Mike Evans 2020 Outlook

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

QUICK EVERYONE GET IN HERE GODWIN FRACTURED FINGER WE BACK 

.....and Evans murdered him. 1)  Evans gets past the initial contact and gets open for a catch. 2) Evans burns him bad. Brady underthrows Evans.  Even the announcers say, "Well Bradberry was

You can’t question his toughness. He’s a warrior out there.

Posted Images

Pleasantly surprised.

Evans got tons of targets and more importantly, was targeted RELENTLESSLY in the redzone. Evans should have had a monster game, but Brady misfired high on at least two redzone shots.

Not sure Evans will return to the "Winston days" but all these WR options may be creating a situation where Evans' floor rises a bit because the offense becomes just more efficient.

Hell...If Big Ben can support the likes of JuJu/Claypool/D. Johnson why can't Brady support the trio of Evans/Godwin/AB?

All that said, tough matchup against LAR with Ramsey and company who just completely shut down DK Metcalf and Lockett.

It's such a funny thing to watch their games. Mike Evans is absolutely deadly with the ball in the air. He can out position and out leap 99.9% of corners, and I've watched games where he doesn't get that chance until the 3rd quarter. 

When it does happen early though, you can almost count on a great game from Mike, because it's like Brady seems to forget-- "Oh yeah, I can just leave it up there and he'll get it far more often than not."

If I'm Bruce Arians, and I want Mike Evans to get involved, the first play of every game is a play action deep shot. Can we get a Change.org petition going for this? 

That being said-- 8 Touchdowns through 10 games is fantastic, but the yardage is a big let down, and basically a break-even, for where you hoped his floor would be through this point in the year. You'd have liked 800+ yards by now, instead of 510. That's 30 points difference from where you expect his yardage to be. 

From where he was drafted-- he's not going to out-perform that position unless he somehow goes on a tear, which is entirely possible. As much as I love him-- I'm seeing the capped upside as a detriment. He hasn't had a single WEEK WINNING game (25-30pts std) this season. Last year he had 3 such games. 

Here's hoping he's saving them for the playoffs.

Edited by RevisAteMyQB
11 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Pleasantly surprised.

Evans got tons of targets and more importantly, was targeted RELENTLESSLY in the redzone. Evans should have had a monster game, but Brady misfired high on at least two redzone shots.

Not sure Evans will return to the "Winston days" but all these WR options may be creating a situation where Evans' floor rises a bit because the offense becomes just more efficient.

Hell...If Big Ben can support the likes of JuJu/Claypool/D. Johnson why can't Brady support the trio of Evans/Godwin/AB?

All that said, tough matchup against LAR with Ramsey and company who just completely shut down DK Metcalf and Lockett.

More production is on the way. May not happen against the Rams but the matchup with KC in two weeks could provide fireworks. When TB returns from their bye in Week 13 they play Minnesota, Atlanta Detroit...I know it was tough sledding for many of us Evans drafters -- but if we make it to the playoffs he might just save his best for last.

Edited by Jetdog16
21 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

More production is on the way. May not happen against the Rams but the matchup with KC in two weeks could provide fireworks. When TB returns from their bye in Week 13 they play Minnesota, Atlanta Detroit...I know it was tough sledding for many of us Evans drafters -- but if we make it to the playoffs he might just save his best for last.

Not expecting much against LAR. Have to think Ramsey is on him which means zilcho. KC no walk in the park either against WRs, but points will need to be scored.

Think the offense regardless will continue to find it's groove and become more efficient. Just hope that pays off come playoff time.

On 11/16/2020 at 9:27 PM, kyoun1e said:

Not expecting much against LAR. Have to think Ramsey is on him which means zilcho. KC no walk in the park either against WRs, but points will need to be scored.

Think the offense regardless will continue to find it's groove and become more efficient. Just hope that pays off come playoff time.

Yeah I'm sure Ramsey will be locked in on Evans in the redzone, where his only value is so far this season.

Never know though, since Brown is another stud. Starting Evans and hoping for a TD.

Once again Mike Evans delivered. All of the doomsday talk was premature. Drew another pass interference call and powered his way to a touchdown. Love his schedule the rest of the way and it seems Brady has finally taken the blinders off. Starting him ROS with increased confidence. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Once again Mike Evans delivered. All of the doomsday talk was premature. Drew another pass interference call and powered his way to a touchdown. Love his schedule the rest of the way and it seems Brady has finally taken the blinders off. Starting him ROS with increased confidence. 

Yup. I think health wise and getting in sync with Brady wise things have come along.

