affliction

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook

Anyone have any info on running backs in year 3 who came onto the scene after not being able to beat our sub par talent in their first two years? Derrick Henry comes to mind to me immediately, but the difference there was that he was almost an enigma considering he continued to produce with limited opportunities and for whatever reason, the coaching staff refused to make him the bellcow. We see how that ended up turning out—the guy just needed an opportunity to shine as the lead guy. RoJo is not in that same category, though I’ll say his last game was definitely his best game. 

Any historical comps for RoJo going from not being able to beat Peyton Barber out in two years, and then elevating to RB2 status in his third year?

4 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

Anyone have any info on running backs in year 3 who came onto the scene after not being able to beat our sub par talent in their first two years? Derrick Henry comes to mind to me immediately, but the difference there was that he was almost an enigma considering he continued to produce with limited opportunities and for whatever reason, the coaching staff refused to make him the bellcow. We see how that ended up turning out—the guy just needed an opportunity to shine as the lead guy. RoJo is not in that same category, though I’ll say his last game was definitely his best game. 

Any historical comps for RoJo going from not being able to beat Peyton Barber out in two years, and then elevating to RB2 status in his third year?

well you just gave one in Henry. Also Aaron Jones Raheem Mostert Mark Ingram all had delayed breakouts 

20 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Why are there so many Fournette truthers in the RoJo thread? 🤔

Welcome to RW, n00b.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

It’s more fun to have discussions with people who may see things differently than you than to be in a thread where everyone is circle jerking over a player they all are inherently biased towards by virtue of their league roster. There’s a place for agreement and rejoice over consensus, sure, but there’s also a place for petty squabbles and semantic arguments. It’s the heart of Rotoworld. It’s good to test your convictions every once in a while—and to raise the stakes a little by being a contrarian in a thread which would otherwise be echoing consensus opinions. You should try it sometime, you’ll have way more fun around here. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

You should try it sometime, you’ll have way more fun around here. 

Going into players threads and smacking the beehive with a broom talking about how the guy sucks and his teammate is about to take the job? You're right, it actually is pretty fun

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Are player threads supposed to be exclusively for people who own the subject player? You want a onfirmation bias/echo chamber? Honestly, it's best for every single thread on RW if dissenters come in as well. #1 to hear other points of view, #2 for entertainment value as truthers lose their cool.

I go into player threads all the time when I have no shares of the player, and I also go to ones where I own shares.

Y'all need a safe space, honestly? Let's see how RoJo does. I've made it known I think he's garbage. Mainly eye test. Both have had YPC issues, but Fournette at least does serious work in the receiving game and is a high effort guy. But hey, maybe Fournette is garbage too. Maybe it's Vaughn szn.

My bet is Lenny though.

Edited by fawkes_mulder
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Se reason so man lesean mccoy owners where in damien William's thread last year

2 hours ago, AnchorDown said:

It’s more fun to have discussions with people who may see things differently than you than to be in a thread where everyone is circle jerking over a player they all are inherently biased towards by virtue of their league roster. There’s a place for agreement and rejoice over consensus, sure, but there’s also a place for petty squabbles and semantic arguments. It’s the heart of Rotoworld. It’s good to test your convictions every once in a while—and to raise the stakes a little by being a contrarian in a thread which would otherwise be echoing consensus opinions. You should try it sometime, you’ll have way more fun around here. 

What's funny is all the Fournette owners are in the RoJo thread.  All the RoJo owners are in the Fournette thread.  Therefore, everyone is still circle jerking, just in the wrong place.

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I drafted him and Leonard, I’m sitting back waiting for the smoke to clear as to who’s team this will be. 

Most likely RoJo for until about week 5 or so. Then Fournette will literally run away with the job and RoJo will become a COP back 

Edited by TwoCan Sam

3 hours ago, TwoCan Sam said:

Most likely RoJo for until about week 5 or so. Then Fournette will literally run away with the job and RoJo will become a COP back 

Dream on

The only thing Leo has ever run away from is a salad 🥗 

• Haha 1

Just now, Impreza178 said:

Dream on

The only thing Leo has ever run away from is a salad 🥗 

He had about 1600 yards from scrimmage last year on a severely talent lacking Jaguars team. I think it’s plenty fair to expect he can hold down a large role in the Buccaneers offense.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

Are player threads supposed to be exclusively for people who own the subject player? You want a onfirmation bias/echo chamber? Honestly, it's best for every single thread on RW if dissenters come in as well. #1 to hear other points of view, #2 for entertainment value as truthers lose their cool.

I go into player threads all the time when I have no shares of the player, and I also go to ones where I own shares.

Y'all need a safe space, honestly? Let's see how RoJo does. I've made it known I think he's garbage. Mainly eye test. Both have had YPC issues, but Fournette at least does serious work in the receiving game and is a high effort guy. But hey, maybe Fournette is garbage too. Maybe it's Vaughn szn.

My bet is Lenny though.

If you think RoJo is "garbage" you obviously haven't watched him run.

Your boy LF tho, he fell off a cliff last year.  His last 7 games were terrible.

I'm pretty sure itll end up being RoJo the work horse yardage back then Fournette inside the 20 will TD vulture.  But not enough to justify him being a starting fantasy running back, but a soso flex play.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, owenmills said:

Going into players threads and smacking the beehive with a broom talking about how the guy sucks and his teammate is about to take the job? You're right, it actually is pretty fun

That is prime Rotoworld. It's not rotoworld if this isn't happening in multiple running back threads lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2020 at 11:40 PM, FouLLine said:

If you think RoJo is "garbage" you obviously haven't watched him run.

Your boy LF tho, he fell off a cliff last year.  His last 7 games were terrible.

I'm pretty sure itll end up being RoJo the work horse yardage back then Fournette inside the 20 will TD vulture.  But not enough to justify him being a starting fantasy running back, but a soso flex play.

you’re kidding....right?

• Like 1

Locked and loaded in my lineup. Not sure if my slacks are ready, but my body is

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

McCoy, Fournette, Jones, Vaughn

That’s a whole lot of mouths. 

Scratch McCoy & Vaughn off the list. The Tampa backfield is Fournette or Jones 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Scratch McCoy & Vaughn off the list. The Tampa backfield is Fournette or Jones 

they are on the team still correct?

definitely not crossing them off. I think you are making a huge presumption. 

Edited by dudewithabadcat

2 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

they are on the team still correct?

The same way that Davis and Cannon are mouths on the Panthers. 

Fournette owners that didn't watch any Rojo snaps last season: he's garbage and Lenny will take over the lead role easily

Rojo owners that didn't watch any Fournette snaps last season: he's garbage without high volume and Rojo will retain the lead role easily

People that owned both/actually watched both play last season: I hate this why have the fantasy gods forsaken me

• Like 3