dashoe

Cam Newton 2020 Outlook

Best chances for Cam were Bears, Bucs, Chargers, Dolphins, Jags, Raiders and Patriots.

So far five of those six are now set at QB.  Where is Cam supposedly going to sign?

13 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Best chances for Cam were Bears, Bucs, Chargers, Dolphins, Jags, Raiders and Patriots.

So far five of those six are now set at QB.  Where is Cam supposedly going to sign?

Serious question: if the NFL was being re-drafted tomorrow, would you take Cam Newton or Derek Carr first?

They won't do it as they don't have the cap space, and it would mutiny the locker room, but I'd probably take Cam.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Best chances for Cam were 1) Bears, 2) Bucs, 3) Chargers, 4) Dolphins, 5) Jags, 6) Raiders and 7) Patriots.

You're just disrespecting the Pats again, are you?

tenor.gif

5 minutes ago, DeliciousGravy said:

Serious question: if the NFL was being re-drafted tomorrow, would you take Cam Newton or Derek Carr first?

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

You're just disrespecting the Pats again, are you?

tenor.gif

The one who is not set at QB is the Jags.  I still see Jax as Cam's most likely destination.

4 hours ago, DeliciousGravy said:

They won't do it as they don't have the cap space, and it would mutiny the locker room, but I'd probably take Cam.

As you say, impossible to figure out what teams would do if the entire player pool was redrafted.  I suspect Carr would be preferred ahead of Cam because Carr is perceived to be healthier and more of a team player.

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The one who is not set at QB is the Jags.  I still see Jax as Cam's most likely destination.

Rumor is the Jaqs will tank this season to take Trevor in the draft. 

Mods can we please lock this thread. I’m triggered quite frankly. This guy isn’t even on a team and people are just using this thread to spread rumors and trash the guy. If the josh Gordon thread can get locked this should’ve been weeks ago

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Mods can we please lock this thread. I’m triggered quite frankly. This guy isn’t even on a team and people are just using this thread to spread rumors and trash the guy. 

huh.gif

I see no trashing and frankly, disappointingly few rumours.

49 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

If the josh Gordon thread can get locked this should’ve been weeks ago

I don't think the Gordon thread got locked over thrashing and rumours. I think it got locked over endless pages of bickering, quite a lot of it completely unrelated to Football. This thread by comparison has been a haven of sanity.

I get that you're upset about your guy, and I don't blame you. Unfortunately the Football world is harsh.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Panthers8912 said:

Mods can we please lock this thread. I’m triggered quite frankly. This guy isn’t even on a team and people are just using this thread to spread rumors and trash the guy. If the josh Gordon thread can get locked this should’ve been weeks ago

If this thread upsets you, don't look at the Jonnu Smith Thread!  :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

I’m sorry I think you got this confused with North Korea. 

You being triggered doesn’t mean the thread gets closed. Lmao what the f---...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I’m sorry I think you got this confused with North Korea. 

You being triggered doesn’t mean the thread gets closed. Lmao what the f---...

North Koreans don’t have access to the internet so no, I don’t think I did

18 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

As you say, impossible to figure out what teams would do if the entire player pool was redrafted.  I suspect Carr would be preferred ahead of Cam because Carr is perceived to be healthier and more of a team player.

How is carr more of a team player? 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 10:22 PM, PizzaBeerFF said:

When I watched Cam play lately he wasn’t accurate. Like he had some sort of a arm/shoulder problem. 

No he had a foot problem and couldn’t step into any of his throws. He threw the ball fine all TC 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Panthers8912 said:

How is carr more of a team player? 

Because Cam couldn't be much less of a team player.

And I like Cam.  But, like many highly accomplished athletes, he is very wrapped up in himself.

Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

Because Cam couldn't be much less of a team player.

And I like Cam.  But, like many highly accomplished athletes, he is very wrapped up in himself.

