. But I do think Cam can still be a 18-22 PPG qb1, but it could be bumpy. Broncos came to play today. 

Patriots had minimal practice time and Cam had Covid. Even if he was asymptomatic, the whole Pats unit was rusty AF yesterday. Most of us (including me) didn't account for how real getting little practice time affects players, even in a scheme like Belicheck's.

He is going to settle in as a low-end QB1 the rest of the season with his running skill elevating him to mid-tier QB1 on favorable game days. So he's going to be more attractive than say, Matt Ryan or Matt Stafford types streaming on the waivers, but isn't a guaranteed lock or foolproof against teams with good run defenses.

Benched in the 3rd quarter. What does this mean for next week?

Unfortunate... considering dropping him after this week. Pats have no offensive weapons and Cam has looked terrible throwing the ball. Looking like a rebuild for the Pats.

Hard to believe this team threw the ball for 400 yards in week 2.

2 touchdowns on the season, 7 interceptions

I think the Jets have a better offense.

Can't really reconcile his first two weeks with what happened since, but anyway, he can't be started moving forward and everyone should look for a new option ROS.