affliction

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook

Link starts at the "all on Ronald" fumble. 

I think its harsh to put that all on Jones, but I think it shows the short leash Jones is on. Feel bad for the guy

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

I think its harsh to put that all on Jones, but I think it shows the short leash Jones is on. Feel bad for the guy

Rojo had all last year to impress BA.  This weekend wasn't just bad luck for Rojo....it was a culmination of things.

Despite all the "Rojo is our starter, he's our guy" talk, it was clear as day after the Fournette signing exactly what BA thought of him.  Now we see him get benched for a mistake that 90% of the other starting RBs would not get benched for.  

BA was just looking for any opportunity to give Fournette the job and Rojo obliged.  Now BA is pinning the blame on Rojo so that he can start Fournette without any question.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

Rojo will get about the same snaps as Fournette next week.

I agree with this, but still it aint looking good for RoJo owners after 2 weeks..

49 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Link starts at the "all on Ronald" fumble. 

Damn, you know things are bad when the guy gets called by his full name, not RoJo or Ro.. Sadly looks like 4net is the guy 

1 minute ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Damn, you know things are bad when the guy gets called by his full name, not RoJo or Ro.. Sadly looks like 4net is the guy 

4net will do something dumb soon or get hurt

3 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

At least 50% chance of it, I agree. I dislike his smugness too, good things dont come to people who behave like him.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, RingMyBell said:

What will be interesting is if Fournette will have a longer leash or it's gonna be like Shady / DWill last year, where one seemed to have a leg up and then a blunder put the other guy ahead.  I'm pretty sure Fournette starts next week....BA is already laying the groundwork with his comments to the media....but what if Fournette fumbles next week?

1 minute ago, kp96 said:

What will be interesting is if Fournette will have a longer leash or it's gonna be like Shady / DWill last year, where one seemed to have a leg up and then a blunder put the other guy ahead.  I'm pretty sure Fournette starts next week....BA is already laying the groundwork with his comments to the media....but what if Fournette fumbles next week?

Despite Fournette putting in a great performance, I wouldn't say things are settled just yet. If you can afford to I think RoJo is a hold, even if I don't forsee myself starting him for the next couple of weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's all over kids.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It's all over kids.

I think it depends on what you mean by over.

Do you expect RoJo to be the sole back of the Team? Then, probably yes.

Do you expect RoJo to be a valuable fantasy contributor and member of a committee? Then maybe not. 

Do you expect RoJo to be the lead back in the committee? Don't know yet, not looking great but I'll reserve judgment for now. 

13 minutes ago, Rotofan24 said:

Do you expect RoJo to be a valuable fantasy contributor and member of a committee? Then maybe not. 

Do you expect RoJo to be the lead back in the committee? Don't know yet, not looking great but I'll reserve judgment for now. 

By all over, I mean it is all over.  Ronald goes back to the bench where he very firmly belongs.  There is no fixing the issues he has.

Jones will play significant snaps again in an emergency only.  By emergency, I mean a serious Fournette injury that occurs before Vaughn is ready for a significant role.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

By all over, I mean it is all over.  Ronald goes back to the bench where he very firmly belongs.  There is no fixing the issues he has.

Jones will play significant snaps again in an emergency only.  By emergency, I mean a serious Fournette injury that occurs before Vaughn is ready for a significant role.  

I think he will be part of a committee. What role he will play, I don't yet know and I think worth holding on to see. Thanks for stating your position clearly. 

I see Vaughn eventually overtaking Rojo on the depth chart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rotofan24 said:

The only hope Rojo has now is for Fournette to do a complete face plant.  This is possible.  But Fournette is CLEARLY in the driver's seat here and should be the lead back barring a surprise.

• Like 2

Some hope for you Rojo owners - https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/22/bucs-arent-switching-up-running-back-rotation/

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2020/09/21/bucs-bruce-arians-doesnt-plan-running-back-shuffle/

I don't know what to make of it.  The author is taking one statement from BA and running with it.  OTOH, it could be legit.

We may be looking at RBBC for a while, if this writer is right.  It could also be BA not tipping his hand so the opposition doesn't game plan for Fournette.  I dunno.  We'll see Sunday but certainly some positive news for Rojo owners.

Edited by kp96

14 hours ago, devaster said:

I see Vaughn eventually overtaking Rojo on the depth chart.

I don't understand all the Vaughn love in this forum.  No chance hes even close to the talent of Ronald Jones.

From a real life perspective, it makes sense to use both of them alot(provided neither does dumb stuff like fumbling handoffs). It just sucks for fantasy

10 minutes ago, owenmills said:

From a real life perspective, it makes sense to use both of them alot(provided neither does dumb stuff like fumbling handoffs). It just sucks for fantasy

Even if Fournette "takes over", I believe you'll see Rojo getting 7-10 carries per week.  It just makes too much sense to do that.  There are maybe a handful of teams that don't use a breather back and give 90%+ of their carries to their RB1.

Edited by kp96

10 minutes ago, Rotocious said:

I don't understand all the Vaughn love in this forum.  No chance hes even close to the talent of Ronald Jones.

Typically on RW, posters find someone that is owned in 2% of leagues and convince themselves they're the future because they can grab them in every league possible. Especially if it's a weird debate about who the "starter" is. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TheDoctor said:

This dude sucks. 

He just turned 23 and was the opening day starter for a playoff bound team... may have lost his spot to a former 4th overall pick.

He may have disappointed from where his potential could take him but who would have thought a week before the season TB was going to get Fournette?

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Typically on RW, posters find someone that is owned in 2% of leagues and convince themselves they're the future because they can grab them in every league possible. Especially if it's a weird debate about who the "starter" is. 

So you're telling me Lache Seastrunk isn't going to happen?

• Like 1

His problem is that he came to the league thinking it was all gonna be handed to him and he wouldn't have to work hard. That cost him year #1. Then mistakes put him in the spot he is currently in. Arians is a dick and will never give Jones the keys. One has to get outta here and I think it's Jones.

1 hour ago, owenmills said:

So you're telling me Lache Seastrunk isn't going to happen?

With a name like that, it'll happen. 

It might be adult films or painting murals on buildings, but it'll happen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1