This is a prime example of what I’m talking about. What are you basing this on? You win a VIP trip to the panthers locker room for a week and experienced how selfish and a ****ty teammate he was? Oh I know, maybe it’s bc he worse a towel over his head as rookie! Cams teammates have constantly backed him him as a great teammate and leader and have done so even now when there’s no “need to kiss his a**” 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cam first suffered a shoulder injury when KB gave up on a route, didn’t tackle the guy who picked the ball off, then cam chased the DB down and landed awkwardly on his shoulder. But yes, cam “couldn’t be less of a team player” 

You clearly aren’t immersed with The panthers or cam, yet bc you watched media segments from tv personalities feel qualified to speak on the subject. 

You know who couldn’t be a worse teammate? Big Ben. Comes right out and says fk mason rudolph. Meanwhile cam mentors Kyle Allen who was essentially in an internship to steal his job. Everything people say about cam is actually true of Ben but no one cares bc he’s got 2 rings. Cams 31 and has an injury prone label, Ben is 85, in much worse shape, and according to the media has never been injured and ready to take the Steelers back to the promised land! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cam is overrated. Without his legs, he is a below avg QB. With recent shoulder injuries, I am sure he less inclined to run the ball.

Same as the Keap argument, media hypes them up to be much better than they are. Given the circus and below avg throwing skills, I am not surprised they are both FAs. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

This is a prime example of what I’m talking about. What are you basing this on? You win a VIP trip to the panthers locker room for a week and experienced how selfish and a ****ty teammate he was? Oh I know, maybe it’s bc he worse a towel over his head as rookie! Cams teammates have constantly backed him him as a great teammate and leader and have done so even now when there’s no “need to kiss his a**” 

B4h9NKwCAAAW0EL.jpg

Could you please stop derailing the discussion? We know you like Cam. We even understand that. We even agree (some of us anyway).

Now, let's move on and discuss where he might end up.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Yes that's correct, I have never been in the Panthers locker room.  I am making inferences based on statements and actions available to the public.

Can you conceive of Tom Brady or Drew Brees filming themselves in black and white, while drinking red wine and smoking a cigar, and "explaining themselves" for 30 minutes?

54 minutes ago, ChiSox1390 said:

Cam is overrated. Without his legs, he is a below avg QB. With recent shoulder injuries, I am sure he less inclined to run the ball.

Same as the Keap argument, media hypes them up to be much better than they are. Given the circus and below avg throwing skills, I am not surprised they are both FAs. 

I agree with this.  Also, in the case of both Kaep and Cam, an offense would have to be tailored to their strengths to a greater extent than with most other playing styles.  So a team kind of has to go all in with these two, or just steer clear.

4 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

No he had a foot problem and couldn’t step into any of his throws. He threw the ball fine all TC 

He’s been below average throwing the ball his entire career.

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Yes that's correct, I have never been in the Panthers locker room.  I am making inferences based on statements and actions available to the public.

Can you conceive of Tom Brady or Drew Brees filming themselves in black and white, while drinking red wine and smoking a cigar, and "explaining themselves" for 30 minutes?

I don’t see what was selfish about cams videos. Most athletes smoke and drink, but bc cam did so on camera it’s selfish? I don’t follow that logic. Brady has a new documentary coming out, that’s selfish? 

4 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

B4h9NKwCAAAW0EL.jpg

Could you please stop derailing the discussion? We know you like Cam. We even understand that. We even agree (some of us anyway).

Now, let's move on and discuss where he might end up.

I am angry lol. The dudes been blackballed by the media since he entered the league. Every year there’s some new double standard for him. 

There’s nothing to discuss atm in regards to where he ends up. Everything out rn is just a rumor. Oh the pats don’t want him, well maybe they do! No one knows. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Come on man you have got to be kidding me here?  What did Cam do here?  Kneel in front of the flag while he was filming himself?

I thought you're posts on here were suspicious in how you've put Cam under a microscope in a semi-bad light due to his injury. 

Now we all see you just don't like the guy because you've went and made it personal. 

Edited by theSPANKER