kmoore1521

Mike Evans 2020 Outlook

8 hours ago, ajs723 said:

I hope you're right, but don't think it's about the injury. I think it's his role. No one is 100%. Godwin and Miller are banged up and they got 18 targets. Evans got 2.

I read today that Evans should be down for 5 targets but Brady was so errant on 3 of his throws to him that they aren't even considered targets. He did clearly win and should have scored a TD. None of this is going to make anyone feel better though. Those 2 just don't have it as of now. You can tell Evans isn't happy about it as well.

8 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I read today that Evans should be down for 5 targets but Brady was so errant on 3 of his throws to him that they aren't even considered targets. He did clearly win and should have scored a TD. None of this is going to make anyone feel better though. Those 2 just don't have it as of now. You can tell Evans isn't happy about it as well.

He also drew a holding call on a double move that he absolutely roasted the corner. Would’ve been an easy 50 yard touchdown. 

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

He also drew a holding call on a double move that he absolutely roasted the corner. Would’ve been an easy 50 yard touchdown. 

I want to think Evans will get better but I don't know. I'm not sure if he's a reciever who's going to age well with how things are going. He is kind of reminding me of Dez in all honesty. He continues to get less yards of separation with each passing season. There's just red flags everywhere with him. I'm just writing this year off if he doesn't turn it around as an injury/chemistry thing. If he's a good lower risk value next year I will be into taking the shot. If he gets a pass next year and is still fairly high in ADP it's a pass. I hope he can get back to dominating.

26 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

But you can't live on a few targets and hope that one of them goes for a 50 yard TD to salvage his day. Evans is a player who should be getting 8 targets per game. He won't. That's not even in the range of outcomes. He'll have some games where he gets 8 targets or more, but most games he's going to get only a few. He's impossible to trust as anything more than a dart throw.

10 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:
  •  

Great!  80% Evans is worse than 40% Evans after he looked like he ruined his ankle a few weeks back.  Then comes back and gets fed while getting his best yardage total of the year.  Then guts it out vs the Bears 4 days later and gets 9 targets.  Now, over 2 weeks later 80% Evans is the last guy to get the ball in the game while they busily suck off everyone else on the roster.

5 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Great!  80% Evans is worse than 40% Evans after he looked like he ruined his ankle a few weeks back.  Then comes back and gets fed while getting his best yardage total of the year.  Then guts it out vs the Bears 4 days later and gets 9 targets.  Now, over 2 weeks later 80% Evans is the last guy to get the ball in the game while they busily suck off everyone else on the roster.

Evans got doubled quite a bit yesterday especially in the redzone.

7 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Evans got doubled quite a bit yesterday especially in the redzone.

He didn't get a target until the 4th quarter.  If the guy is a key component in the offense you can throw the dude a bone with a little bubble screen or a slant route.  Evans getting double teamed is nothing new in his career.  Arians mentioned he got double teamed last week.  I expected him to get Evans involved after he admitted that.

https://www.joebucsfan.com/2020/10/bruce-arians-this-was-one-of-those-double-mike-games-again/

This evening, Bucco Bruce Arians sounded like he shook his head a bit while talking about Evans’ day against the Packers. “This was one of those double-Mike games again,” Arians said on a Buccaneers.com live stream. Combine that with Evans not playing at 100 percent because of his ankle, and it’s a recipe for Tom Brady to take what the double-team affords him.  “Defensively, if you’re going to rotate to Mike, you’re usually leaving the middle of the field open,” said Arians, before praising Brady for working the crossing routes and the middle of the field.

Tom Brady threw it 27 times last week for 166 yards.  Defense got out ahead, big run day, whatever, you can write it off.  This week was a competitive game until late, Brady throws it 45 times, for 369, and Evans gets the same amount of targets and a whole 27 yards more.  From the same article this was Evans pace BEFORE yesterday's game:

Joe also suspects that when Evans is completely healthy, the Bucs will do a little more to ensure he hits that 1,000-yard mark for the seventh consecutive season, which would set an NFL record. Evans is currently on pace for 749 yards.

3 of his 5 worst yardage games of his career have been in 2020.  He has never had a worse back-to-back pair of games in his career.  I think Evans is a great player but this whole is not only baffling, but unsettling.

Watched most of this game.

Would eye Evans where ever he lined up and then would watch Brady once the ball was snapped to see if Evans was even a first or second read.

Zippo.

Unstartable right now.

I'm actually excited to start AJ Green over him this week.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Joe also suspects that when Evans is completely healthy, the Bucs will do a little more to ensure he hits that 1,000-yard mark for the seventh consecutive season, which would set an NFL record. Evans is currently on pace for 749 yards.

That would be an NFL record to start a season career. Jerry Rice has the most consecutive 1,000 yard seasons at 11.

Edited by Silent-Trader

1 minute ago, Silent-Trader said:

That would be an NFL record to start a season. Jerry Rice has the most consecutive 1,000 yard seasons at 11.

7th straight season to start a career. 

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

7th straight season to start a career. 

:lol: Good catch, that would be a hell of record in one season. 

Evans finally catches a break.

Edited by ponchsox
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Sucks he has a matchup with Bradberry this week. Hopefully he can use his size and give me a vintage 2/2/2 line. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Maybe we can get a nice 10 target parting gift before there are 12 options to throw too Week 10. 

Edited by johnnyboy8102

8 minutes ago, sSektor said:

And suddenly he's a great start again.

Crazy how fast things happen in the world of fantasy. 

If he puts up a good game vs. NYG, it might be a good sell-high moment. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

If he puts up a good game vs. NYG, it might be a good sell-high moment. 

I wonder if it's not sell time right now! If you shop him next week, everyone knows AB and Godwin are coming. If you sell this week, you can sell on the opportunity for a blow up spot this week. If you can get a reliable WR2 for the ROS in exchange for Evans before Sunday, it would probably be wise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I wonder if it's not sell time right now! If you shop him next week, everyone knows AB and Godwin are coming. If you sell this week, you can sell on the opportunity for a blow up spot this week. If you can get a reliable WR2 for the ROS in exchange for Evans before Sunday, it would probably be wise.

Bingo

• Like 1

Mike Evans is still injured. He might be able to get some extra targets with Godwin out, but the production is going to be mediocre if he's gimpy and can't separate. The past few weeks he's been used mostly as a blocker and decoy. Not sure he cracks my top 20 this week but still a compelling play thanks to TD/blow up potential. 

2 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

QUICK EVERYONE GET IN HERE GODWIN FRACTURED FINGER WE BACK 

this whiplash ride sucks

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ponchsox said:

hasn't had an opportunity to catch much else.

55 minutes ago, altmin said:

this whiplash ride sucks

I have a love/hate relationship with Evans.  I was working to trade him for Marquise Brown and a draft pick.  I guess I'll hold off a little longer :( 

Godwin being out doesnt necessarily help Evans every time. I know that doesnt seem like a true statement after this past week. But it just means one less talented offensive piece for defenses to account for. Especially with a matchup against Bradberry, the same corner who performed pretty well against him as a DB on Carolina. I'm not sure why so many are knee-jerking positively to Godwin being out. I'm tempering expectations with the Bradberry matchup and no Godwin. If AB plays I could see him having a decent day to be honest. All of this being said as an Evans owner with no other shares of this Bucs offense.