kmoore1521

Mike Evans 2020 Outlook

He played plenty of snaps and caught a tuddy in garbage time so he must not be too hurt. Still, this was a brutal matchup to be less than 100 percent for. Evans can have a monster week pretty much whenever but dealing with those high/lows are gonna be real frustrating as they always are with him. 

This game made me hopeful for the future. Brady was off but I also saw him make throws that Jamies only wishes he could. This is Brady's first new team in 20 years with a shortened training camp and no pre-season. I think the Bucs offense will figure it out soon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, whoopsie said:

This game made me hopeful for the future. Brady was off but I also saw him make throws that Jamies only wishes he could. This is Brady's first new team in 20 years with a shortened training camp and no pre-season. I think the Bucs offense will figure it out soon.

They need to get Fournette and their pass catching 3rd rounder back their immediately to bail out their statue qb on short catches. Jones brick hands and no catching ability is the opposite of what helps Brady win.

He landed that TD grab in garbage time, his only reception on the day. I don't think his hamstring is a concern, but his attitude is. He was out there brawling with Lattimore like it was a UFC match - he legit should have been ejected from that game. I've never wanted to trade a player this badly since Ray Rice "Ray Rice'd" me...

Edited by JAG_challam
Typo correction
  • Like 1

I actually enjoyed this article. Worth a read after that week 1 if you're an Evans owner.

Bruce Arians: Bucs need to target Mike Evans more often
The coach says he wishes they had moved his top receiver around more against the Saints.

By Rick Stroud
Published 2 hours ago

TAMPA — The battle between Mike Evans and Saints defensive back Marshon Lattimore is always worth two bags of popcorn.

The pendulum swings back and forth. Evans wins some, Lattimore wins his share.

On Sunday, Evans was playing with a hamstring strain that had forced him to miss three practices leading up to the opener.

He gutted it out and wound up playing 63 snaps on offense. But Evans finished with only one catch for 2 yards and a touchdown. He did, however, impact the passing game by drawing two interference penalties.

Nonetheless, if Evans is going to be on the field that long, he has to see more footballs aimed his direction.

“We got to do a better job when we play the Saints of getting Mike in different positions,” coach Bruce Arians said Tuesday on his weekly radio show. “I think we let him sit there on the backside too much last week and it’s something we’re going to have to address when we play them later on again. ... I never want to come out of a game without 10 targets to Mike, at least."

Arians praised Lattimore, who is big and fast enough to compete with Evans even though many times Sunday he had safety help.

“The ball is in the quarterback’s hand so the targets come that way,” Arians said. "We design as much as we can. Overall, I thought the distribution was pretty solid.

“He’s a big, strong, physical guy and he’s fast so he matches up with Mike. But Mike got him beat deep twice, and really the one (pass interference) was on (Marcus) Williams.”

Arians said Evans came out of the game without aggravating the injury.

“Watching him in practice Friday, he moved around a lot and ran fast," Arians said. “To see if there was going to be any residual soreness on Saturday and there wasn’t. He went out in pre-game warmusp and was full speed. He probably played too many plays. I would’ve liked to have had him play only 40 instead of 63. But he was fine. And he’s in great shape now. No lingering affects.”

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2020/09/15/bruce-arians-bucs-need-to-target-mike-evans-more-often/

Same story as last year. If you don't force the ball his way, you're making a mistake. He's an absolute nightmare to cover, and wins 50/50 balls at a 80/20 rate.

On 9/13/2020 at 9:37 PM, Jetdog16 said:

He played plenty of snaps and caught a tuddy in garbage time so he must not be too hurt. Still, this was a brutal matchup to be less than 100 percent for. Evans can have a monster week pretty much whenever but dealing with those high/lows are gonna be real frustrating as they always are with him. 

he was throwing blocks so health  wasn't his issue, i could have sworn there was a miss early in the game with Brady and that was all she wrote

It was a one off. It won’t happen again especially with Godwin in the concussion protocol. That’s only more Brady/Evans reps at practice. Big week 2 coming.

Im going to say he gets minimum 8 targets

Edited by Zekepeak86

I just got a notification on Yahoo that Evans is questionable but I don't see any news about it. Does Yahoo get news faster than other sites are something?

8 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

I just got a notification on Yahoo that Evans is questionable but I don't see any news about it. Does Yahoo get news faster than other sites are something?

