affliction

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Power-O said:

im not...i got plenty of backs as you can see lol after week 4 you are going to get a big message from me on here man..if im wrong you will get it either way lol 

Please stop with the intimidation tactics. It'd be one thing if you were going to send me a message, but to send me a BIG message is just uncalled for.

• Haha 2

Just now, paulwall29 said:

Please stop with the intimidation tactics. It'd be one thing if you were going to send me a message, but to send me a BIG message is just uncalled for.

lmao its all good man...ok ill give you a small message instead...we cool? lol you and me are going to be good friends this season lol

1 hour ago, markrc99 said:

Could be, but much of the counter is just a bunch of made up $h!+. This acquisition looks more along the lines of opportunity than something calculated. Ask yourself, if it were you &  you had a player, a starter you had absolutely no confidence in, is this what you’d do? You’d wait until just before the start of the season, hoping for some thing or someone to fall out of the sky & land in your lap? The answer is obvious, of course you wouldn’t. Tampa is all-in mode for the SB. The counter also contends that Arians is continuing to lie to Jones because they need him for a game or two. If they simply reminded him of what they’re trying to accomplish, that keeping him in one piece & fresh is a priority, that would shatter his confidence and god only knows what would ensue. 

It was further suggested that Fournette chose Tampa over a handful of other teams... is that true? I’m not saying it isn’t, I just couldn’t find it. I found stuff like; 5 teams that should pursue Fournette. It’s also been reported that while New England did look into Fournette during FA, they did not pursue him after his release. I agree with Power-O, Jones has busted his @$$ to this point & it’s still his job to lose! Remember, accordingly, Fournette doesn’t exactly have his head screwed on straight. I don’t know about making him a presence in their locker room. No doubt, it could just be wishful thinking, but I believe he’s there if they need him. 

I'm not who you quoted, but IMO, that's exactly what I'd do. I don't understand the Jones supporters who are saying that by drafting two RBs, signing McCoy, then signing Fournette, is somehow a vote of confidence for RoJo. Seems pretty transparent that they thought these RB additions, mostly hidden by the strong position players outside the RB room, were going to be enough to get them through to the end. But then there became the possibility to solidify the position and turn it instead into an actual strength. And if there were any real concerns with his character or locker room presence, why on earth would they jeopardize it with Fournette if they were so supportive of RoJo as the guy?

I honestly think one of the biggest things here is really the fact that LF made the choice of Tampa. On the last year of his rookie deal, after witnessing the downward trend in the RB market, seeing guys like Freeman sitting there without a team, why would he go to any team that is not going to give him a major path towards carries? I've heard people say "because he wants to win!" but again, that seems like an odd motivation for someone who is 25, on the last year of his rookie deal, in a short-lived position with a poor market, along with Twitterverse claiming he not only has no skills, but he's also a chemistry killer. I can't imagine he'd agree to a deal with TB just to "win" if it also results in him not being able to showcase his abilities outside of the purgatory that is Jacksonville and doing nothing to combat the narratives that could keep him from his first big boy contract. I just don't see it.

Edited by Fade2White12
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, markrc99 said:

Could be, but much of the counter is just a bunch of made up $h!+. This acquisition looks more along the lines of opportunity than something calculated. Ask yourself, if it were you &  you had a player, a starter you had absolutely no confidence in, is this what you’d do? You’d wait until just before the start of the season, hoping for some thing or someone to fall out of the sky & land in your lap? The answer is obvious, of course you wouldn’t. Tampa is all-in mode for the SB. The counter also contends that Arians is continuing to lie to Jones because they need him for a game or two. If they simply reminded him of what they’re trying to accomplish, that keeping him in one piece & fresh is a priority, that would shatter his confidence and god only knows what would ensue. 

It was further suggested that Fournette chose Tampa over a handful of other teams... is that true? I’m not saying it isn’t, I just couldn’t find it. I found stuff like; 5 teams that should pursue Fournette. It’s also been reported that while New England did look into Fournette during FA, they did not pursue him after his release. I agree with Power-O, Jones has busted his @$$ to this point & it’s still his job to lose! Remember, accordingly, Fournette doesn’t exactly have his head screwed on straight. I don’t know about making him a presence in their locker room. No doubt, it could just be wishful thinking, but I believe he’s there if they need him. 

Bingo

Tampa grabbed Leo because the price was low and he offers what no other back can— a true three down plan B.  

Rojo owners would, of course,  have preferred there was no legit plan B— But the football fan in all of us should realize that this is a team eyeing the postseason...and RJ going down cannot mean the end of the Bucs season.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Bingo

Tampa grabbed Leo because the price was low and he offers what no other back can— a true three down plan B.  

Rojo owners would, of course,  have preferred there was no legit plan B— But the football fan in all of us should realize that this is a team eyeing the postseason...and RJ going down cannot mean the end of the Bucs season.  

Plus, there are still a few question marks on RoJo, as much as we may want to avoid them. He's not demonstrated himself to be a stellar blocker (yet), who knows if his work this offseason will solidify him as "good enough" or whether he'll have a long way still to go after some minor improvement... They're hedging their bets with a relatively cheap (compared to potential production) body... I could see 50/50 split of early downs, I could see RoJo losing out and becoming a backup, but I could also see LF being on the other end of a 60/40 split as he pulls the "vet wanting a ring" card... however this plays out, we won't really know until the chips hit the table... time to unsubscribe for a few weeks... nobody should be dropping either of RoJo or LF, barring injury, between now and the first game... let's watch and see!

