affliction

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook

14 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

If true, crazy that they let Peyton Barber go—if the ultra-gifted RoJo couldn’t beat out Barber in two years, they made a big mistake and need to call Washington to make sure they understand that they have a star riding the bench in their backfield.

Unfortunately for Leftwich, the only gift involved with RoJo is when he inevitably coughs up the rock and gifts possession back to the defense. 

Context.  RoJo is young was learning the offense and getting acclimated to The NFL.  There's a reason they say to target 3rd year breakouts.

RoJo has lost 2 fumbles in his young career... Seems like youre going way out on a limb to brand him of that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Your bias is so clear. Rather than come to this board and mock ROJO, why dont you go to LF thread and praise him? It's cause as a LF owner you feel insecure, and you want ROJO owners to feel the same. All good though. I know what I own in ROJO.  Sunday is right around the corner.

Praise LF for what?  He’s been a monstrous bust of a pick and the worst team in football just cut him before the season because nobody would give them a pick for him. Fournette has as much, if not more, to prove than ROJO. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Hypocrisy within the anti Rojo group:

Talk is cheap when coaches talk up Rojo

But yet yall thrive off of the Arians quote of "4net will have a solid role week 1"

51 hours!

Exactly. Talk is cheap when it does not fit the bitter Fournette owners argument. If the coach came out today and said Fournette is our guy all these guys saying talk is cheap would have 500 posts talking Fournette up. Talk would no longer be cheap. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just stoking the fire to keep it interesting, gents :)

Nobody knows what the hell is going to happen in this backfield, but it is fun as hell to speculate. Situations like this are what make fantasy football and specifically these forums a fun diversion. It’s true that I’m not high on RoJo, but like anyone else who is being honest with themselves I could see a wide range of outcomes for what will come out of this backfield in 2020. I don’t take myself seriously enough to really have an emotional or intellectual stake in the RoJo v. Fournette argument, despite what I post on these devilishly fun forums. In all honestly, I like my Vandy boy Vaughn the best of the three and am rooting for him more than anyone, though he clearly seems the odd man out in this conversation.

I know you all will be eagerly refreshing the box score of the Bucs game this Sunday, just like I will be, to see how this plays out. Ain’t it beautiful? Football is back!!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

Exactly. Talk is cheap when it does not fit the bitter Fournette owners argument. If the coach came out today and said Fournette is our guy all these guys saying talk is cheap would have 500 posts talking Fournette up. Talk would no longer be cheap. 

Agree.  It goes both ways.  I would say that some talk is less cheap than others.  Arians saying "Rojo is the starter" or "Fournette will have a solid role" is a lot stronger than Byron Leftwich saying he thinks Rojo is good.  But this is a fair point.  We all need to see what happens on Sunday.  Bottom line is that they are going for a Superbowl so they absolutely will be playing the better guy.  One or the other needs to separate (and if neither does...ugly committee).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

Just stoking the fire to keep it interesting, gents :)

Nobody knows what the hell is going to happen in this backfield, but it is fun as hell to speculate. Situations like this are what make fantasy football and specifically these forums a fun diversion. It’s true that I’m not high on RoJo, but like anyone else who is being honest with themselves I could see a wide range of outcomes for what will come out of this backfield in 2020. I don’t take myself seriously enough to really have an emotional or intellectual stake in the RoJo v. Fournette argument, despite what I post on these devilishly fun forums. In all honestly, I like my Vandy boy Vaughn the best of the three and am rooting for him more than anyone, though he clearly seems the odd man out in this conversation.

I know you all will be eagerly refreshing the box score of the Bucs game this Sunday, just like I will be, to see how this plays out. Ain’t it beautiful? Football is back!!

Amen to that.  But back to stoking the fire.

RoJo's upside is insanely higher than Fournette's.  Younger, faster, more moves, more time spent in the offense.

But I will say to the "Fournette has no value because no other team would trade for him arguement" that was much more so based on Fournette's contract rather than his talents and abilities.  He cleared waivers because teams didn't want to take the 4.2M cap hit right before the season started during a pandemic. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

lots of fake news in fantasy lol its all about what fits the narrative..if im arians and i have an old mccoy and a bunch of unprovens i pick up the veteran on the cheap regardless of how well rojo looks in training camp...if you dont do that your stupid....does that mean rojo is not the guy? no not at all....but now you feel dam good about your depth at the position...especially when this may be a one and done year....how many years can the buccs expect to get out of brady? this is their time so its do whatever gives you the best team possible..to me this is all about rojo and if he can handle prime time...if he falters then LF will likely take over or it will be a messy RBBC backfield...but on the positive side for us rojo owners is he has looked good in training camp, had a alot of time with brady, and has been giving the praise for it....lets hope for our sake rojo can beast this sunday

Fournette will dominate this backfield. I remember MANY people telling me that Jamal Williams would be the lead back over Jones a couple of years ago. Many were telling me it would be a full blown committee all season. I took Jones around the 11th round in nearly all my drafts that season because if you watch the tape, the talent level WASN’T EVEN CLOSE. My own brother argued with me that “even McCarthy said Williams was the guy! You think you know more than the HEAD COACH!? I’ll go with what the HC is saying”. 

Have to be able to see through the smoke. Fournette is the guy. Trade Jones NOW while he still has a little value left 

Edited by Uncle_Ruckus
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Fournette will dominate this backfield. I remember MANY people telling me that Jamal Williams would be the lead back over Jones a couple of years ago. Many were telling me it would be a full blown committee all season. I took Jones around the 11th round in nearly all my drafts that season because if you watch the tape, the talent level WASN’T EVEN CLOSE. My own brother argued with me that “even McCarthy said Williams was the guy!”

