Rotoworld.com Forums

Marlon Mack 2020 Outlook

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What are you trying to say here? You will own him or you won't own him?

hmmm I think you may be lost bro.... this is the MACK HYPE THREAD.  Mack is about to be the d*mn steal of the draft. He's bout to beast. JT is gonna fumble 3 times vs the Jags and hit the be

https://horseshoeheroes.com/2020/08/29/colts-chris-ballard-blasts-former-nfl-gm-criticism-marlon-mack/ “Let me say this, watch the freakin’ tape. You can’t tweet on things if you are not…that’s w

• 2 weeks later...

Very intrigued by Mack this year. The oline plus Rivers puts him in a good spot. He had 247 carries last year and 14 receptions in 14 games. If he can stay healthy (play 16) and get 25-30 more receptions, he could have a huge year. 

I noticed his college target share was 10.9%. I’m not really familiar with his college career though. Also had 29 receptions his rookie year. 

College receptions- 21,16, 28

It’s going to be interesting. Hines had 44 receptions last year on 58 targets. He’s still going to be heavily involved and I’d imagine Paris Campbell gets a lot of short, quick passes as well.

Indy qbs threw 91 passes to rbs last year. Chargers qbs threw 182 passes. There should be a lot of opportunities for the running backs this year in Indy. If Rivers does the same in Indy, there’s no way Mack doesn’t get a big bump in targets.

Sign me up! (As long as they don’t draft someone else early). Hines should have a good year in ppr as well.

DND in full ppr league for me. I would rather have Eckler light in Hines 8 rounds later who will also give you some cheap return points.

Sure he MIGHT get more targets, but hines pretty much has the 3rd down role/hurry up role locked up. I am not risking a 3rd banking on the fact that he might get more targets just because rivers is there. Now if hes there in the 5 yeah I'll bite. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Keep the faith . I still believe in Marlon this year. The Colts will use him exclusively him until he breaks. 

JTaylor pass blocking and fumble issues will hold him back., unless a Mack injury happens. 

They don’t use him “exclusively” now....

3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Keep the faith . I still believe in Marlon this year. The Colts will use him exclusively him until he breaks. 

JTaylor pass blocking and fumble issues will hold him back., unless a Mack injury happens. 

Then you should buy low in dynasty leagues. I wouldn’t recommend it, though.

9 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Mack owners better pray JT has fumble issues.  

Otherwise it’s looking like partial usage and a trade after 2020 for Mack.  

No need to trade him. Mack is a FA after 2020. 

1 hour ago, Sivaro said:

Marlon Mack was in a great position before the Draft.   Now, he seems to be this years Carlos Hyde.

you mean the same carlos hyde whose 2019 ADP was in rounds 8-9? the guy who ran for 1070 yards and 6 TDs averaging 4.4 yards per carry?

mack should be so lucky with jonathan taylor pushing him for carries.

UntidyBestIcterinewarbler-size_restricte

Edited by Sack Exchange
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Sack Exchange said:

you mean the same carlos hyde whose 2019 ADP was in rounds 8-9? the guy who ran for 1070 yards and 6 TDs averaging 4.4 yards per carry?

Not bad numbers, but not someone to draft as your RB1

Carlos Hyde is still a FA too.   He should land somewhere, hopefully the Seahawks.

12 hours ago, Sack Exchange said:

Surely there's a better highlight of Taylor than a simple cut-back, finding a crease, and running through guys who can't tackle against Florida Atlantic. Lol. :D 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Surely there's a better highlight of Taylor than a simple cut-back, finding a crease, and running through guys who can't tackle against Florida Atlantic. Lol. :D 

who has time to sort through all of JT’s brilliance?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

@Flyman75 if you have 10 minutes...this is one of my fave devy watches 

JT and Dobbins showcase their skills vs top competition.   Both had monster games.  

Taylor definitely looked better in the B10 Championship than he did in Oct against OSU.  Good sign that he's a smart guy who adjusts well.

6 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Taylor definitely looked better in the B10 Championship than he did in Oct against OSU.  Good sign that he's a smart guy who adjusts well.

Watch his run 5:26 in.  Subtle shake and balance...plus the power and speed to take it to the next level.    Nick Chubb is a great comp IMO

Edited by Impreza178