Sign in to follow this  
JE7HorseGod

Marlon Mack 2020 Outlook

10 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Watch his run 5:26 in.  Subtle shake and balance...plus the power and speed to take it to the next level.    Nick Chubb is a great comp IMO

He's a special player, no doubt.

Like Melvin before him, he needs to get more involved in the passing game and tamp down the fumbles a bit.  But quite a lot to like.

25 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

who has time to sort through all of JT’s brilliance?

When I think of a Wisconsin RB  my first thought Monte Ball or Ron Daye. Who is he

3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

When I think of a Wisconsin RB  my first thought Monte Ball or Ron Daye. Who is he

Closer to MGIII than those two.

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Nobody a pats fan needs to draft 👀 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

Surely there's a better highlight of Taylor than a simple cut-back, finding a crease, and running through guys who can't tackle against Florida Atlantic. Lol. :D 

🙃 because we’re both LSU fans, let’s consider:

the florida atlantic owls were only 7 spots behind LSU last year in defensive ranking at season’s end…

LSU gave up an average of 21.9 points per game, FAU 22.7.

LSU surrendered 3.8 ypc, FAU 3.9, and both schools permitted an average of 1.2 rushing TDs per game.

so, i stand by my gif enough to re-post! plus, it’s that burst and hitting the end zone 10 yards ahead of defenders i love so much.

UntidyBestIcterinewarbler-size_restricte

5ea38835c6e38.image.jpg?resize=400,266

4 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

the florida atlantic owls were only 7 spots behind LSU last year in defensive ranking at season’s end…

LSU surrendered 3.8 ypc, FAU 3.9, and both schools permitted an average of 1.2 rushing TDs per game.

so, i stand by my gif enough to re-post! plus, it’s that burst and hitting the end zone 10 yards ahead of defenders i love so much.

LSU's schedule may have been a smidge better.

• Haha 1

Back to Mack. Was going to be a target of mine probably in the fourth round but now I won’t touch him. Hines gets the catches and now the rook will be competing as well. What a shame. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2020 at 10:18 AM, Sack Exchange said:

One plays in the SEC and the other plays in the Conference USA

Also this game might be from 2018 because I don't see Wisconsin on FAU's schedule from last year? In 2018 FAU was 92nd in overall defense, and 87th in rush defense.

Edited by Fort4242
  • Haha 1

Mack is a fairly talented and above average back in a good situation.

The problem is teams don’t just draft RBs high for no reason. Colts already have a designated 3rd down back and Taylor is probably a more talented back.

Even if Taylor doesn’t play at all due to injury or for some reason being a total flop (HIGHLY doubt it) Mack doesn’t have a massive ceiling because he is a two down back. It’s really hard to find a value for him because of that.

Now that i think about it. Mack is a steal at his ADP. Sure hes a free agent in 2021... Theyll just let him walk or trade him mid season. He had 1000+ yards last year with 8 tds while only playing 14 games and 900 yards and 9 tds the previous season in 12 games.... if he played out the seasons both years he'd surely have over 1000+ yards each season and 10+ tds each season... and he's only 23. Why would they just sit him for jonathan tyler.. when they could maximize his output and trade him for value. 

7 hours ago, stickman786 said:

Why would they just sit him for jonathan tyler..

Because Jonathan "Tyler" is a much more talented RB

7 hours ago, stickman786 said:

when they could maximize his output and trade him for value. 

Because nobody is lining up to trade anything for the opportunity to overpay a mediocre RB

• Like 1

Mack currently going 100+ overall- obviously Taylor has more talent between the two. Would a fair projection of touches here be 50% to Taylor, 35% to Mack, 15% Hines? If so, you'd have to think Mack offers flex value. Tough to gauge. Zero clear path to consistent carries to the RBs going in this tier (RoJo, Cohen, Breida, Mattison, Coleman, Howard, Mack)..  

I hope that Taylor takes over by week 5 at the latest for the sake of my fantasy team.  Hopefully Mack is just average so there won't be a committee.

[Full Disclosure: bias multi-year-owner/believer in Mack]

Coming off the first 1000 yard Colts rusher in years, combined with reports out of camp and quotes from the staff like, Mack/Taylor being a "1-1 Punch", I'm of the belief that Mack will be involved more than most think...playing for a team that likes to run behind the best OLine in the NFL. (Prediction: Best Rushing Team in the NFL)

Undervalued at his ADP of 107.

Despite 1st Rounder Taylor.

(Decent Flex/Bye Week Filler, with potential for more)

• Like 4

I'm a big believer in Mack - always a team first guy.  He's definitely being undervalued at his ADP, and it's not like the coaching staff forgot about him.  These videos still fire me up.

• Like 2

It was impressive to watch both Mack and his offensive line.  