The targets and production against Ramsey and Brady's willingness to throw into that coverage speaks volumes. The TD was just gravy.

I think what also has become clear is this: AB's presence is not really an issue with Evans. AB is clearly eating into Godwin's production.

Starting against KC for sure. Don't get KC's statistical rank against WRs. The data says it's a terrible matchup, but I just watched the likes of N. Agholor eat them up. Evans should get targets in a game where points will need to be scored.

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Yup. I think health wise and getting in sync with Brady wise things have come along.

The targets and production against Ramsey and Brady's willingness to throw into that coverage speaks volumes. The TD was just gravy.

I think what also has become clear is this: AB's presence is not really an issue with Evans. AB is clearly eating into Godwin's production.

Starting against KC for sure. Don't get KC's statistical rank against WRs. The data says it's a terrible matchup, but I just watched the likes of N. Agholor eat them up. Evans should get targets in a game where points will need to be scored.

Waller's big frame also gave KC trouble. KC does not scare me one bit in what should be another high scoring affair. 

4 hours ago, sSektor said:

Matchup proof it looks like. Just need Arians and Leftwich to more consistently draw up plays to free him up in the short/intermediate game.

Funny how his floor seems a bit raised with AB there. Godwin and Gronk the ones truly suffering here- Evans is a unique presence on the outside. 

Evans is yet another WR that I have no idea how to classify. Other than Adams, is there another WR you feel more comfortable will score in a given week?

On the other hand, is there a stud WR with a lower floor?

Just don't know what to make of him. My instinct tells me that he's an obvious start in a likely shootout with the Chiefs, but my brain tell me nothing makes sense anymore.

37 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Evans is yet another WR that I have no idea how to classify. Other than Adams, is there another WR you feel more comfortable will score in a given week?

Just don't know what to make of him. My instinct tells me that he's an obvious start in a likely shootout with the Chiefs, but my brain tell me nothing makes sense anymore.

Uhhh did you forget about DK Metcalf?

Edited by Gootz
1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

Remember first watching him in college Manziel would just heave it and he would make some sick catches. Same with Winston, this is not an Evan’s issue pretty consistent he’ll get a TD but man that ceiling used to be fun. He was one of the guys you hated facing with those games he’d just go ballistic. 

Brady is also 3-36 total on passes further than 20 yards going back to week 5, all three deep completions were against the Raiders in week 7. He has 25 TD’s which is all fine and dandy on paper, but as far as Evan’s game is concerned kinda takes the joy out of it. 

Edited by CroNY

We are pressing up against his bye and he is possibly facing his FIRST season of missing the 1000 yard mark. At some point, Brady has to start feeding this guy more. Imagine coming in, as the GOAT, asking Evans to be a team player and deferring to scrubs and crackpots (Antonio Brown), only to have him end your streak of consecutive 1000 yard seasons for NOTHING. No ring, nothing. I would be in Arians' office demanding more balls. If the team isn't built for a title, they damn sure better keep their studs happy. Watching AB catch 17 balls for 19 yards is painful on the eyes. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
1 hour ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

We are pressing up against his bye and he is possibly facing his FIRST season of missing the 1000 yard mark. At some point, Brady has to start feeding this guy more. Imagine coming in, as the GOAT, asking Evans to be a team player and deferring to scrubs and crackpots (Antonio Brown), only to have him end your streak of consecutive 1000 yard seasons for NOTHING. No ring, nothing. I would be in Arians' office demanding more balls. If the team isn't built for a title, they damn sure better keep their studs happy. Watching AB catch 17 balls for 19 yards is painful on the eyes. 

Sadly he needs 437 yards in 5 games to hit 1000. There's no chance that actually happens. I'd be surprised if he hit 900 yards this season 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ajs723 said:

When did anything ever make sense

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Obviously I'd be lying if I said this isnt concerning coming out of their bye week and with his past hammy issues earlier this year. Hoping its just a case of not playing/running as much during the bye week and hes easing himself back in precautionarily. Like Islanderman said above, limited is better than a DNP, and since it's a Wednesday, if they had a bigger cocnern I imagine they wouldn't have let him even get in a limited session. Hopefully hes able to get in a full practice before game day but we've seen Evans tough it out in games without even practicing. Will just have to wait and see what the reports are the next couple of days.

Does Big Mike even practice on Wednesday's? I thought it was a step forward that he even put in a limited practice today.  All jokes aside, it's worth monitoring but unless he ends up missing tomorrow and Friday I would think he will be fine.  

• Like 1