affliction

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook

Arians finally worked McCoy and Vaughn out of the rotation. This is RoJo and fournette backfield now. Roles are becoming more clear, RoJo the runner on 1st and 2nd and fournette the “3rd” down back with a couple more carries than your typical 3rd down back. Looks like it it’ll be a 50/50 split between the two which would likely make them game script dependent RB2s. RoJo has only been averaging like 57% of snaps this season anyway

next week bucs get the giants which should be a RoJo game script.. well see

either way after today RoJos value has taken a hit. Still wouldn’t trade him for anything less than a legit WR2 or starting TE

• Like 2

Just traded for him this past week and I feel pretty terrible out this situation right now... I just didn't think Fournette would immediately come back and basically be 50% off the backfield and get ALL of the passing work... ugly situation.

• Haha 3

RoJo is on pace to break the record for most drops for a RB in a season. Has 9 so far according to football outsiders. Record is 16.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

RoJo is on pace to break the record for most drops for a RB in a season. Has 9 so far according to football outsiders. Record is 16.

Not if Leonard Fournette takes over the backfield, as this thread has argued in Weeks 1, 2, 3, 4 & 8.

According to this thread Ronald Jones will be dead by the Week 13 bye week. So he'll need 8 more drops in the next 4 weeks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Prezkot said:

Not if Leonard Fournette takes over the backfield, as this thread has argued in Weeks 1, 2, 3, 4 & 8.

According to this thread Ronald Jones will be dead by the Week 13 bye week. So he'll need 8 more drops in the next 4 weeks.

That's possible for Ronald Jones.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

Yeah he sucks at catching the ball. That much is true. The good thing is this TB team has a great defense and the offense is starting to come together. Shouldn't be many game scripts where Ronald Jones doesn't get solid usage. 

I'm not arguing that he isn't good at catching, but I do often wonder why some RBs can't catch. Have they not been playing football their entire lives? Are they not world class athletes? It's not as if catching a ball is a niche skill. 

16 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

I'm not arguing that he isn't good at catching, but I do often wonder why some RBs can't catch. Have they not been playing football their entire lives? Are they not world class athletes? It's not as if catching a ball is a niche skill. 

Come on, why do you think the defensive back position exists?  Catching a football is not as easy as you might think, especially when you're running full speed on a flat route o a crossing route about to get trucked by Jamal Adams or something.  Hell, there's plenty of receivers that struggle to catch the ball, aka John Ross.

24 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

I do often wonder why some RBs can't catch. 

They have stone hands.

Fournette is still better than him. It's taking longer than I expected but RoJo owners should enjoy what they've gotten out of him this far because it'll be downhill from here. 

1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Fournette is still better than him. It's taking longer than I expected but RoJo owners should enjoy what they've gotten out of him this far because it'll be downhill from here. 

To my amateur eye test, Fournette looks like he's moving at half speed compared to Rojo. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

To my amateur eye test, Fournette looks like he's moving at half speed compared to Rojo. 

I'd tend to agree, but he looked like that last year and still put up 1,700 yards, 75 receptions, and over 4 YPC. This offense is already trending up, and with AB will be elite. If a 1A emerged here they will absolutely feast. Based on track record my guess is it's Fournette. Time will tell. 

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Downhill to fantasy championships?

1 hour ago, owenmills said:

Downhill to fantasy championships?

Could be. My money's on Fournette but I do agree that one of these guys will be a difference maker down the stretch. 

47 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Could be. My money's on Fournette but I do agree that one of these guys will be a difference maker down the stretch. 

Just jokes. I really can’t read this situation at all. I drafted Rojo only because he was the cheaper of the two and thus seemed a better value but it’s been a rollercoaster.

• Like 1