kmoore1521

Mike Evans 2020 Outlook

11 hours ago, Trifecta said:

Wow 49 players drafted before Mike Evans? That's crazy.

4.2 is pick 38.... So it's 37 players before Evans.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Had anyone heard anything out of camp about the Evans/Brady connection? 

I've read just about every daily camp report.  Tom connects with everyone.  Mike makes non-routine catches routine and there's a daily 'wow did you see that' play.  But by and large it's constant rainbows and butterflies out of those camp articles. 

The only negative thing I've seen from the offense was the dropped passes from the RBs.   That's it.

• Thanks 1

Having a tough time with Evans/Robinson. Evans has a track record that you'd like to trust, but I just worry that Tom falls off the cliff this year. Robinson seems like the kind of receiver Foles could really latch onto, though.

27 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Having a tough time with Evans/Robinson. Evans has a track record that you'd like to trust, but I just worry that Tom falls off the cliff this year. Robinson seems like the kind of receiver Foles could really latch onto, though.

Depends on your other starting WR. Evans will have a higher ceiling week to week that can win you a game by himself but has a lower floor. Arob is going to be more consistent throughout the season.

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

Depends on your other starting WR. Evans will have a higher ceiling week to week that can win you a game by himself but has a lower floor. Arob is going to be more consistent throughout the season.

True, but kind of hard to know who other receiver will be when both Evans and Robinson are being picked as WR1. It's a good point, though, that depending on which one you have, you'll have to keep that in mind with how you round out the position. Actually, if there's a early run on RBs, you could be in a position to take both of them with your first two picks. I'm in a partial PPR 14-teamer (2RB, 3WR), so you need good pass catchers, but I pretty much always take a RB with one of my first two picks since the dropoff is so dramatic by the end of the first round these days. The idea of having to find two starters in the middle rounds is a stressful prospect to me, but with RB looking more volatile than ever this year, going WR-WR with a middle pick might be a savvy move. At least you know guys like Robinson and Evans you can count being a focal point and playing virtually every snap.

In terms of ceiling/floor, they might be closer than you think. Evans might rack up more yardage, but Robinson is your protoytpical red-zone threat. If he scored 7 TDs with Trubitchsky winging it to him, I'm confident he can get 10 with Foles to go along with a modest increase in yards.

Edited by EaglesRocker97

6 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

True, but kind of hard to know who other receiver will be when both Evans and Robinson are being picked as WR1. It's a good point, though, that depending on which one you have, you'll have to keep that in mind with how you round out the position. Actually, if there's a early run on RBs, you could be in a position to take both of them with your first two picks. I'm in a partial PPR 14-teamer (2RB, 3WR), so you need good pass catchers, but I pretty much always take a RB with one of my first two picks since the dropoff is so dramatic by the end of the first round these days. The idea of having to find two starters in the middle rounds is a stressful prospect to me, but with RB looking more volatile than ever this year, going WR-WR with a middle pick might be a savvy move. At least you know guys like Robinson and Evans you can count being a focal point and playing virtually every snap.

In terms of ceiling/floor, they might be closer than you think. Evans might rack up more yardage, but Robinson is your protoytpical red-zone threat. If he scored 7 TDs with Trubitchsky winging it to him, I'm confident he can get 10 with Foles to go along with a modest increase in yards.

If you go Evans, someone like Robert Woods would make a nice WR2 rather than Amari Cooper. You can get Woods a round or two later also.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Well, I mean Evans thrived in an offense that produced two 1000+ receivers. Tom Brady is not going to throw as many picks as Winston did and according to the analytics, Tom was among the top QBs in throwing an accurate deep ball. Now what I saw was different, but who am I to challenge "experts". They seem to think Evans will get less receptions than ARob, but the TDs and yards pretty identical, so ARob may be a threat in the redzone more but he isn't scoring a bunch more TDs than Evans. Now points on the year they are about the same, I'd say. I'd say ARob probably has a higher floor on any given week and lower ceiling. Mikey is all over the place, as evidenced by last year. With Brady his floor may not be 0, but who knows. It still could be pretty low. The sky is the limit on his ceiling. I'd take Evans all day, every day if I had to choose. His situation is really good.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Tom Brady is not going to throw as many picks as Winston did and according to the analytics, Tom was among the top QBs in throwing an accurate deep ball.

The question in my mind, though, is how good can you reasonably expect Brady's deep ball to be at age 43?

And Brady's style has always been to get the ball out quickly. Part of that is his insistence on preserving his body and staying in the game, so I think TB12 will getting rid of it extra early in his golden year.

Edited by EaglesRocker97

My dudes is Evans being slept on? Last time Brady had a WR this physically gifted was Moss and they had an INSANE connection.

Edited by fawkes_mulder

17 minutes ago, fawkes_mulder said:

My dudes is Evans being slept on? Last time Brady had a WR this physically gifted was Moss and they had an INSANE connection.

I’m not too worried, but it is a legitimate concern that Tom Brady is old. Moss is on TV now. His connection with Moss was over a decade ago. If we were talking about 30 year old Brady it would be another story. 

• Like 1

Veteran rest day at best. Actual calf/hamstring issue at worst.

I don’t imagine he needs to practice in order to play—and wouldn’t downgrade him whatsoever if he does end up suiting up Sunday. Tomorrow It will be much more clear which direction this goes. 

1 minute ago, jpark211 said:

Godwin gonna eat?

Evans out wouldn’t move the needle for Godwin, imo. He’s just as good a play with or without. He’s the volume target. Evans is the redzone/jumpballer

This guy burnt me one year... will have to keep his replacement warm just in case

Week 1 soft tissue injuries smh

• Like 1

A soft tissue injury can be contusions, sprains, strains, can be anything from a day or two to weeks...but Arians isn't even saying what area of the body it is.

Not panicked, he's in the lineup if he's starting and if he's not, whatever, I'll start a bench guy. Soft tissue injuries usually heal 100%.

Fantasy football players panic so much. Relax dudes. Sh*t happens and this doesn't sound like that big of a deal.

Even if it was a big deal, next man up.

Edited by fawkes_mulder
  • Thanks 1

And this is one of the reasons that Fantasy Football can cause almost indescribable anguish.  Evans has has hamstring issues early in the season before.  He's a reall tall muscular dude so there are a lot of things that can go wrong.

Pretty simple, if he's playing, I'm starting him and assuming this was precautionary. If he sits, I go with the next man up.  

If he is out, do you think they run more 2 TE sets, where Gronk & OJ sees some quality targets, or would it be S Miller time?

Unfortunate news. Was just reading he was growing a rapport with Brady, and now an unforeseen soft tissue injury. 

I just drafted last week and if there was any indication of a soft tissue problem, especially after he injured his hamstring last year, I wouldnt have drafted him. 

So annoying. I hope he's okay.

Hammy.  Wonder if it's the same one that cost him the end of last season?