kmoore1521

Mike Evans 2020 Outlook

24 minutes ago, harck said:

Yeah I don't know what's up with deep balls going to Scotty Miller yesterday. I watched the whole game, but didn't really pay attention to Evans. Did he draw the shadow coverage from Jaire Alexander or something? I know King was out and he usually covers the big guys, so it makes no sense why they wouldn't target Evans more unless GB game-planned him out.

Jaire shadowed him all game. Still, you expect your WR1 to beat shadow coverage. They play the giants in 2 weeks and Bradberry has been shutting WRs down

2 minutes ago, Proto24 said:

Jaire shadowed him all game. Still, you expect your WR1 to beat shadow coverage. They play the giants in 2 weeks and Bradberry has been shutting WRs down

The trouble is as we learned in the Denver game, Brady just doesn't throw that way. Other QBs will force feed their best weapons through shadow coverage, Brady just throws to the open man and mismatches. 

This was a clear "Do Not Draft" guy at his ADP. Complete Boom/Bust without the same Boom as usual. Brady has never elevated the Mike Evans type WR. Never.

Tom Brady makes Mike Evans worse.

4 minutes ago, harck said:

The trouble is as we learned in the Denver game, Brady just doesn't throw that way. Other QBs will force feed their best weapons through shadow coverage, Brady just throws to the open man and mismatches. 

Brady is incapable of elevating the Mike Evans type WR.

"Type" = Big, lacks speed/agility, lacks separation, relies on contested catches outside the numbers.

Evans strengths as a WR simply did not align with Brady's strengths as a QB. Brady is an "over the middle to the quick shifty type WR" QB. That is not Mike Evans.

Anybody could have seen this coming.

Edited by PisEdiRin

Doesn't Evans also always draw the shadow CB? And doesn't he always bust in these cases?

For example, this past weekend he drew J. Alexander. Next week he'll probably draw Bradberry. The week after...Lattimore...two weeks later...Ramsey.

Guy feels like a WR2 now. And a volatile one at that.

Couple things here.

If you think Arians is going to just stand by and allow Mike Evans to be ignored in this offense, you haven't been paying attention. He already went on record stating how Mike Evans should be commanding at least ten targets per game. The following week, he blew up. They got the win. Evans got hurt. They were winning pretty handily yesterday. Mike is coming off a week where he was limited and missed a day of practice. They didn't need him. I know it was probably nothing, but Brady ran down after a touchdown to ANOTHER receiver and patted Mike Evans on the head as if to say "good job". I'm not saying he isn't costing me games. I expected more. But I'm not ready to jump the shark just yet. Something else is afoot. I'm holding until I see more. The rest of you can "drop city" if you'd like. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Couple things here.

If you think Arians is going to just stand by and allow Mike Evans to be ignored in this offense, you haven't been paying attention. He already went on record stating how Mike Evans should be commanding at least ten targets per game. The following week, he blew up. They got the win. Evans got hurt. They were winning pretty handily yesterday. Mike is coming off a week where he was limited and missed a day of practice. They didn't need him. I know it was probably nothing, but Brady ran down after a touchdown to ANOTHER receiver and patted Mike Evans on the head as if to say "good job". I'm not saying he isn't costing me games. I expected more. But I'm not ready to jump the shark just yet. Something else is afoot. I'm holding until I see more. The rest of you can "drop city" if you'd like. 

Tom Brady makes Mike Evans worse.

Literally. I'm serious.

3 games played with Chris Godwin:

Week 1: 2 yards

Week 3: 2 yards

Week 6: 10 yards

WOW! 

You can tell who did or didn’t watch the game by some of these comments. The Buccaneers defense and running game completely obliterated the Packers and there was absolutely nothing Green Bay could do to stop it. Tampa Bay was up by 21+ points for the entirety of the second half and there was no need to throw the ball, other than on 3rd downs. Belichick isn’t coaching Brady anymore, so the days of him slinging the ball downfield whilst up by four touchdowns in the 4th quarter are over with. This game was an outlier.