Gotta be due to “limited participation”. He should play. Already saw reports he looked good at today’s practice 

You are Mike Evans. You are in the prime of your career and 27 years old. This is what you have accomplished so far:

NFL records

• Most seasons of 1,000 yards receiving to begin a career - 6 (tied with Randy Moss)
  • Youngest player to reach 7,000 career receiving yards - (26 years, 81 days)
  • Youngest player to reach 6,000 career receiving yards - (25 years, 131 days)
  • Youngest player to have 5 seasons of 1,000 receiving yards - (25 years, 95 days)
  • Youngest player to have 6 seasons of 1,000 receiving yards - (26 years, 95 days)
  • Youngest player with 200 or more yards in a game - (21 years, 87 days)

Buccaneers franchise records

• Most receiving touchdowns in a season - 12 (2014, 2016)
  • Most receiving touchdowns by a rookie in a season - 12 (2014)
  • Most consecutive games with at least 1 touchdown reception - 4 (tied with Chris Godwin) (2014)
  • Most games of 100 yards receiving in a career - 25 (2014-present)
  • Most receiving yards per game in a career - 80.1 (2014-present)
  • Most consecutive 1,000 yard receiving seasons - 6 (2014-present)
  • Most seasons of 1,000 yards receiving - 6 (2014-present)
  • Most receiving touchdowns in a career - 50 (2014-present)
  • Most receiving yards in a career - 7,366 (2014-present)
  • Most receiving yards in a season - 1,524 (2018)
  • Most receptions in a career - 470 (2014-present)

Here are you today reduced to a jump ball end zone circus bear

giphy.gif

while Scotty Miller gets fed, Gronk's corpse gets some feel good love while still warm, and every RB is getting the ball as much as you to see how they "look".

giphy.gif

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, cookiemonster said:

At least the two TD's give you a chance to sell high. 

This is who he is though, right? Streaky low end WR2. 

Yeah, I feel like at this point you have to try and sell. Capitalize on name and the couple scores last 2 weeks. It really feels like Evans and Brady are not meshing together well and like it or not, Brady is the new general in town. 2 receps for 2 yeards is garbage, can easily be replaced by anything on the wire - TDs should not be the life or death of someone at his draft capital... smh

On 3/18/2020 at 8:58 AM, Ryansm11 said:

Lmao this is looking surprisingly accurate so far 

edit - said it back on March 18th. 

Edited by Ryansm11
Left part out
  • Haha 1

Would definitely give him one more game before panicking. 

He has 2 games at full health. 7 catches for over 100 yards, and 2 catches for 2 yards. One of these is an outlier, we don't know which. We do know that Arians said he wants Evans getting 10 targets per game. If he has 6 for 90 next week, I think you can almost write this week off. If he has 3 for 30 next week, I think it's fair to be worried. 

People are panicking? Wut lol? He has one of the safest floors and now Godwin is hurt again. He'll be fine. The Bucs aren't going to be a high flying offense but I much prefer consistent Evans with Brady than boom busy with Jameis.

5 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

People are panicking? Wut lol? He has one of the safest floors and now Godwin is hurt again. He'll be fine. The Bucs aren't going to be a high flying offense but I much prefer consistent Evans with Brady than boom busy with Jameis.

If I recall, I saw Brady miss him twice on deep balls that would have been TDs. If Brady is more accurate Evans is taking it to the house. Once they start connecting as the season progresses Mikey Evans is going to take some teams to the 'ship on his back.

They will be a high flying offense. That's what Arians wants. Yesterday we saw glimpses of it.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m just concerned about the lack of targets. If everyone plays, it doesn’t seem like he’s going to be all that consistent. I was hoping he would be Brady’s red zone target and big bodied safety blanket, and he is to an extent, but now Gronk might be that too. He just feels like he has a lot of bust potential every week, and that’s generally something I don’t want in my WR1/2, but that’s just me. 

7 minutes ago, cookiemonster said:

I’m just concerned about the lack of targets. If everyone plays, it doesn’t seem like he’s going to be all that consistent. I was hoping he would be Brady’s red zone target and big bodied safety blanket, and he is to an extent, but now Gronk might be that too. He just feels like he has a lot of bust potential every week, and that’s generally something I don’t want in my WR1/2, but that’s just me. 

He doesn't need massive targets to produce. Brady has GPS heat-seeking missiles for Evans in the red zone, and as posters above said, the big plays will come with better timing. Bucs' offense has looked like poop yet Evans has 4 TD's in 3 games.