Rotoworld.com Forums

Mike Evans 2020 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Thanks for info there. I was kinda talking out my a** cause I was just following along the box scores early on Sunday and felt like Evans only took a few minutes to get back in. That was a brutal looking bend of his leg there. Still, I'm highly optimistic that we all got lucky here. He came back into the game, and that's massive for a player's potential availability the following week. Most of the time but not always, if a player can return in the game they can get back the next week. This is a short week, maybe Bucs should rest him. 3-4 week high ankle sprain? Not seeing it. 

I saw it live, saw his reaction, and thought he was done for a few weeks. He finished the game, but looked like he was aggravating it a lot and hobbled.  The fact that he finished (like you said) and no high ankle sprain news means he is relatively safe.  I wouldn't mind him sitting on a short week to heal.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

QUICK EVERYONE GET IN HERE GODWIN FRACTURED FINGER WE BACK 

.....and Evans murdered him. 1)  Evans gets past the initial contact and gets open for a catch. 2) Evans burns him bad. Brady underthrows Evans.  Even the announcers say, "Well Bradberry was

You can’t question his toughness. He’s a warrior out there.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jetdog16 said:

We would probably know by now if it was a high ankle sprain. News of that for CMC and Michael Thomas was available pretty much immediately. Those guys also left their respective games which is usually a strong sign of a serious injury. Evans dusted himself off and after a few snaps on the sideline got back out there and continued producing. They don't build many dudes like Mike Evans. He'll play this week.

I feel like they have incentive to mask it short term though so Denver gameplans for Evans and because they are already banged up for the short week, just more incentive to withhold information relative to those two other teams. Hope you're right though.

Edited by harck
Just now, harck said:

I feel like they have incentive to mask it though so Denver gameplans for Evans and because they are already banged up for the short week, more so than the other two teams. Hope you're right though.

I see where you're coming from but that's a level of gamesmanship that doesn't happen as much as you might think. If Evans has a serious injury, it's in the best interest of the team to put him on IR as to not use up a roster spot. This is what it looks like. Evans is probably dealing with a bad lateral sprain. I'm sure he's in pain and is truly questionable to suit up on a short week. Maybe he'll play maybe he won't. If he wearing a walking boot tomorrow and on IR I will be totally shocked. 

5 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Evans is going to test the ankle pre game to see if he is going to play. 

Between the injury, short week, and tough matchup I am seriously contemplating starting Justin Jefferson to play it safe. 

If Evans plays I'm starting him.

You gotta ding him down a couple notches this week due to the injury, but absolutely still a good start tonight. Even if they take it easy on him, dude is a stud around the goal line. Just needs a couple one yard TD's to make our night worth it!

Edited by Jetdog16
  • Like 1
Just now, RunCMC said:

I don't like it. 

Thursday night game too, never bodes well for me - good thing for you fantasy owners I don't have shares in Evans this year - so he should do fine tonight.

He was re-injuring the ankle every time he tried to get leverage to block.  If I am the Bears, I just double team jam him at LOS.  Who else is there to even throw to? After the first quarter he will probably throw some punches and get ejected.

It is just too scary of a game for me, and luckily I have some other options.  I hope he is fine, and he does well, and he is healthy next week when I start him. 

Edited by Sternes
1 minute ago, harck said:

Just hope he makes it out of the game healthy. Want to see these Bucs at 100% because they are a joy to watch.

This. Plus with 10 days to rest after this, hopefully he can heal up well and not have any setbacks tonight. I'm still benching but gl to those rolling with him!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Sternes said:

He was re-injuring the ankle every time he tried to get leverage to block.  If I am the Bears, I just double team jam him at LOS.  Who else is there to even throw to? After the first quarter he will probably throw some punches and get ejected.

It is just too scary of a game for me, and luckily I have some other options.  I hope he is fine, and he does well, and he is healthy next week when I start him. 

Yeah, I re-watched the highlights of the game and he was limping all over the field all game. He is only playing because Godwin/Howard are out imo. 
With that said, he was still a beast on one leg last game and the Bucs/Brady REALLY need him to gut it out. Maybe with a few days off, some treatment and an "injection" he could be fine. It's definitely a gamble. 

I will also say, that given the state of the NFL, it's also a benefit to know this game is being played versus holding him out and finding out Tomorrow that your replacement WR's game is now in doubt due to covid and you are forced to start a scrub Free Agent. 

1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

Yeah, I re-watched the highlights of the game and he was limping all over the field all game. He is only playing because Godwin/Howard are out imo. 
With that said, he was still a beast on one leg last game and the Bucs/Brady REALLY need him to gut it out. Maybe with a few days off, some treatment and an "injection" he could be fine. It's definitely a gamble. 

I will also say, that given the state of the NFL, it's also a benefit to know this game is being played versus holding him out and finding out Tomorrow that your replacement WR's game is now in doubt due to covid and you are forced to start a scrub Free Agent. 

Long as the injection doesn't puncture a lung. 😣

• Haha 1

Should have had 3 TDs tonight, while playing hurt. Brady lasered a ball over his head in the endzone. Any touch on the throw and it's an easy TD. He also had his man beat deep down the sideline and the ball was way underthrown.