affliction

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, scheibler said:

Absolutely nobody spent a 2nd on LF. Most didn't even have to spend a 3rd and alot got him much later then Rojo. Just take the L and quit being salty

That's where i'm confused. Definitely went middle and later rounds after rojo. 

3 minutes ago, Guwop said:

That's where i'm confused. Definitely went middle and later rounds after rojo. 

Really? I thought Fournette's ADP was higher than Rojo's. He definitely went a few rounds before Rojo in both my leagues which drafted in September

Edited by owenmills

1 minute ago, owenmills said:

Really? I thought Fournette's ADP was higher than Rojo's. He definitely went a few rounds before Rojo in both my leagues

Yep. He went way higher in all drafts before he was cut by JAX. Those were the people standing up for him after he got cut. All they could do at that point.

Edited by FantasyGeek2018

3 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Really? I thought Fournette's ADP was higher than Rojo's. He definitely went a few rounds before Rojo in both my leagues which drafted in September

It depends when you drafted.  My draft was after Fournette was signed by Tampa so I got him in the 6th.  Rojo went in the 10th.  But if you drafted before Fournette was cut, I could see him going like 3rd.

Note - The only way I see Fournette going lower than Rojo was in that period where he had no team.  Otherwise, he should have gone before Rojo in every draft.

Edited by kp96
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, owenmills said:

we drafted right before opening night. Folks who drafted after he was cut from jax got him after rojo. Even when he was signed by tampa bay he was still going after rojo in some leagues. Fournette def wasn't an early round pick tho

34 minutes ago, Guwop said:

we drafted right before opening night. Folks who drafted after he was cut from jax got him after rojo. Even when he was signed by tampa bay he was still going after rojo in some leagues. Fournette def wasn't an early round pick tho

I'm not sure how accurate that is. Both my leagues drafted within a week of the first game and Fournette went before Rojo both times

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I'm not sure how accurate that is. Both my leagues drafted within a week of the first game and Fournette went before Rojo both times

had guys who were also hyped on rojo fwiw

16 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Yeah.  I posted earlier that literally every fantasy website had fournette higher on their draft boards than Rojo after Tampa picked up fournette.  Somehow this was dismissed here as irrelevant.  In any case, fournette should have gone ahead of Rojo in a majority of drafts.

Edited by kp96

6 minutes ago, Guwop said:

had guys who were also hyped on rojo fwiw

Ok, but what were the consensus rankings(ADP)? I'll give you the answer, Fournette was ahead of Rojo. 

29 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Yea, my 7 leagues drafted 7 to 1 days before the first game.

Fournette was always a 6th or 7th rounder, except one league he went in the 5th.

RoJo was always a 9th or 10th rounder, except one league he went in the 8th.

FWIW, I'd have taken RoJo in the 5th or 6th if we'd drafted before the Fournette signing, while I'd have considered Fournette in the 4th or 5th prior to him getting released.

Be that as it may, RoJo lost his job with that fumble.  He's unplayable until something happens to Fournette.  RoJo might, though i don't think it's likely, get a chance as the lesser portion of a timeshare, but I think Fournette is probably a heavy usage starter from this point forward... [edit: with RoJo as no more than a cuff]

Edited by SadFaceHappy

1 minute ago, owenmills said:

Ok, but what were the consensus rankings(ADP)? I'll give you the answer, Fournette was ahead of Rojo. 

and it looks like it's panning out. Was he a consensus 2nd or 3rd round pick after he got dropped? 

^^ This. It surprised me and I thought maybe a few people just weren't up to date on real league info. But it looks like they're the ones laughing now. RoJo might be toast. Brady does not like mistakes and that fumble was pretty bad. I'm not sold that Fournette is anything special, but there's a good chance this is his job to lose now. Even if this is still a split backfield, it's probably going to favor Fournette. Fournette is anything but an iron man though, so hold and hope.

15 hours ago, Deke said:

Dumbest ******** website I’ve ever seen 

Lol true, but i think it is fair to say Fournette has above-average risk of injury.

Any Fournette owners trade for Rojo yet?  If so, what did you give up for him?

Looks like I was wrong. Congrats to 4net owners. Still not dropping RoJo yet and won’t start him week 3. McCoy will be worked out of the game plan soon. 

• Like 1

Don't know if you should drop. Have to wait at least another week to see what happens. Was this a one week punishment or is Tommy done with him? The sad thing is at best it's now a full blown RBBC because of Rojo's boneheadedness, which limits both of their upside. At worst Rojo is the backup now and just a handcuff. Week 3 will provide some clarity. 

31 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Any Fournette owners trade for Rojo yet?  If so, what did you give up for him?

I tried to get RoJo for John Brown, dude wouldn't bite.

On 9/13/2020 at 5:09 PM, FantasyGeek2018 said:

There was never a doubt. The RoJo owners were correct and the Fournette owners were wrong. Don't waste time with the excuses.

This is not going to age well. 

22 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

This is not going to age well. 

Total silence in this thread for a week from scared no faith Fournette owners. Too late to comment on this stuff now after another game.

There should be total silence from Rojo owners for the next week

Rojo will get about the same snaps as Fournette next week.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Don't know if you should drop. Have to wait at least another week to see what happens. Was this a one week punishment or is Tommy done with him? The sad thing is at best it's now a full blown RBBC because of Rojo's boneheadedness, which limits both of their upside. At worst Rojo is the backup now and just a handcuff. Week 3 will provide some clarity. 

Yeah.  I'd say it is at least a RBBC now for sure, so Rojo's value as a fullitme starter is done for now.  But who knows....last year, Shady looked to be taking over the KC backfield and a couple bad fumbles gave it right back to DWill.

I wouldn't be all that comfortable starting Fournette, even with this past weekend.  Not a given he is a 20 touch guy next week.

56 minutes ago, owenmills said:

“Don't know if you should drop. Have to wait at least another week to see what happens. Was this a one week punishment or is Tommy done with him? The sad thing is at best it's now a full blown RBBC because of Rojo's boneheadedness, which limits both of their upside. At worst Rojo is the backup now and just a handcuff. Week 3 will provide some clarity.”

I expect Fournette to be named the starter, why wouldn’t he be? Assuming you’re referring to the fumble, it was officially attributed to Brady and rightfully so. On that type of run, it’s the QB’s responsibility to ensure the exchange. But you’d be correct in stating that Jones was the one held accountable as the snap count then favored Fournette. That TD run he had at the end of the game was just a close out run, Jones, McCoy would’ve scored just as easily. It was probably their best blocked run of the game. Or perhaps, Carolina’s worst defended play. Fournette didn’t do anything special. 

Edited by markrc99
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

I expect Fournette to be named the starter, why wouldn’t he be? Assuming you’re referring to the fumble, it was officially attributed to Brady and rightfully so. On that type of run, it’s the QB’s responsibility to ensure the exchange. But you’d be correct in stating that Jones was the one held accountable as the snap count then favored Fournette. That TD run he had at the end of the game was just a close out run, Jones, McCoy would’ve scored just as easily. It was probably their best blocked run of the game. Or perhaps, Carolina’s worst defended play. Fournette didn’t do anything special. 

Yep, can't bench Brady and RoJo has always been the scapegoat. I'm not a big fan of Arians. Initially I was excited because I thought he was a football genius, but over the past two seasons he has been here I am growing really tired of him.

• Like 2