Have to be able to see through the smoke. Fournette is the guy. Trade Jones NOW while he still has a little value left 

I can just feel the Rojo crowd seething at this post.

I don't think the talent gap is that big.  Rojo was a 2nd rounder after all.  Most of his issues have been with things outside of purely running, like pass pro.  He absolutely needs to be a complete back now, with no weaknesses, if he wants to keep the gig.  Fournette was an every down banger last year and has shown he can do everything a RB has to do.  The only player with a higher % snap count was CMC.

This thread is gonna be real entertaining on Sunday night.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kp96 said:

I can just feel the Rojo crowd seething at this post.

I don't think the talent gap is that big.  Rojo was a 2nd rounder after all.  Most of his issues have been with things outside of purely running, like pass pro.  He absolutely needs to be a complete back now, with no weaknesses, if he wants to keep the gig.  Fournette was an every down banger last year and has shown he can do everything a RB has to do.  The only player with a higher % snap count was CMC.

This thread is gonna be real entertaining on Sunday night.

Bishop Sanky was a 2nd rd pick too. Jones can still be useful this season—carrying Fournette’s shoulder pads and helmet to the bus after the games 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bishop Sanky was a 2nd rd pick too. Jones can still be useful this season—carrying Fournette’s shoulder pads and helmet to the bus after the games 😎

Fournette will be nothing more than a TD vulture.  RoJo should dominate Fournette in touches and yards per touch.

• Haha 1

Just now, FouLLine said:

Fournette will be nothing more than a TD vulture.  RoJo should dominate Fournette in touches and yards per touch.

Let’s talk again by week 4 😃

• Like 1

Just now, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Let’s talk again by week 4 😃

I look forward to your formal & public eating of crow.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Fournette will dominate this backfield. I remember MANY people telling me that Jamal Williams would be the lead back over Jones a couple of years ago. Many were telling me it would be a full blown committee all season. I took Jones around the 11th round in nearly all my drafts that season because if you watch the tape, the talent level WASN’T EVEN CLOSE. My own brother argued with me that “even McCarthy said Williams was the guy! You think you know more than the HEAD COACH!? I’ll go with what the HC is saying”. 

not even close of an argument....LF is not even close to what AJ is.. LF is like jamal wiliams and rojo is a better version of jamal williams lol the argument for williams that year was pass protection....when the pack started losing games they turned to jones despite being not as good at pass protection to provide a spark

Edited by Power-O

Just now, FouLLine said:

I look forward to your formal & public eating of crow.

Many look forward to it but it never happens 😔. This crowd got really riled up when I said Bell would be a bust at his ADP last yr. I predicted his rushing yards, YPC, and TD total almost on the nose last yr. 

The FF prophet has spoken. None will be spared the rod who do not heed the chosen one’s prophecy. May God have mercy on your soul 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Power-O said:

not even close of an argument....LF is not even close to what AJ is.. LF is like jamal wiliams and rojo is a better version of jamal williams lol the argument for williams that year was pass protection....when the pack started losing games they turned to jones despite being not as good at pass protection to provide a spark

I’ve heard it all, pal. Get in line with the others 

1 minute ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Many look forward to it but it never happens 😔. This crowd got really riled up when I said Bell would be a bust at his ADP last yr. I predicted his rushing yards, YPC, and TD total almost on the nose last yr. 

The FF prophet has spoken. None will be spared the rod who do not heed the chosen one’s prophecy. May God have mercy on your soul 

bro all u needed to kno last year to make that prediction was that gase was the coach and he came out publicly saying i dont like leveon bell and then got the gm WHO HIRED HIM FIRED lol 

I’ve heard it all, pal. Get in line with the others 

i just stated the facts...you seem to have a hard time with that lol

1 minute ago, Power-O said:

bro all u needed to kno last year to make that prediction was that gase was the coach and he came out publicly saying i dont like leveon bell and then got the gm WHO HIRED HIM FIRED lol 

And yet he was still being drafted in the 2 and 3rd rounds of every fantasy draft. Why didn’t everyone else get the memo? People were ferociously arguing with my prediction before the season which turned out to be nearly identical to his stat line 

1 minute ago, Power-O said:

i just stated the facts...you seem to have a hard time with that lol

Let’s come back and talk as the season progresses 😈

• Like 1

Just now, Uncle_Ruckus said:

And yet he was still being drafted in the 2 and 3rd rounds of every fantasy draft. Why didn’t everyone else get the memo? People were ferociously arguing with my prediction before the season which turned out to be nearly identical to his stat line 

i didnt lmao i had the 6th pick and picked adams over him who then went 7th lol

I can't wait until RoJo has 14 carries for 56 yards and a TD to LF's 8 carries and zero TD's and RoJo truthers think they've won the war in week 1. It will be just enough to keep them hanging on so that they are in full tilt mode when they have their inevitable run-in with reality.

Edited by paulwall29
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

I can't wait until RoJo has 14 carries for 56 yards and a TD to LF's 8 carries and zero TD's and RoJo truthers think they've won the war in week 1. It will be just enough to keep them hanging on so that they are in full tilt mode when they have their inevitable run-in with reality.

I can't wait either

spacer.png

3 hours ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

So he's not self-motivated. Got it. 

This is a league where you're either all-in self-motivated, or you're out. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1