affliction

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

You’re taking the Cleveland backup rb over Rojo?  😬 


haha, I feel you. Trust me, I like RoJo, but we’ve seen Hunt be an elite talent in this league and last year it didn’t look like he didn’t miss a beat. He looked great. He’s a startable RB2/3 each week but if Chubb misses time to injury or covid he’s a clear top 6 RB. Idk if Jones can get there. It’d take a huge leap on talent. In short, I trust hunt to be a reliable option for me more. It’s close though. RoJo doesn’t need an injury to reach RB1 upside but he needs a significant jump in realizing his ability to do so. Hunt does not, he already has that ability. 

edit: also, I wouldn’t call hunt a backup RB. I’m expecting a 1a 1b situation for sure. 

Edited by aapox
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, paulwall29 said:

Arians is amongst the leagues most full of **** coach speak kings. Hilarious how amped up the RoJo truthers are.

I know last year Arians said Godwin would be a 100 catch WR, and he only got 84...

All coaches are full of it when it comes to public evaluations of their players.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vaughn is still on the COVID list and Shady is in the dusk of his career.  RoJo remains an excellent value pick.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

I know last year Arians said Godwin would be a 100 catch WR, and he only got 84...

All coaches are full of it when it comes to public evaluations of their players.

he had 86 and if he didnt miss 2 games 98 rec pro rated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

he had 86 and if he didnt miss 2 games 98 rec pro rated

/s probably would have been appropriate after my other post.

 

my point was BA is no more full of it than other coaches and occasionally these proclamations yield actual results. I was all in on Godwin last year and am all in on Rojo this year. Jones was one of the more effective pass catching RBs last year, his drop rate was more than respectable and he averaged 10 YPC which put him tied for 3rd amongst RBs I believe. 
 

Here’s to hoping there’s no “Dammit Ronald” moment this year that keeps him off the field.

 

Edited by Ddam2013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

/s probably would have been appropriate after my other post.

 

my point was BA is no more full of it than other coaches and occasionally these proclamations yield actual results. I was all in on Godwin last year and am all in on Rojo this year. Jones was one of the more effective pass catching RBs last year, his drop rate was more than respectable and he averaged 10 YPC which put him tied for 3rd amongst RBs I believe. 
 

Here’s to hoping there’s no “Dammit Ronald” moment this year that keeps him off the field.

 

Thank you for giving me my team name this year. 

Edited by Breesus
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of hype on RoJo. Where do you feel comfortable taking him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

A lot of hype on RoJo. Where do you feel comfortable taking him?

I'd take him in the top half of Round 5 assuming he's my RB3 or I'm loaded at WR and he's my RB2

Of course depending on who else is available.   But I'd be comfortable with him there given the above. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Bucs are an enigma. And frankly, Tom Brady is just as big of a TD vulture as Winston. Rojo will be okay for a RB3/Flex, but with Evans, Godwin, and Gronk out there what is going to be left? I just really don't know about him, because Arians is just tough to read. In NE Brady had trash for receivers in comparison to what he has now. He threw to James White because he was probably the second best WR on that team. I don't see Arians trusting RoJo ever like he did David Johnson.

Edited by FitzMagic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he just went 39th overall in a 20 dollar bestball league. Make of that what you will. If this becomes his new price i will not be owning anymore of him. I been taking him in round 5 a lot lately because i do think rjo has top 17 rb overall upside with a lot of top 15 weeks if things break right. At 39th though it is a hard pass for me. go to my draftkings thread of who do i start forum and i am going to post the entire draft if any of you want to see how this particular bestball league went

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I'd take him in the top half of Round 5 assuming he's my RB3 or I'm loaded at WR and he's my RB2

Of course depending on who else is available.   But I'd be comfortable with him there given the above. 

LOL, that's mighty comfortable. I don't know, but Round 5 is pretty bold. He seems like maybe a 6/7 value right now if in need of a RB. He has the potential to be really good, but I don't think he grades that high.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

A lot of hype on RoJo. Where do you feel comfortable taking him?

Round 5 as my third rb is perfect

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

LOL, that's mighty comfortable. I don't know, but Round 5 is pretty bold. He seems like maybe a 6/7 value right now if in need of a RB. He has the potential to be really good, but I don't think he grades that high.

Maybe so.   Like I said, it depends on who else is there.  I just don't see him being available in the late 6th where he's going now (actually early 7 in 12 team).   I'd take Hunt over him fairly easily.   And probably Montgomery.  But I'd struggle with the rookies going around him.   There's something not to like about everyone in that group.   I just think Jones has a chance to be the main RB in Tampa Bay, get maybe 30 catches, and some TDs.  

Of course there's plenty of time for positive or negative news about any of these guys that might change my mind.  Particularly for Swift. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going after him in round 5. Go look up his 2019 film study on YouTube, I’m a believer this year. 10+ TD’s incoming

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was able to get him in round 7 and early round 8 in 2 PPR drafts I did 2 weeks ago.  That's an advantage of drafting early.  Getting guys like Jones later before they're hyped up as we get closer to the season.

Edited by sjm76
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Breesus said:

I’m going after him in round 5. Go look up his 2019 film study on YouTube, I’m a believer this year. 10+ TD’s incoming

I'm also willing to reach for him if needed. Situation and opportunity is too good.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yahoo now has him moved up to the round 5 range, So happy for the shares of him i own a month ago. Auctions have not caugh up as sometimes he will go as cheap as 10 to 15 dollars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he only went for 9 dollrars in a 10 team 20 dollar auction. I scooped him up for that price all day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You used to be able to get him in 12 team high stakes in round 6 or 7. Now you better grab him in the 5th if you want him. Might be 4th before too long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah his rise is disappointing so close to my draft day. I’ve been high on him all off-season, he has high TD upside and IF Brady trusts him to catch 30-40 passes. Man oh man 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i took him in early 50s on another dk bstball. My next pick was not into the 70s and i needed an rb2 so i was not going to chance not getting him with my next pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rotofan24 said:

Here's a less positive story on Jones' performance today regarding "unacceptable drops":

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2020/08/23/bruce-arians-unacceptable-drops-by-running-backs-must-stop/

 

Yep-   The kid finally had a rough day in camp.  Something to monitor- but you’re not drafting Rojo to be James White.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.