affliction

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook

People taking victory laps on Fournette taking over the backfield are a bit premature IMO. I’ve said before 50/50 split between RoJo and Fournette is the end result. McCoy is already being worked out, snap share down from 36% week 1 to 18% week 2. There will be no workhorse in this backfield without an injury

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

Fournette until he gets hurt.  Then, if he's ready, Vaughn.

Lots of doom and gloom in here. While RoJo will get benched in my lineup this week, this is going to be a fluid backfield all season. There are reasons Jax dumped Fournette to go with their own undrafted rookie, and not all of them involving tanking.

+ I see Fournette taking the "hot hand" in Week 3, but RoJo is still going to be involved.

+ I see Fournette having some good games, but this is the same guy who may get 5 yards on 5 carries again like he did in Week 1. He could even do it this coming week against the Denver D.

+ I see RoJo reclaiming the "starting" role, and forming a tandem with Fournette where depending on script, RoJo plays the early, establishing downs and Fournette plays the catching downs and breather rotations... similar to Aaron Jones/Jamaal Williams on GB last year. 

+ In a year with so little time to prepare and major injuries common, either back could get hurt at any given time, opening up carries for the other.

If there's better production out there, might as well pick them up ahead of RoJo. But with the way RBs are dropping like flies, RoJo is still a strong hold candidate even if he's a weak starting option this week.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Def a hold with all the injuries piling up but as long as fournette is healthy (and doesn't do anything dumb off field) it's not looking good. Still alot of season left but that lead back/Rb1 train is gone for now

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

RIP Rojo owners. I suggest you try making a trade for Fournette. Rojo is a certified backup in this league  

Lol. A little early for this. 

Absolutely looks bad but everyone is assuming it’s the Fournette show 

I’m looking forward to returning to this thread. when RoJo gets a least a 50/50 split next game and everyone is bitching at Arians for screwing up their feel good point chasing lineup set.  

He’s still the starter. And all it takes is one long run..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Lol. A little early for this. 

Absolutely looks bad but everyone is assuming it’s the Fournette show 

I’m looking forward to returning to this thread. when RoJo gets a least a 50/50 split next game and everyone is bitching at Arians for screwing up their feel good point chasing lineup set.  

He’s still the starter. And all it takes is one long run..

There was never any competition. I said by week 4 Fournette will be dominating touches. Looks like he’s a week ahead of schedule. Take it from me, a FF God/legend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

There was never any competition. I said by week 4 Fournette will be dominating touches. Looks like he’s a week ahead of schedule. Take it from me, a FF God/legend. 

See you Sunday 😃

9 hours ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Which are you, a God or a legend?

A God implies omnipresence and/or predestination.

A legend implies historical anecdote and/or societal myth.

I need to know which one you are so that I can interpret personal meaning to the writings you left regarding Ronald Jones II.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Pride comes before the fall, Uncle Rucks 

• Like 1

BA is killing me.  Now he's talking about "no need for a switch" and "fournette still doesn't know the full offense" in his most recent quotes.  Rojo owners, you may not be dead quite yet.

Sucks that there is so much ambiguity here, since they have a great matchup.

If someone can post practice reports (i.e. see which back is running with the 1's), that would be very helpful.

Edited by kp96

Oy. Was hoping to drop this dude, but now I gotta hold another week to feel out BA's cryptic BS. I should have learned from last year. Shame on me.

42 minutes ago, kp96 said:

BA is killing me.  Now he's talking about "no need for a switch" and "fournette still doesn't know the full offense" in his most recent quotes.  Rojo owners, you may not be dead quite yet.

Sucks that there is so much ambiguity here, since they have a great matchup.

If someone can post practice reports (i.e. see which back is running with the 1's), that would be very helpful.

You can scout around Twitter for such info and not rely on others when you don't have to. 

Jones and Fournette will be a headache to sort out until one gets hurt (it will happen). I don't see Jones going anywhere. I think Fournette will be their closer and Jones their starter so to speak.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, richiec26 said:

Jones and Fournette will be a headache to sort out until one gets hurt (it will happen). I don't see Jones going anywhere. I think Fournette will be their closer and Jones their starter so to speak.

Well if you listen to BA, that's exactly what he will do.  Denver is very banged up on offense so you should expect game script to favor TB, but I still don't feel all that great about starting Fournette.  I don't think you can start Rojo at all, obviously.

2 hours ago, richiec26 said:

How dare you make reasonable commentary on a Ronald Jones vs. Leonard Fournette thread?

There's no room for reason when the stakes are this high!

Only one running back on Tampa Bay can dominate touches and you must be on the right side of history!

If not, Tom Brady will pee in your coffee and shadowban you to the realm of Rob Gronkowski!

Benedict Arians will fool us all!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Prezkot said:

How dare you make reasonable commentary on a Ronald Jones vs. Leonard Fournette thread?

There's no room for reason when the stakes are this high!

Only one running back on Tampa Bay can dominate touches and you must be on the right side of history!

If not, Tom Brady will pee in your coffee and shadowban you to the realm of Rob Gronkowski!

Benedict Arians will fool us all!

Free... whatever the rookie's name is!

Fournette/RJ threads themselves reminds me of the famous McKinnon/Asiata debate from years past. In situations like this, Always go with the guy getting red zone touches. I think that maybe Fournette.

Disclaimer: as was the case in McKinnon/Asiata , thread will get nasty. I own both RJ and Fournette.

Question:  Will any of you ever feel decent about starting RoJo?  Even as a flex?  If not, drop before he stays on your roster all season.  Lightning may strike once or twice but good luck determining when

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kdko said:

Question:  Will any of you ever feel decent about starting RoJo?  Even as a flex?  If not, drop before he stays on your roster all season.  Lightning may strike once or twice but good luck determining when

This is my very struggle

EDIT: I did feel good about it week 2... probably the last time that happens 😂

Edited by TheDude4bides
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kdko said:

Completely agree about not being stubborn with guys because it'll burn you, but I've also been burned by dropping guys too early more than once. At this point I'm not optimistic about Rojo but I'm also not dropping yet, but the league I have him in is pretty deep. I can totally see cutting bait in shallower leagues 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, kdko said:

As of this moment no.  But there is a middle ground between dropping him right this second and him staying on your roster all season.  I'd hold another week or two to see how it shakes out unless I need the roster spot.  Dropping now is understandable if you need to make moves and he's the last player on your bench.

Edited by Gabbed
  • Like 1

Just now, owenmills said:

Completely agree about not being stubborn with guys because it'll burn you, but I've also been burned by dropping guys too early more than once. At this point I'm not optimistic about Rojo but I'm also not dropping yet, but the league I have him in is pretty deep. I can totally see cutting bait in shallower leagues 

Aye, I completely agree.  Week 3 is still pretty soon.  Just gotta be careful.  Once you get deeper into the season, it almost becomes harder to drop them because of the time you've already invested.  You want that payoff even more.  Suddenly week 3 is week 7, and you've missed out on other gems.  RoJo will likely only have that week 1 share if Leonard Fournette goes down.  If that happens, there's still not 100% certainty he can make a lot happen with those touches.

• Like 2

On 9/22/2020 at 9:30 PM, Uncle_Ruckus said:

spacer.png

• Haha 3