He seems to have good patience, vision and speed to use the blocks and hit the right holes. Had a lot of nice spin moves too.  Seems to be able to catch the ball. Can he pass block?

I'm not sure what to make of Taylor/Mack usage with no preseason.  With that offensive line, both could be valuable this year.

Mack will end up being one of the biggest RB steals of the draft this year. Personally I think Taylor is highly overrated. Taylor had 18 fumbles in 41 games (that's one fumble for every 54 carries!!), only caught 16 passes his first two seasons and is a poor pass blocker, a skill that takes the longest to develop. I'm not saying Taylor won't turn out to be a good NFL running back, but for THIS year, a lot of people are going to be highly disappointed for where he's being drafted. History has shown that fumbling, especially at that rate, is a pretty tough trend to buck at the next level. If he puts the ball on the ground, JT will be toast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, I'm in. 

I never had Mack as a target and obviously liked Taylor a lot more... but Taylor went at pick 39, tail end of Round 4, too rich for my blood. I guess everybody thinks Mack is done, since I got him at 113 overall, which I think is great value. It's not that hard to imagine Mack being the lead back at some point in the season if Taylor isn't as reliable as projected. GO MACK!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Ok, I'm in. 

I never had Mack as a target and obviously liked Taylor a lot more... but Taylor went at pick 39, tail end of Round 4, too rich for my blood. I guess everybody thinks Mack is done, since I got him at 113 overall, which I think is great value. It's not that hard to imagine Mack being the lead back at some point in the season if Taylor isn't as reliable as projected. GO MACK!

Cheers, got him at 114 myself. (Non PPR though so a little better value for the arguments I will make below)

Imagine paying up a 4th rounder for Taylor when you can get mack in the 10th. Couldn't be me...

In fact, Taylor is one of my least favorite picks in the draft this year at his adp. Going the same spot David Montgomery went last year but Dmont was already labeled the starter and had virtually no competition! Taylor should be going 30 spots lower. Not to mention, Dmont didn't quite end up the best pick last year... (no I am not comparing Dmont's talent to Taylor's but nobody know's how good rookie RB's will be so you have to factor in the uncertainty)

Mack wasn't really a prospect I was eyeing but at his current ADP he has turned into one of the prospects I am most eyeing. What's going to happen is Mack starting the season with Taylor getting 7-10 carries a game himself, if Taylor pops off he will get more into a full 50/50 time share maybeeee 60/40 if he really looked legit. Mack is too good to completely lose PT and as long as he is healthy he wont be getting under 12 touches a game at very minimum - doesn't matter how good Taylor becomes.

I don't expect huge numbers from Mack this year but if he stays healthy he will easily outproduce his adp and at the end of the day thats what it's about. Finesse your team with trades/waivers after gathering the most value from the draft.

Not to mention, Colts have one of the best OL in football and will be running heavily this year. Dude is literally as safe of a 10th round pick as they come.

• Like 4

https://horseshoeheroes.com/2020/08/29/colts-chris-ballard-blasts-former-nfl-gm-criticism-marlon-mack/

“Let me say this, watch the freakin’ tape. You can’t tweet on things if you are not…that’s why I don’t listen to any of that crap. Now, somebody that watches games and watches the tape, he’s got a voice. But how can you say that? Marlon Mack was freakin’ unbelievable. Did he not watch the freakin’ Sunday Night game against Kansas City? I almost cussed on radio. Stupidity on Twitter is at an all-time high right now. Marlon Mack has two 1,000-yard seasons and Marlon Mack is a hell of a player. And then he has a broken hand and misses some games and comes back and plays with a broken hand. Off season, my a**.”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Super undervalued.

Default ranking in ESPN is 130.

Easy pick here and potential flex+ value. Even if it's for a few weeks who cares. If Mack gets you out to a 3-1 or 4-1 record you have leverage.

• Like 1

My opponent this week drafted and is starting Taylor against the Jags. He drafted him at 37, 4.01. 

I got Mack at 78, 7.06. So I hope that Mack gets the majority of the work against a suspect defense.  

Maybe Indy can get off to a early lead and go run heavy to milk the clock. 

But if it is a blowout, I'm worried that Taylor will get a lot of backfield time and Mack will be watching from the sidelines.

Has there been any news about Taylor usurping Mack? I don't get it. Mack has been fine the past couple years. It's not like he has shown to be some unelusive plodder. 

15 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Has there been any news about Taylor usurping Mack? I don't get it. Mack has been fine the past couple years. It's not like he has shown to be some unelusive plodder. 

Not sure and I don't own any shares of either so this is a completely unbiased opinion - Taylor is just more talented. I'm trying to acquire Taylor before he clearly takes over the backfield and vaults up the rankings.