kmoore1521

Mike Evans 2020 Outlook

People really panicking this hard? That game Sunday looked like it was over in the 2nd quarter and the GB run defense couldn't stop Rojo if their lives depended on it.

Edited by sSektor

spacer.png

On 10/19/2020 at 12:02 PM, PisEdiRin said:

Brady is incapable of elevating the Mike Evans type WR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2020 at 10:41 AM, cookiemonster said:

In the three games that Chris Godwin has played, Mike Evans has averaged fewer than 5 yards per game. 

No thank you. 

12 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

So you think he's gonna keep putting up less than 5 receiving yards? Top 5 WR ROS is wishful thinking, but at least it has some basis in reality moving forward unlike your points in this thread. 

Maybe we have a different understanding of reality. All I did was state facts. I also said that top 5 WR ROS was wishful thinking based on those facts. You seem to agree with me, so I'm not really sure how my points are somehow not based in reality. 

He's a boom/bust option so far this year. Tampa Bay has been running the ball very well. Brady has not been targeting him in games that Godwin has played in. There are people in this thread that are just deciding that Godwin is the 1B to Evans 1A... based on what? What reality have we seen so far that supports that? Why don't you go police those hot takes with no facts to support them? 

To answer your question, I think he'll have more than 5 yards in most games the rest of the year. It's just a shocking statistic that illustrates how unreliable he is as a fantasy option right now. I believe in the talent, and I think he should get more opportunities in this offense based on that talent, but so far he is not getting them when Godwin is playing. If I can find someone in my league who thinks he'll be top 5 the rest of the way, I'll be happy to trade him for a player whose situation is more consistent. 

What do you think?

6 hours ago, AroundTheHorn said:

spacer.png

4.3 versus 4.5 speed....nope, Moss and Evans = different skill sets

2 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

4.3 versus 4.5 speed....nope, Moss and Evans = different skill sets

NFL records

• Most seasons of 1,000 yards receiving to begin a career - 6 (tied with Randy Moss)
  • Youngest player to reach 7,000 career receiving yards - (26 years, 81 days)
  • Youngest player to reach 6,000 career receiving yards - (25 years, 131 days)
  • Youngest player to have 5 seasons of 1,000 receiving yards - (25 years, 95 days)
  • Youngest player to have 6 seasons of 1,000 receiving yards - (26 years, 95 days)
  • Youngest player with 200 or more yards in a game - (21 years, 87 days)

Buccaneers franchise records

• Most receiving touchdowns in a season - 12 (2014, 2016)
  • Most receiving touchdowns by a rookie in a season - 12 (2014)
  • Most consecutive games with at least 1 touchdown reception - 5 (2020)
  • Most games of 100 yards receiving in a career - 25 (2014-present)
  • Most receiving yards per game in a career - 79.2 (2014-present)
  • Most consecutive 1,000 yard receiving seasons - 6 (2014-present)
  • Most seasons of 1,000 yards receiving - 6 (2014-present)
  • Most receiving touchdowns in a career - 52 (2014-present)
  • Most receiving yards in a career - 7,368 (2014-present)
  • Most receiving yards in a season - 1,524 (2018)
  • Most receptions in a career - 472 (2014-present)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I always figured Brady wouldn't be good for Evans' style of play. Brady doesn't take many chances and and has essentially made Evans peak Patriots Josh Gordon with a few more TDs sprinkled in. 

• Like 1

A lot of doom and gloom in here.

LV could be a nice cure for Evans. LV can be run on. While I'd expect R. Jones to have a big game, I could see this as the perfect opportunity for Brady to go play action and find Evans down the field.

This team has championship potential. To reach that potential, Arians and Brady will need to unlock Evans. 

No way Brady let's that opportunity for a 7th consecutive 1,000 yard season slip through the cracks. Evans will be fine. I tell you what. I will go out on a limb and make a deal. If Evans doesn't surpass 1,000 yards this season, I can never draft him again. Happy?

On 10/20/2020 at 1:54 PM, sSektor said:

People really panicking this hard? That game Sunday looked like it was over in the 2nd quarter and the GB run defense couldn't stop Rojo if their lives depended on it.

Three weeks (out of six)  of 10 yards or less from a second round pick I think allows for a bit of panic. You are not wasting a second round pick on a Mecole Hardman like player, but that is what we have here - someone you cannot commit to a starting position.

1 minute ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Well, gotta hurt Godwin more than Evans right? Lmao

i would say so, Evans has basically been used as a red zone target when everyone is at full strength, i don't see that changing much with or without Brown.  unless people are predicting Brown to take all the 10-15 yard passing to the house every time

AB to the Bucs caps Evans' target upside. It also opens up better looks and may raise his floor a bit. Overall this is bad news for Evans but not terrible and definitely not as bad as Godwin's outlook

1 hour ago, Jetdog16 said:

AB to the Bucs caps Evans' target upside. It also opens up better looks and may raise his floor a bit. Overall this is bad news for Evans but not terrible and definitely not as bad as Godwin's outlook

How does this help Evans at all? Brown will take away some of the deep balls and some of the red zone looks which is where Evans eats. Godwin is in the slot and will face the third best corner probably every game. Also Evans isn’t even fully healthy this year. If I had Evans I’d try to sell him ASAP.

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

How does this help Evans at all? Brown will take away some of the deep balls and some of the red zone looks which is where Evans eats. Godwin is in the slot and will face the third best corner probably every game. Also Evans isn’t even fully healthy this year. If I had Evans I’d try to sell him ASAP.

I said it hurts more than it helps.

It should open up a few additional open looks though. Opposing defenses would be smart to stick their best cover man on AB. I'd love to trade Evans btw.

Truth is this doesn't really help any of these 3 WRs. I see them all as inconsistent WR2's now, with 1 or 2 having the potential for big games each week, but we won't know which one. 

Mike Evan’s is a God. Will be the TE 1 ROS AB will take over the number 1 role

• Like 1

The defense is too good and they will not get in many shootouts. The way Brady plays now will make it very difficult for all to be more then inconsistent WR2. 

Edited by johnnyboy8102

With the addition of AB and his early year inconsistency it might be worth a buy low offer.  His target share might be slightly lower but the target quality should be the best he has ever seen.  Evan's is one of the best deep ball trackers in the league and now that he will see more single coverage he has a chance to make some big plays.   As the season progresses he will only get more comfortable with TB12.  

Curious how folks feel about owning both Evans and AB now.

[...]

I didn't draft Evans to be my #1 WR so I don't think the sky is going to fall on my WR corp.

I just love the TB playoff matchups: MN, @ATL, @DET. Honestly, that's such a juicy lineup I may start both of these guys during that stretch. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content

I think it all comes down to his health. He's obviously been hobbled with a couple things early in the year. If he can get fully healthy I'm not worried about him at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What we thinking this week?  I can’t help feel Evans takes 7 targets for 5/60/2 today. how do you think he compares against other mid tier wr2 such as boyd and Moore

Edited by Zekepeak86

52 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

What we thinking this week?  I can’t help feel Evans takes 7 targets for 5/60/2 today. how do you think he compares against other mid tier wr2 such as boyd and Moore

I ended up flexing him, but it was nearly a coin flip between him and Hockenson. Needless to say, I have no confidence I made the right call.

Can’t start this guy anymore especially with AB coming to town. What a bust.

• Thanks 1