affliction

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook

31 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

The GM arguably has more say and power than the coach (depends on situation), but Licht drafted both RBs. This will be a 65-35 split in one way or another, and I'm leaning RoJo who has 3 years XP vs a rookie with no proper offseason.

Stop thinking that Vaughn will get less touches than Peyton Barber got last season. That’s a terrible logic.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RMJ_12 said:

Stop thinking that Vaughn will get less touches than Peyton Barber got last season. That’s a terrible logic.

Barber had a snap share of about 30% last season and an opportunity share of about 40%.

I’d reiterate my belief that Vaughn will fall somewhere squarely within that range in year one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BMcP said:

Barber had a snap share of about 30% last season and an opportunity share of about 40%.

I’d reiterate my belief that Vaughn will fall somewhere squarely within that range in year one.

There’s literally no reason to believe that

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

There’s literally no reason to believe that

I mean - I have a reason to believe that.  I need you to tell me your reason that there is no reason to believe that.

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

I mean - I have a reason to believe that.  I need you to tell me your reason that there is no reason to believe that.

In short, Vaughn > Barber

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

In short, Vaughn > Barber

But Vaughn wasn’t their only new back drafted.  He’s a good boom-or-bust runner - but he’s proven nothing in the bigs yet.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BMcP said:

But Vaughn wasn’t their only new back drafted.  He’s a good boom-or-bust runner - but he’s proven nothing in the bigs yet.

You’re concerned about their second 7th round pick?  The fact that the Bucs drafted 2 RB’s alone should tell you how they feel about Ronald Jones.

Vaughn is much more than a “boom-or-bust runner”.  He’s also a better receiver and pass protector than Jones.

Yes every rookie is “unproven in the NFL”, but Jones has proven that he’s not that good in the NFL.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

You’re concerned about their second 7th round pick?  The fact that the Bucs drafted 2 RB’s alone should tell you how they feel about Ronald Jones.

Vaughn is much more than a “boom-or-bust runner”.  He’s also a better receiver and pass protector than Jones.

Yes every rookie is “unproven in the NFL”, but Jones has proven that he’s not that good in the NFL.

“RB9 - Ke’Shawn Vaughn 

Vaughn is a boom-or-bust, straight-line speedster with an attacking running style. Vaughn may have ranked 2nd in the class in yards created per attempt, but he’s certainly not a consistently creative back. Vaughn created 5 or more yards on just 21% of his carries, tying Darrynton Evans for the lowest rate in the class. Vaughn is a home-run hitter when he’s given a lane, but he lacks wiggle in open space. 84% of Vaughn’s missed tackles came by speeding past a defender or making them miss with power.”

(Per Barfield)

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Is this a real life?  Ke’shawn Vaughn played at Vanderbilt behind a bottom 3 offensive line against SEC defenses.  Vanderbilt had 10 passing TD’s on the entire season and only 2064 passing yards.  To say he was the entire offense is an understatement.

Correct Vanderbilt sucks but in comparison to NFL teams all SEC teams suck as well. I’ll take a player who had 1000+ yards in the NFL last season over a player who was so great in college he had to transfer away from Illinois because he was their RB3. That’s just me though, I don’t see how you can penalize a 22 year for “struggling” against NFL players but give credit to a 22 year old for succeeding against players fresh out of high school.

Edited by Ddam2013
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, BMcP said:

“RB9 - Ke’Shawn Vaughn 

Vaughn is a boom-or-bust, straight-line speedster with an attacking running style. Vaughn may have ranked 2nd in the class in yards created per attempt, but he’s certainly not a consistently creative back. Vaughn created 5 or more yards on just 21% of his carries, tying Darrynton Evans for the lowest rate in the class. Vaughn is a home-run hitter when he’s given a lane, but he lacks wiggle in open space. 84% of Vaughn’s missed tackles came by speeding past a defender or making them miss with power.”

(Per Barfield)

You realize under Barfield’s model Ronald Jones was one of the worst RB’s he’s ever evaluated in terms of yards created and pass protection, right?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The Vaughn hype train enthusiasm reminds me of myself hyping up RoJo last year. Then Arians crushed my expectations whenever RoJo had a good game.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

Correct Vanderbilt sucks but in comparison to NFL teams all SEC teams suck as well. I’ll take a player who had 1000+ yards in the NFL last season over a player who was so great in college he had to transfer away from Illinois because he was their RB3. That’s just me though, I don’t see how you can penalize a 22 year for “struggling” against NFL players but give credit to a 22 year old for succeeding against players fresh out of high school.

You realize in the NFL Vaughn will also have a immensely better offensive line, quarterback, and offense in general, don’t you?

You got it, the Bucs drafted the 3rd best RB from Illinois in the 3rd round.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, sSektor said:

The Vaughn hype train enthusiasm reminds me of myself hyping up RoJo last year. Then Arians crushed my expectations whenever RoJo had a good game.

No Rojo screwed that up by whiffing on pass blocks and completely missing assignments.

• Haha 2

The drafting of Vaughn is a clarion clear vote-of-no-confidence in Ronald Jones.  Even if Vaughn completely lays an egg, Arians will still cobble together a RBBC that has a very small sprinkling of Jones as one of the ingredients.

• Haha 2

If you’re relying on rojo as a starter this year, something’s gone horribly wrong in your draft

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

If you’re relying on rojo as a starter this year, something’s gone horribly wrong in your draft

Someone out there will have a plan to use the Zero RB strategy and will be targeting Rojo as his #1 RB.   

This is really simple folks: RoJo better for standard leagues, Vaughn better for PPR. There, I just saved 5 more irrelevant pages of argument.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Horrible pass protection + Brady = won't see the field enough to be valuable.

Vaughn 400 touches incoming 

Posted (edited)

The rookie RB is always a secret generational talent guaranteed to usurp the current starter.

Always.

Edited by sSektor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, sSektor said:

The rookie RB is always a secret generational talent guaranteed to usurp the current starter.

Always.

That’s the point here.  You call Ronald Jones a “starter” but last season he averaged less than 11 carries per game when his only competition was 3.1 ypc Peyton Barber.

Edited by RMJ_12

14 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

That’s the point here.  You call Ronald Jones a “starter” but last season he averaged less than 11 carries per game when his only competition was 3.1 ypc Peyton Barber.

Yes, because it was essentially his rookie season on an Arians coached team. Sound kinda familiar?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Yes, because it was essentially his rookie season on an Arians coached team. Sound kinda familiar?

You don’t get a mulligan on your actual rookie season just because you were absolutely terrible lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

Always.

Rookie RB's tend to be very productive. It is the easiest position to translate in the NFL and the fastest to fantasy success.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Rojo got bigger so he can block better.  Meaning  Vaughn gets the workload.   I like Vaughn PPR,  and ROJO for the Goal line TD's.   That is until RJ gets benched for getting Brady sacked,  or missing on a blitz , then it's Vaughn  all day.

Not drafting either.

Edited by Sivaro
  • Haha 1