kmoore1521

Mike Evans 2020 Outlook

Owning Evans is like having an incredibly hot wife but you keep feeding your side pieces who nasty.  Damn your loyalty Brady

well I am ready to drop, will hold till trade deadline, but that's it.

Edited by altmin
  • Haha 3

Do NOT trade or drop Mike Evans!!!! You heard it here first. Once Antonio Brown comes to town, he is going to FEAST!!!! Antonio Brown was NOT brought in because of Brady. He will draw a great deal of the attention away from BIG MIKE allowing him to return to elite status. Teams are going out of their way to double and blanket Evans. Brady is NOT forcing the issue. One AB comes in, teams will be forced to respect him. If you get off now, you will miss an EPIC run. Save this post. (October 25th, 2020 - right after a two catch 34 yard game where owners are leaping our of their virtual highrise windows)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Do NOT trade or drop Mike Evans!!!! You heard it here first. Once Antonio Brown comes to town, he is going to FEAST!!!! Antonio Brown was NOT brought in because of Brady. He will draw a great deal of the attention away from BIG MIKE allowing him to return to elite status. Teams are going out of their way to double and blanket Evans. Brady is NOT forcing the issue. One AB comes in, teams will be forced to respect him. If you get off now, you will miss an EPIC run. Save this post. (October 25th, 2020 - right after a two catch 34 yard game where owners are leaping our of their virtual highrise windows)

What about Godwin?

4 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Nope he's droppable in normal size redraft leagues. 

He might have some nice games, but his floor is so low, you just can't trust him. 

5 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Nope he's droppable in normal size redraft leagues. 

He might have some nice games, but his floor is so low, you just can't trust him. 

Most people won’t even pick him up 😂

Just now, cookiemonster said:

Most people won’t even pick him up 😂

He'll be picked up just because of name value, but let him be another manager's headache.

13 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

I like your optimism but I don't see how the arrival of AB helps Evans' outlook.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

I like your optimism but I don't see how the arrival of AB helps Evans' outlook.

That's because it doesn't.

Goodwin, Rojo, Gronk, Evans, Scotty, Fournette, AB.......fantasy headaches....nah I’m gd, 

I'm not sure if his first target was in the 3rd or the 4th.  And both receptions came in the 4th quarter IIRC.  Dude carried the team while hurt and everyone out.  Him healthy and he gets a few charity throws late.

Tampa Bay Receiving
  REC YDS AVG TD LONG TGTS
Scotty Miller 6 109 18.2 1 35 9
Chris Godwin 9 88 9.8 1 23 9
Rob Gronkowski 5 62 12.4 1 26 8
Leonard Fournette 6 47 7.8 0 13 7
Mike Evans 2 37 18.5 0 22 2
Tanner Hudson 1 12 12.0 0 12 1
Cameron Brate 1 8 8.0 0 8 1
Tyler Johnson 2 4 2.0 1 3 2
Ronald Jones II 1 2 2.0 0 2 2
TEAM 33 369 11.2 4 35 41

4 hours ago, Sternes said:
I'm not sure if his first target was in the 3rd or the 4th.  And both receptions came in the 4th quarter IIRC.  Dude carried the team while hurt and everyone out.  Him healthy and he gets a few charity throws late.

Tampa Bay Receiving
  REC YDS AVG TD LONG TGTS
Scotty Miller 6 109 18.2 1 35 9
Chris Godwin 9 88 9.8 1 23 9
Rob Gronkowski 5 62 12.4 1 26 8
Leonard Fournette 6 47 7.8 0 13 7
Mike Evans 2 37 18.5 0 22 2
Tanner Hudson 1 12 12.0 0 12 1
Cameron Brate 1 8 8.0 0 8 1
Tyler Johnson 2 4 2.0 1 3 2
Ronald Jones II 1 2 2.0 0 2 2
TEAM 33 369 11.2 4 35 41

If I'm ranking WRs ROS, I don't think Evans makes the top 50.

He's fantasy irrelevant. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

If I'm ranking WRs ROS, I don't think Evans makes the top 50.

He's fantasy irrelevant. 

Totally ridiculous thought but can't blame ya for being mad at the guy. 

Mike Evans is very good at catching footballs. He's still not 100 percent healthy and Brady spreads it around so WR1 is a long dead dream -- but not cracking the top 50 is a clown take. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

Mike Evans is very good at catching footballs. He's still not 100 percent healthy and Brady spreads it around so WR1 is a long dead dream -- but not cracking the top 50 is a clown take. 

Well a WR 3 is inside the top 36 and a WR4 is inside the top 48 so he's not far off from that. He's a boom or bust WR3 right now and there are likely better options on your team or the ww as a WR3 with a higher floor.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Well a WR 3 is inside the top 36 and a WR4 is inside the top 48 so he's not far off from that. He's a boom or bust WR3 right now and there are likely better options on your team or the ww as a WR3 with a higher floor.

He's going to finish the season well within the top 50 but even having to write that out is depressing 

5 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

He's getting 3 targets a game with everyone healthy. Now AB is added to the mix. He's going to be the number six option in the passing game, at best.

It's not about how many points he ends up scoring at the end of the year, it's about how confident you are starting him week to week. 

Right now, I'd rather start guys like Nelson Agholor, Darnell Mooney, Rashard Higgins... Evans is in the range of guys like Josh Reynolds and David Moore. Just complete desperation dart throws.

Just now, ajs723 said:

He's getting 3 targets a game with everyone healthy. Now AB is added to the mix. He's going to be the number six option in the passing game, at best.

It's not about how many points he ends up scoring at the end of the year, it's about how confident you are starting him week to week. 

Right now, I'd rather start guys like Nelson Agholor, Darnell Mooney, Rashard Higgins... Evans is in the range of guys like Josh Reynolds and David Moore. Just complete desperation dart throws.

If you wanna say he's in that tier until he gets healthy and proves it i'm right there with you.

For you to not even mention his injury and say he will be in that tier for the ROS? That's straight up lunacy. I have nothing else to say.

4 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

If you wanna say he's in that tier until he gets healthy and proves it i'm right there with you.

For you to not even mention his injury and say he will be in that tier for the ROS? That's straight up lunacy. I have nothing else to say.

I hope you're right, but don't think it's about the injury. I think it's his role. No one is 100%. Godwin and Miller are banged up and they got 18 targets. Evans got 2.