1 minute ago, Dislimb said:

You can tell who did or didn’t watch the game by some of these comments. The Buccaneers defense and running game completely obliterated the Packers and there was absolutely nothing Green Bay could do to stop it. Tampa Bay was up by 21+ points for the entirety of the second half and there was no need to throw the ball, other than on 3rd downs. Belichick isn’t coaching Brady anymore, so the days of him slinging the ball downfield whilst up by four touchdowns in the 4th quarter are over with. This game was an outlier.

Based on your analysis of the rest of season schedule for the Bucs, do you see them being in more closer games/games where they are down and need to pass?  

5 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Based on your analysis of the rest of season schedule for the Bucs, do you see them being in more closer games/games where they are down and need to pass?  

Absolutely. Even the best teams in the league are rarely up by 21+ points for the entire second half. Also, the first Buccaneers TD was a pick 6. Then the next TD was a 1 play, 2 yard drive after another long interception return. That’s not going to happen every week.

28 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

That's the problem (for Evans, not TB).

This is a better all around team. Better defense, smarter QB, solid running game.

Evans doesn't have Winston throwing to him down by 20 anymore after he threw 4 INTs in the first quarter.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cookiemonster said:

In the three games that Chris Godwin has played, Mike Evans has averaged fewer than 5 yards per game. 

No thank you. 

2 hours ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Top 5 wr ROS 

The dichotomy between these two posts shows how useless most of the posts in this forum are. Really just a source for injury updates because the opinions are so far varied, it's impossible to know which dart thrown hit the bullseye until afterwards.

Just now, Gootz said:

The dichotomy between these two posts shows how useless most of the posts in this forum are. Really just a source for injury updates because the opinions are so far varied, it's impossible to know which dart thrown hit the bullseye until afterwards.

One of them is wishful thinking, a dart throw in the dark. The other is factual. 

Take your pick. 

Yo, not gonna lie, I'm terrified of his role. There will be blow up games, but he's toeing the line of impossible to trust right now. I legitimately might bench him for Tyler Boyd next week, that's how scared I am.

2 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Yo, not gonna lie, I'm terrified of his role. There will be blow up games, but he's toeing the line of impossible to trust right now. I legitimately might bench him for Tyler Boyd next week, that's how scared I am.

I own Boyd as well. In some spots, I truly may consider but in all honesty, prob won’t. Idk how he gets 2 targets tho... ffs Alexander wasn’t that deep in him. But usually he gets goal line. Yea idk lol maybe I package him up

Just now, Zekepeak86 said:

I own Boyd as well. In some spots, I truly may consider but in all honesty, prob won’t. Idk how he gets 2 targets tho... ffs Alexander wasn’t that deep in him. But usually he gets goal line. Yea idk lol maybe I package him up

Forget about Boyd specifically, it's just about starting a WR2 with a nonzero floor. Mike Evans is liable to give you one catch any given week, there are plenty of guys I know are going go give me 4 or 5 catches who still have nice ceilings to boot. 

10 hours ago, cookiemonster said:

One of them is wishful thinking, a dart throw in the dark. The other is factual. 

Take your pick. 

So you think he's gonna keep putting up less than 5 receiving yards? Top 5 WR ROS is wishful thinking, but at least it has some basis in reality moving forward unlike your points in this thread. 

His ankle is not healthy. It limits his explosiveness. All he's doing is running routes. Until he's right, he's not going to be very effective unless he catches a lucky TD.

Edited by ponchsox

I'd classify him as a boom or bust WR1 right now. Based on the last few games, Gronk has a higher floor.

Edited by fachowski

Evans is Brady favorite red-zone target, and he's still the best WR on the team. Godwin is 1b.

Gronk is not a threat.

2 hours ago, Pooskay said:

Evans is Brady favorite red-zone target, and he's still the best WR on the team. Godwin is 1b.

Gronk is not a threat.

Wouldn't this be the ultimate buy low for Evans?

Trying to think what an equivalent RB would be for him to get away with murder.

1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

Wouldn't this be the ultimate buy low for Evans?

Trying to think what an equivalent RB would be for him to get away with murder.

[...]

I'm banking on Brady figuring it out. He's got a pretty damn talented received he can leverage. And I've got to think if TB is truly one of the best teams in the league, Evans is going to be a big part of it. Buy low.

Edited by tonycpsu
Completed trades go in AC