affliction

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

You didn't read the entirety of my post. I'm interested in what analysts and scouts think today. You can pull up scouting reports on Ki Jana Carter from his draft year and they're stellar.

Scouts generally don’t study NFL stars.  I’ll look, though - I want to save you any troub.  Just continue sitting - we will get you the info.

Bubble bath is waiting!!!

Edited by BMcP
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

You see now that - I mean now that - is some elite-caliber comedy.

Awwww shucks

3 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

Awwww shucks

That’s the soft spot you need for Ronald Jones this year!

We can’t wait!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BMcP said:

That’s the soft spot you need for Ronald Jones this year!

We can’t wait!

Ronald Jones def makes me soft....

1 minute ago, paulwall29 said:

Ronald Jones def makes me soft....

TMI.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

Get your mind out of the gutter BMcP!

I think it was in the bath.

22 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Bubble bath is waiting!!!

steve+martin+bath.gif

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I think we can safely say that so far, this has been the most informative page of the entire thread. I think it easily beats most of the Brady 2020 thread.

• Like 4

All the twitter hype and general hype for Vaughan is pointing to all roads of buying Ronald Jones low wherever possible. People say he stinks, and he can't improve. As the previous poster attested- RoJo is capable of making improvements year after year in the league competition he is in 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I think we can safely say that so far, this has been the most informative page of the entire thread. I think it easily beats most of the Brady 2020 thread.

The real information was the friends we made along the way.

• Thanks 1

After Brady gets knocked out from a RoJo missed block. The team will bench him.    ....I have seen worse predictions..😲.

12 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

After Brady gets knocked out from a RoJo missed block. The team will bench him.    ....I have seen worse predictions..😲.

As a Brady and Rojo stan this what scares me most.

6 minutes ago, sSektor said:

As a Brady and Rojo stan this what scares me most.

The Stidham part is what should scare you most.

40 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

What will happen when Vaughan, an unproven rookie that is a 3rd rounder (2nd round in RB equity...still.), who is touted for pass protection in the COLLEGE ranks, blows a protection and gets Brady sacked?

This could be a hot hand situation, but the passing weapons are too dangerous to not allow the RB in this offense to accrue value. Jones may be inconsistent, but his ADP is too enticing. 

7 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

What will happen when Vaughan, an unproven rookie that is a 3rd rounder (2nd round in RB equity...still.), who is touted for pass protection in the COLLEGE ranks, blows a protection and gets Brady sacked?

This could be a hot hand situation, but the passing weapons are too dangerous to not allow the RB in this offense to accrue value. Jones may be inconsistent, but his ADP is too enticing. 

No one could pass block at RB last year - even though Jones was employed about three times more frequently in that department than his peers.  If Vaughn is better at that, he’ll see the field often.  But the O-line really needs to do a better job overall - Arians typically doesn’t rely that heavily on an RB to do blocking.

26 minutes ago, BMcP said:

No one could pass block at RB last year - even though Jones was employed about three times more frequently in that department than his peers.  If Vaughn is better at that, he’ll see the field often.  But the O-line really needs to do a better job overall - Arians typically doesn’t rely that heavily on an RB to do blocking.

He relied on Godwin out the slot for some blocking , and his TE’s of course. 

Although I like Vaughn more, I agree with everyone that RoJo is well worth the risk at his ADP. I prefer Vaughns upside in season long because of his pass catching ability but RoJo is the better bargain, no doubt. 

The young lady in your profile pic may have been a bigger bargain for Jerrah @paulwall29.

It appears to me that she may not be a "natural blonde."

As for Ronald Jones, he had better be dirt, dirt cheap if we are bargain hunting.

Otherwise, I have higher ambitions for my redraft RB6.

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2020 at 11:25 PM, joshua18 said:

Edited by markrc99

On 5/10/2020 at 11:25 PM, joshua18 said:

“Why in the world would he [Ronald Jones] face stacked boxes with Godwin and Evans on the outside? Rojo <<<<< a JAG“

The same reason(s) Peyton Barber was 2nd in that category & #1 in the avg number of defenders he faced in the box (7.4)! To force that OL to pass protect & Winston to throw. It’s just that... he’s no longer the QB, they got some other guy. 

• Like 1

When you compare what Jones did at 22 against NFL competition and what Vaughn did at 22 against CFB competition how is Jones not the favorite here.

Rookie fever hits every year and I think the lack of other sports is causing It to be more exaggerated this year. There’s 3 pretty common arguments as to why Vaughn is the back to own in this backfield.

1. “Vaughn is a better receiver” 

Jones was tied for 3rd amongst RBs in YPR only behind Ekeler and DJ (2 RBs who play WR quite a bit). So to say Vaughn is going to be the RB to own because he’s a better as a pass catcher is false as Jones had more catches and yards in the NFL than Vaughn did last year in college.

2. “Jones can’t pass protect”

Vaughn was more physically and mentally mature than almost all of his opponents last season, add in the fact that college schemes aren’t nearly as complicated as NFL schemes I refuse to believe this one as well,  if/when he proves it in the NFL I’ll believe it but for now to say his pass pro is better than Jones’ would be an opinion that cant be backed up.

3. “Vaughn is BA’s pick”

Wrong they are both Jason Licht’s picks. Does BA have some pull in the draft room, yeah all coaches do but ultimately the GM makes the pick and Licht picked both. 

Rojo fantasy RB1 in 2020 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1