Sign in to follow this  
JE7HorseGod

Marlon Mack 2020 Outlook

I owned Mack last 2yrs, he’s done well when “healthy” behind an elite Oline but to hot or cold for my taste. Problem is he always gets hurt and isn’t dependable, he was on my DND list. Glad I reached for J Taylor in all my leagues. He’s fantasy gold at this point behind that Oline.

• Like 2

Mack was a very good sport. That's gotta earn him a committee job somewhere next year

Confirmed torn Achilles, awful news for a player in a contract year. Hopefully he bounces back and lands somewhere next year. 

worst possible time for him to get an injury like this. Lowers the ceiling for all his contracts moving forward. Worst type of injury to have

He dead.  The next running back to return from a ruptured achilles to be an effective RB in the NFL will be the first one.

Taylor owner in multiple leagues, but still feel bad for Mack.  Contract year, and seems like a real good dude.  

• Like 1

I feel really bad for him. NFL careers are so short, especially for RBs. He was on the verge of getting paid, now it'll be a long tough road back. I hope he makes it

For the record I said Taylor would sweep Mack aside this season, but I did not want Mack to get hurt.  I feel badly for the player.  I hope he can buck the odds and be the first one to overcome this particular injury.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MBarbarian said:

Good night, sweet prince.  Hope it's not too bad of a tear, he has a fast recovery then gets paid.

Ain't happening. This likely cost him $10M+. 

and this is why RBs fight so hard for those contracts but their shelf life is so low and teams are willing to replace them quickly

Sadder for the player than the RB4 of my squad... know it's a long shot, but i'm hoping he recovers well.

He def lost a lot of $ and really sucks for him. He's young enough that he can truly make a 100% recovery from this, so hopefully he's able to do that, kill it next year on a prove-it deal, then cash in.

Man, I know lots of people wanted JT to secure the role, but I think / hope no one wanted it to happen like this. I really hope Mack can beat the odds and make it back as a player, and if not, that he finds a fulfilling second career, whether it be coaching or whatever else. 

Going on a buy low in dynasty spree.

These other backs in Indy just aren’t good.