kmoore1521

Mike Evans 2020 Outlook

Just now, Jetdog16 said:

He doesn't need massive targets to produce. Brady has GPS heat-seeking missiles for Evans in the red zone, and as posters above said, the big plays will come with better timing. Bucs' offense has looked like poop yet Evans has 4 TD's in 3 games. 

Tom Brady 'icing on the cake' as Bucs beat Broncos

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Tom Brady:

Mike Evans is like a son to me 😘

I'm sure Brady gave Evans a kiss on the lips after the game

3 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

If I recall, I saw Brady miss him twice on deep balls that would have been TDs. If Brady is more accurate Evans is taking it to the house. Once they start connecting as the season progresses Mikey Evans is going to take some teams to the 'ship on his back.

They will be a high flying offense. That's what Arians wants. Yesterday we saw glimpses of it.

This is the kind of post I'm looking for as I was not able to watch this particular game, only loosely followed a play by play and checked stat line.
Thanks for the info, comforting to hear things are looking solid and hopefully on the right track.

5 hours ago, whoopsie said:

People are panicking? Wut lol? He has one of the safest floors and now Godwin is hurt again. He'll be fine. The Bucs aren't going to be a high flying offense but I much prefer consistent Evans with Brady than boom busy with Jameis.

Yeah..Absolutely no. Already twice this season he has gotten TWO YARDS. TDs are flukely. What provides WRs a safe floor is targets, yards, and receptions. Those are not nearly as flukey. 

He has one of the worst floors for an elite WR in the entire league. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Tom Brady 'icing on the cake' as Bucs beat Broncos

Tom Brady probably wishing the helmets were not there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Yeah..Absolutely no. Already twice this season he has gotten TWO YARDS. TDs are flukely. What provides WRs a safe floor is targets, yards, and receptions. Those are not nearly as flukey. 

He has one of the worst floors for an elite WR in the entire league. 

This could be true. But keep in mind we're basing this off of one game. It's equally possible that yesterday was a fluke, and he averages 8-10 targets every week from now on. 

40 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

This could be true. But keep in mind we're basing this off of one game. It's equally possible that yesterday was a fluke, and he averages 8-10 targets every week from now on. 

No it’s based on his entire career

16 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I don't get it. He's averaging nearly 10 targets per game for his career. 

So far if you own him you're not really thrilled but you're not unhappy. I'd definitely prefer he gets more targets in games Godwin is playing but I love that he is a guy Brady is looking to in end zone. As weeks move on especially if Godwin misses time I think he and Brady will get more of a connection and make his floor less likely to bust without a TD 

If you own Evans, you'd be dumb to sell him right now. Let him feast while Godwin is out next week and potentially the game after, then sell him just before Godwin gets back. I'm definitely worried about Evans' targets with Godwin in the lineup, but without... this team will force a lot of throws to Evans on top of him being the primary redzone guy to begin with. Bodes well.

Lock and loaded WR1 this year. Don't sell unless you need a RB1, this Bucs offense is just getting warmed up

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I got faith he'll get more targets with Godwin out, but I'm definitely a bit worried after Godwin comes back. Bucs defense is so elite that I feel like they are just going to run out the clock 3rd and 4th quarter in most games as their offensive weapons put up a comfortable 21 in the first half of most games, and the defense holds.

Edited by harck

3 minutes ago, harck said:

I got faith he'll get more targets with Godwin out, but I'm definitely a bit worried after Godwin comes back. Bucs defense is so elite that I feel like they are just going to run out the clock 3rd and 4th quarter in most games as their offensive weapons put up a comfortable 21 in the first half of most games, and the defense holds.

He got 2 goal line TDs from Brady. They didn't use RB or QB sneak they passed it twice to Evans, he'll be fine. He's just getting warmed up after his hamstring injury week 1.

On 9/28/2020 at 5:11 PM, jeffnsee said:

Don't sell unless you need a RB1

And if you do need a RB1, you're gonna have to sell a lot more than just Evans

On 9/28/2020 at 3:33 PM, Gohawks said:

yea ok, he’s averaged 80 yards per game over his career.  And you are bringing up 3 yards in two games like that correlates 

I guess he will average 2 or so years per game here on out

On 9/28/2020 at 9:11 PM, jeffnsee said:

Lock and loaded WR1 this year. Don't sell unless you need a RB1, this Bucs offense is just getting warmed up

Well I do need an RB1, but also could use a WR1 thanks to Evans' usage.

• Haha 1