affliction

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook

This feels like the Gordon/Ekeler debate last year lol. I don’t own either of these guys, but y’all are just gonna have to see how it plays out. Everyone should know now you can’t take Bruce Arians by his word. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

These Rojo or Fournette threads are fun to read but damnit don’t kid yourself thinking we know which one is the man in Tampa. 
Start Rojo the first week and see how it plays out, but damn if you had drafted Rojo as your RB 4/5 are we really going to start him over others... 

I avoided the fat cut guy this year and only have Jones as my bench RB in one of my leagues. Not a big deal to me either way. I just think its funny watching the guys that spent a high pick on fournette panic only to see him get cut and all 32 teams passed him on waivers. 

3 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

I avoided the fat cut guy this year and only have Jones as my bench RB in one of my leagues. Not a big deal to me either way. I just think its funny watching the guys that spent a high pick on fournette panic only to see him get cut and all 32 teams passed him on waivers. 

Seriously.   The browns just paid their backup 13M over 2 seasons and no one would give Leo 4M for ONE

that tells us something about how he’s valued.  Only 25 years old and no major knee issues either.  Smh

Now he’s shooting his mouth off- bashing former teammates and acting like him and Brady are best buds.    This guy is in for a big time lesson me thinks.    

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

RoJo had the most rushing yards called back due to penalty in the NFL. I believe it was 230 yards...

How many of those were because of a hold that opened up a run for him?  I mean, it's not really a point to argue since it bears no weight.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Wow. What a thread from you all over here. 

LF Owners vs RoJo owners best rivalry in sports... surely higher than Celtics v Lakers, OSU v Michigan... up there with Red Sox v Yankees. 

Oh, me? What am I doing in this thread... well see about 2 weeks ago I took RoJo as my RB2 behind CMC in the 6th round of my .5 ppr. Felt good, felt real good with that combo. 

Now here I am, spectating this wonderful display of compelling argumentative writing between two sides of completely rational owners who have not seen either player take one snap with this completely new look team in 2020. 

Gentlemen, lets calm it down and watch some football... first game tomorrow and a full Sunday of football is about 3-4 days away. You probably shouldn’t start either guy week 1 unless you are extremely desperate for RB already (me) then you can consider starting RoJo. I might, but that says less about my confidence in RoJo and more about the rest of the roster, it should be the same with anyone else.

We are in the age of RBBC, so there's at least one of these heated threads every year if not more. I find it amusing. There's some rational people, and the ones on either end that I think are at least partially going so hard for their guy just for entertainment value. I guess that's what makes it fun, although I find it tiring trying to talk my guys up to random strangers on the internet

On a sidenote, I'm also likely starting Rojo as my RB2. I drafted recently, but went heavy at other positions and the guy I had penciled in at RB2(Swift) went AWOL. GL to both of us, we're going to need it. I actually think Rojo has a chance at being a fantasy asset this year, and if you drafted after the Fournette signing he's coming real cheap. 

• Like 1

Just now, Robrain said:

Wait, so your argument in favor of RoJo not even barely making it to 1,000 total yards is "well if we count all the times he gained yards when the offense was holding..."

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

I missed out on Rojo and had to settle(?) on Fournette. I think it will be the Rojo show for the first couple weeks unless he has some bad fumbles/missed blocks. Either way I don't think this things will get better than a revolving door of 60/40 splits for them this season.

Edited by sSektor

39 minutes ago, owenmills said:

We are in the age of RBBC, so there's at least one of these heated threads every year if not more. I find it amusing. There's some rational people, and the ones on either end that I think are at least partially going so hard for their guy just for entertainment value. I guess that's what makes it fun, although I find it tiring trying to talk my guys up to random strangers on the internet

On a sidenote, I'm also likely starting Rojo as my RB2. I drafted recently, but went heavy at other positions and the guy I had penciled in at RB2(Swift) went AWOL. GL to both of us, we're going to need it. I actually think Rojo has a chance at being a fantasy asset this year, and if you drafted after the Fournette signing he's coming real cheap. 

Well, hopefully I see ya in the game thread on Sunday cheers-ing you as RoJo gets the lowly 10-12 pts I would be ecstatic about getting from him 🍻 

If not, oh well... what did I expect from starting this guy in New Orleans anyway.

Man, its week 1 and I already feel this way about my starting lineup, but then again why would I expect it to be any other way

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Well, hopefully I see ya in the game thread on Sunday cheers-ing you as RoJo gets the lowly 10-12 pts I would be ecstatic about getting from him 🍻 

If not, oh well... what did I expect from starting this guy in New Orleans anyway.

Man, its week 1 and I already feel this way about my starting lineup, but then again why would I expect it to be any other way

R

E

L

A

X

Rojo is here to soothe your worries.  

17/120/2 week 1 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

R

E

L

A

X

Rojo is here to soothe your worries.  

17/120/2 week 1 

In other words, more carries or yards than he had in literally any game last season, or in his career. 

