affliction

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook

RoJo is way better in space he just needs to break a few to really cement himself.  But Fournette ultimately looks like hes going to get most goal line and 3rd down work.

• Like 1

The TB backfield is why I hate fantasy football.

The only winners here so far are the guys on both the Rojo and Fournette threads who said "ugly committee".

Unless you have severe amnesia, you can't start Rojo because of what happened week 2.  You can't start Fournette based on week 3.  Nobody is startable here until something significant happens, like an injury (which I don't wish on anyone).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kp96 said:

The TB backfield is why I hate fantasy football.

The only winners here so far are the guys on both the Rojo and Fournette threads who said "ugly committee".

Unless you have severe amnesia, you can't start Rojo because of what happened week 2.  You can't start Fournette based on week 3.  Nobody is startable here until something significant happens, like an injury (which I don't wish on anyone).

On a bye week.

• Haha 1

On 9/28/2020 at 11:06 AM, FitzMagic said:

On a bye week.

Week 13

1 hour ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

I see some ppl speculating that it’s a rest day, but would a rest day make sense when he still hasn’t mastered the playbook? 

hmmm 🤔 

They probably realize he may never master the playbook.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I believe NFL rules are that they have to put some sort of reason if a player misses practice.  Maybe he had to get his driver license renewed at the DMV.  That's an all day task.

I’m using Fournette’s injury as a temporary boost in RoJo’s value to move him.

I can’t see RoJo being near my team come playoffs. Loved him in preseason and was thrilled to have him in the 6th rd as my R2/3, but not anymore in this mess of a backfield and with Arians really not seeming to trust him.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

I’m using Fournette’s injury as a temporary boost in RoJo’s value to move him.

I can’t see RoJo being near my team come playoffs. Loved him in preseason and was thrilled to have him in the 6th rd as my R2/3, but not anymore in this mess of a backfield and with Arians really not seeming to trust him.

Good luck, no ones buying RoJo at a price an owner would accept. Check out Tampa Bays rest of season schedule for running backs after this week lol. Its cake

• Like 2

The only thing I've learned about this backfield is that Bruce Arians treats his running backs like bastard children.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Rojo plays on a pass first offense. How many attempts did Winston average a game? If Fournette is out what’s the o/u on carries for Rojo? 

I can't help but feel like it doesn't matter if there is no competition.  Has he really improved from last year?  I don't know if it's the run blocking scheme or line, his talent, or the playcalling, but it never felt like there was much upside with him.  I don't feel any different about him now but would love for him to prove me wrong.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

“I can't help but feel like it doesn't matter if there is no competition. Has he really improved from last year? I don't know if it's the run blocking scheme or line, his talent, or the playcalling, but it never felt like there was much upside with him. I don't feel any different about him now but would love for him to prove me wrong.”

Going back & looking at his 2019 highlights, early on it appeared he struggled with maintaining his balance thru his breaks, which might be attributable to the added mass. But as the season wore on that seemed to be less of a problem, if at all. But what stands out on that tape & finding 4 or 5 runs from this past week, all of it, not a shred of misdirection, none! Show it & run it, there has to be some of that. Come off the ball and get a real push, yeah. But what play-action does for the passing game, misdirection does for the running game. Force that lateral flow up front, then by design, bring it back the other way. 

So if that’s indicative of their scheme on a whole, then yes, scheme would be part of it. You can’t go into Green Bay or Chicago in late January if your running game is an afterthought. There’s commitment to run the football x number of times. But scheme-wise, it appears to be very straight forward. Perhaps they’ll win out & play at home? I would say that if they don’t fix this they’re not going anywhere. 

Edited by markrc99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

IMO this is the one and only chance for RoJo to cement himself as THE guy for Arians moving forward. If he has an efficient game and doesn't make any glaring mistakes (fumble, missed block getting Brady nailed, dropped passes), Arians will only use Fournette in short yardage situations going forward. Shady will continue to get some passing down snaps.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, DConny1 said:

IMO this is the one and only chance for RoJo to cement himself as THE guy for Arians moving forward. If he has an efficient game and doesn't make any glaring mistakes (fumble, missed block getting Brady nailed, dropped passes), Arians will only use Fournette in short yardage situations going forward. Shady will continue to get some passing down snaps.

Fournette fumbled already. Not sure why RoJo screwing up affects anything. But I agree, this is his chance to take a solid grip on the lead job. That's if Arians gives him a chance and not run Shady out there more than usual.

Tampa just cant run the ball, its Arians offense. 22 runs 58 yards incoming maybe 2 catches for 3 yards

4 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Lenny is out... what are the expectations for Rojo this week?

Not much, honestly. He's definitely a RB3 or flex play based on potential volume. However, the Chargers have not been easy to run on. Mixon, Helaire, and Davis all had trouble. Hopefully RoJo is involved more in the passing game, we will see. I wouldn't have any hesitation inserting him in a lineup though.

• Like 1

Rolling with this cat this Sunday thanks to corona. This is his chance to take the reins a little, let’s see if he can capitalize.

With no Godwin maybe we’ll see him catch a few more passes, that would be a big help as he is actually a pretty good rb when he’s in space.