• Like 2

Rojo was a very pedestrian runner, 4.2 ypc, basically league average, despite facing light fronts all year as teams played exclusively nickel and dime against them.  That's not changing. 

Fournette averaged 4.3 while being keyed much of the time against stacked boxes.  There is no comparison in talent.  With those receivers and the GOAT under center, Fournette will break off chunk gains through light boxes like Rojo never did.  

Try as I might, I just can't envision anything better than a 60/40 committee in Fournette's favor, with most of the red zone action.  And imagine how many more RZ trips they'll have without Winston's turnovers killing drives.  I see nothing but disappointment and frustration for Rojo owners.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Rojo was a very pedestrian runner, 4.2 ypc, basically league average, despite facing light fronts all year as teams played exclusively nickel and dime against them.  That's not changing. 

Fournette averaged 4.3 while being keyed much of the time against stacked boxes.  There is no comparison in talent.  With those receivers and the GOAT under center, Fournette will break off chunk gains through light boxes like Rojo never did.  

Try as I might, I just can't envision anything better than a 60/40 committee in Fournette's favor, with most of the red zone action.  And imagine how many more RZ trips they'll have without Winston's turnovers killing drives.  I see nothing but disappointment and frustration for Rojo owners.

Very well may be. At this point, we're all lathering ourselves up on conjecture and personal opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheDude4bides said:

Very well may be. At this point, we're all lathering ourselves up on conjecture and personal opinion.

That's what fantasy preseason is all about.

In Yahoo, he's being ranked RB27.  Last year, RJ was RB28 (in 0.5 PPR) with 37% of snap counts (415 snaps out of 1140 RB snaps).  By comparison, Peyton Barber had 30.4%, Dare Ogunbowale had 32.4%.

Patriots had 1403 RB snaps last year.  30% of that is 421 snaps, which is more than the snaps RJ got last year.  So even a 30% role for RJ this year may not necessarily mean he'll have worse numbers than last year.

46 minutes ago, TheDude4bides said:

Plus, there are still a few question marks on RoJo, as much as we may want to avoid them. He's not demonstrated himself to be a stellar blocker (yet), who knows if his work this offseason will solidify him as "good enough" or whether he'll have a long way still to go after some minor improvement... They're hedging their bets with a relatively cheap (compared to potential production) body... I could see 50/50 split of early downs, I could see RoJo losing out and becoming a backup, but I could also see LF being on the other end of a 60/40 split as he pulls the "vet wanting a ring" card... however this plays out, we won't really know until the chips hit the table... time to unsubscribe for a few weeks... nobody should be dropping either of RoJo or LF, barring injury, between now and the first game... let's watch and see!

Nailed it

sometimes....there’s a man....  

On 9/4/2020 at 7:29 AM, devilfish said:

Nice story bro, tell me some more!

Got it -you're not a fan of actual facts and prefer the stale/old Rotoworld forum garbage when someone actually refutes your opinions with facts... you bring out the "cool story bro".

23 hours ago, Chardo said:

LF was #5 in stacked box rate per carry.

RoJo was #6 in stacked box rate per carry.

RoJo averaged higher ypc 3.8 vs 3.7.

The main difference between these two statistically is their ypc under center vs shotgun.  LF does better under center while Rojo does better in shotgun.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAG said:

LF was #5 in stacked box rate per carry.

RoJo was #6 in stacked box rate per carry.

RoJo averaged higher ypc 3.8 vs 3.7.

The main difference between these two statistically is their ypc under center vs shotgun.  LF does better under center while Rojo does better in shotgun.

The difference is LF faced stacked boxes on most of his carries, while rojo rarely did.  And to your last point, how often does Brady go shotgun?

Tell us the ypc on light boxes.

11 minutes ago, Chardo said:

The difference is LF faced stacked boxes on most of his carries, while rojo rarely did.  And to your last point, how often does Brady go shotgun?

You realize those numbers are per carry right? 

y'all are lunatics. Fournette clearly better than the back who couldn't even beat out Peyton Barber.

Sorry about the sunk cost if you already drafted. If you didn't already draft, Fournette is the guy to get.

Sincerely,

Somebody with no player bias because he has not drafted yet in any leagues...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/4/2020 at 10:33 AM, Fried Pork Grind said:

He went to TB because it's his best chance to ball out and get a big contract. 

He went to tb because he got CUT from the jags. That could use rb help. He should get 10 carries a game in tb. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

He went to tb because he got CUT from the jags. That could use rb help. He should get 10 carries a game in tb. 

10 + whatever RoJo would get. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chardo said:

Shotgun vs under center were pretty close to 50/50 for the 2019 pats. 568 shotgun vs 527 under center. 

4 hours ago, Chardo said:

Stop it! 🛑 Fournette faced stacked boxes a little more frequently than Jones did. The former Jaguar had eight or more defenders in the box on 31.7 percent of his snaps in 2019 opposed to Jones, who faced eight or more defenders in the box on 26.16 percent of his.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Rojo owners are in Fing lala land. 

Over/ under. By Halloween barring injuries is Rojo owned in 75% of leagues? 

Gimme the under

Sad Fournette owners that drafted before he got cut and all teams passed on him on waivers instead of paying him 4 million. All coming in this thread to whine about Jones. They all use the I don't even own Fournette line but really do.

Edited by FantasyGeek2018
  • Like 1