But hey, on the bright side, at least he doesn’t have to compete against the virtuoso Peyton Barber anymore. Now that he’s out from under that behemoth’s shadow and only has to compete with last year’s RB7 in ppr this year, it’s looking like breakout time RoJo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 pages on Rojo, 23 more than he deserves...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

I have to believe anybody with half a brain that drafted Fournette before him being cut they knew there was question marks. His past injuries, stacked boxes, Jacksonville offense etc... screamed be very careful. Guys who drafted after getting cut got a damn bargain (round 9/10) are hoping for a re-injunavated Larry. And then those who drafted after signing seems like got a decent discount. Like I said before we have no idea. Time will tell.

These (look how smart I am) posts are a complete joke, but they make great reading. 

let’s all keep the jokes coming.. 😆

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

In other words, more carries or yards than he had in literally any game last season, or in his career. 

But hey, on the bright side, at least he doesn’t have to compete against the virtuoso Peyton Barber anymore. Now that he’s out from under that behemoth’s shadow and only has to compete with last year’s RB7 in ppr this year, it’s looking like breakout time RoJo.

They need an angry emoji for posts like this

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

This whole coaching staff is full of it. Full of it all off-season. Leftwich is a teacher's pet of Arians- no doubt.

Also- gifted = / = good on the field or translate on the field. Rojo will be relevant once or if injuries start to occur. 

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

This whole coaching staff is full of it. Full of it all off-season. Leftwich is a teacher's pet of Arians- no doubt.

Also- gifted = / = good on the field or translate on the field. Rojo will be relevant once or if injuries start to occur. 

No one knows what will happen. Well will see Sunday. Im just posting relevant coaching quotes.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

RoJo cannot screw up or Fournette will pass him up.

RoJo has always been on a short leash.  Which is a damn shame cause hes a big time play maker.  If hes given 15~ touches a game hes going to be sick value. Just get him out in space and let him do his thing.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

If true, crazy that they let Peyton Barber go—if the ultra-gifted RoJo couldn’t beat out Barber in two years, they made a big mistake and need to call Washington to make sure they understand that they have a star riding the bench in their backfield.

Unfortunately for Leftwich, the only gift involved with RoJo is when he inevitably coughs up the rock and gifts possession back to the defense. 

Edited by AnchorDown

Just now, AnchorDown said:

If true, crazy that they let Peyton Barber go—if the ultra-gifted RoJo couldn’t beat out Barber in two years, they made a big mistake and need to call Washington to make sure they understand that they have a star riding the bench in their backfield.

Unfortunately for Leftwich, the only gift involved with RoJo is when he inevitably coughs up the rock and gifts possession back to the offense.

It could be both(he is ultra gifted, but also hasn't been able to put it all together). I know Rojo is the rotoworld whipping boy so it's fun to pile on but RB isn't as easy as it looks, otherwise guys like Christine Michael would've flourished. The light goes on for some guys eventually and for some guys it doesn't. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

Unfortunately for Leftwich, the only gift involved with RoJo is when he inevitably coughs up the rock and gifts possession back to the defense. 

Your bias is so clear. Rather than come to this board and mock ROJO, why dont you go to LF thread and praise him? It's cause as a LF owner you feel insecure, and you want ROJO owners to feel the same. All good though. I know what I own in ROJO.  Sunday is right around the corner.

Talk is cheap.  Leftwich can say whatever he wants.  Rojo needs to perform, period, or he's going to the bench.

A LOT of eyes will be on that game LOL.  If I had to handicap what we will see, I'd go with -

1.  20% - Rojo balls out and Fournette gets a handful of touches.  Rojo strengthens his grip on the starting role

2.  60% - Rojo plays like Rojo and we go another week of speculating if/when Fournette will get more carries (and angry fighting on this board)

3.  10% - Tampa surprises us with a committee out of the gate.  We get an unpredictable timeshare going into week 2.

4.  5% - Rojo plays poorly and/or makes a big mistake, and Fournette takes over midgame

5.  5% - Fournette gets the surprise start.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Talk is cheap.  Leftwich can say whatever he wants.  Rojo needs to perform, period, or he's going to the bench.

A LOT of eyes will be on that game LOL.  If I had to handicap what we will see, I'd go with -

1.  20% - Rojo balls out and Fournette gets a handful of touches.  Rojo strengthens his grip on the starting role

2.  60% - Rojo plays like Rojo and we go another week of speculating if/when Fournette will get more carries (and angry fighting on this board)

3.  10% - Tampa surprises us with a committee out of the gate.  We get an unpredictable timeshare going into week 2.

4.  5% - Rojo plays poorly and/or makes a big mistake, and Fournette takes over midgame

5.  5% - Fournette gets the surprise start.

Hypocrisy within the anti Rojo group:

Talk is cheap when coaches talk up Rojo

But yet yall thrive off of the Arians quote of "4net will have a solid role week 1"

51 hours!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1