dashoe

Cam Newton 2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Yes that's correct, I have never been in the Panthers locker room.  I am making inferences based on statements and actions available to the public.

Can you conceive of Tom Brady or Drew Brees filming themselves in black and white, while drinking red wine and smoking a cigar, and "explaining themselves" for 30 minutes?

Brady?  Sure.

Only it would be a TB12-diet-compatible cigar.

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BMcP said:

Brady?  Sure.

Only it would be a TB12-diet-compatible cigar.

Yeah bad example.  Brady is at least as big of an egomaniac.

As stated, I like Cam.  I hope he signs somewhere.  I would love to see it.

But it seems that no NFL team wants him.  At least right now.  Will that change?  I do not know.  But I would not be surprised if it does not.

Don’t know what to say at this point. Jets just signed washed up Joe Flacco. He’s reportedly out until early September due to neck surgery.

Jets weren’t a good option for Cam anyway but it’s just baffling that Flacco has been signed when he’s recovering from a recent major surgery. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Gmen07 said:

Don’t know what to say at this point. Jets just signed washed up Joe Flacco. He’s reportedly out until early September due to neck surgery.

Jets weren’t a good option for Cam anyway but it’s just baffling that Flacco has been signed when he’s recovering from a recent major surgery. 

Flacco is clearly a backup though.

On 5/21/2020 at 3:07 PM, Panthers8912 said:

I don’t see what was selfish about cams videos. Most athletes smoke and drink, but bc cam did so on camera it’s selfish? I don’t follow that logic. Brady has a new documentary coming out, that’s selfish? 

Why wouldnt brady have a documentary? The dude is probably going down as the best QB of all time and Cam cant even get a backup QB gig.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Is there Atleast a way to mute or hide topics? The baiting here is ridiculous 

I know man....and I take the bait every time by coming into this thread.

But I won't hide or mute.  Many times it's in the best interest of the player being discussed to make sure both sides of the coin are discussed.   

I've come to the conclusion that given teams' lack of ability to test the foot, plus the relative divisiveness of the way he dresses and the fact that a healthy Cam Newton would be very expensive has made teams shy away, because there is no way you can tell me that that he's a worse bet than Joe Flacco, skills wise, without even mentioning the Mitch Trubiskys, Sam Darnolds, or Jared Stidhams of the world.

1 hour ago, Panthers8912 said:

Is there Atleast a way to mute or hide topics? The baiting here is ridiculous 

Here is a crazy idea:

Just don't click on the thread.

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Here is a crazy idea:

Just don't click on the thread.

I have to agree with this. Part of the fun on this forum is a decent amount of trolling and ribbing. That goes for all the teams and players, especially the good ones. Nobody is disrespecting the Chargers here because it's just too easy.

You should start worrying once there's no baiting anymore - the ultimate disrespect to Cam will be when people stop disrespecting him.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 3

Just another washed up QB for Belichick to make look good. 

Was wondering who the Pats were going to go for. This is going to be interesting. 

• Like 1

Great landing spot for Cam. I was starting to worry that no one would sign him before the start of the season.

• Thanks 1

Very happy to eat my words.

Let's GOOOOOOOOO!!!!

On 3/17/2020 at 12:08 PM, JE7HorseGod said:

Given how much the Pats loved running those QB sneaks with Brady...

I'm just throwing it out there. 

BLIND SQUIRREL FINDS NUT.

I shall now receive your accolades.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Already reading quick takes all over about how they'll run him into the ground for a year, and why not?   He can win here for sure, and just needs to be healthy enough at the end of it to land some guarantees, even if he breaks down mid-contract.    

• Like 1

Any terms released?  All I can see is "incentive laden".  In any case, Cam's got to be thrilled to be landing in Foxboro.  Jarret Stidham and Brian Hoyer are the only stooges standing in his way of the starting role.  Washington wouldn't have given up on Haskins so soon and I don't see a Rivera reunion happening.  Chicago already signed Foles to beat out Trashbisky.  So he didn't really have a lot of options unless he was going to wait for injury.

From a fantasy perspective, I'm gonna keep glued to how the TE battle is shaping up.

I'm never usually one to take rookie TEs but Asiasi could be worth monitoring at least.

As for Cam himself, I think you could do worse than taking a late round flyer and seeing how this shakes out assuming he beats out Stidham.

Man oh man, it’s risky. But Cam would be so fun to own in fantasy this year 

3 minutes ago, Breesus said:

Man oh man, it’s risky. But Cam would be so fun to own in fantasy this year 

He’d be an interesting guy to take in the last few rounds if you already drafted a sure fire QB earlier on.

I’m not a fan of drafting two QBs but he has a nice ceiling for sure. Could be nice trade bait or something. There’s zero chance I’m drafting him as my QB1 though. 

4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

He’d be an interesting guy to take in the last few rounds if you already drafted a sure fire QB earlier on.

I’m not a fan of drafting two QBs but he has a nice ceiling for sure. Could be nice trade bait or something. There’s zero chance I’m drafting him as my QB1 though. 

I don’t have much faith in him either. But I believe by draft days somebody will bite on him as their QB1. The media hype on him will be a lot

2 minutes ago, Breesus said:

I don’t have much faith in him either. But I believe by draft days somebody will bite on him as their QB1. The media hype on him will be a lot

I don't think so in standard 10 and 12 teamers.

Lamar

Mahomes

Prescott

Wilson

Murray

Watson

Allen

Ryan

Wentz

Brees

Brady

Rodgers

You think he goes in front of those guys?

• Like 1