Rotoworld.com Forums

Ronald Jones 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I put on my two pairs of glasses, face shield, newsboy cap and headset on. Let's try this again:

Rojo Truthers Unite! He is going to be fine.     

This guy is destroying every pair of slacks I own

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Prezkot said:

I've created a handy flow chart for those of us who own Tampa Bay running backs and are perpetually on the fence about starting them. Enjoy!

spacer.png

haha pretty legit except that is not Fournette in the picture 🤔

• Haha 4
8 hours ago, jdizzle said:

It’s obvious Arians trusts Fournette more than Jones. Mainly in pass protection so Fournette is probably the guy to own moving forward but messy situation. 

How many time have people said this this year? Fournette is the play going forward then Rojo outplays him next game. Haha. Rojo is a matchup play though, I’ve said that a couple times recently. If it’s a team the Bucs can run on he can rack up touches and do well. They know they need to take the pressure off Brady with a run game. A game like this you have to shy away. Fournette is maybe a desperation play in games like this. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

neither of these RBs is "the play" ROS unless your roster sucks

Nope. But they might come back to bite you.

Smart move is to trade them to teams you don't have to play 

41 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

neither of these RBs is "the play" ROS unless your roster sucks

Not so sure about that in 12 team leagues. Have you seen the RB landscape this season? Weeks 14-16 Tampa plays some soft run defenses and Rojo is definitely on the RB2 map. KC next weekend, could be another fade. Although they don't have a good run defense either. Just a matter of whether Tampa can stay in the game

Edited by owenmills
24 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Not so sure about that in 12 team leagues. Have you seen the RB landscape this season? Weeks 14-16 Tampa plays some soft run defenses and Rojo is definitely on the RB2 map. KC next weekend, could be another fade. Although they don't have a good run defense either. Just a matter of whether Tampa can stay in the game

One reason they aren't staying in games is that they are not committed to the run.  They run on first.  Then they try and pass the remaining downs.  I don't believe I saw two run attempts in a row.  Every run was also on first down.  Sure they didn't get much on most of those, but the play-calling was eminently predictable.

It reminded me of the Ram's of the late 70's or early 80's when they ran the 4P offense.  Plunge, plunge, pass, punt.  The Buccs run the plunge, pass, pass, punt variation.

Edited by fbi314159
  • Like 2

I would say Rojo is a high ceiling, low floor, low end RB2 type.  Fournette has a lower ceiling and slightly higher floor due to passing game work.  Neither is very appealing to start but that, of course, depends on your roster.  Certainly Rojo can be played if you are looking for upside.  But you need to be prepared for a horrible game too.

I wouldn't drop either guy right now but would not be happy starting either.  Means you have problems at RB.

1 hour ago, owenmills said:

He's definitely a hold in 12-team leagues, people that are saying drop must be in 10-team leagues or less.

• Like 1

This has to be a Ronald game. If the Bucs come out and throw the ball 40+ times the Chiefs are going to win. You do not want to get into a shootout with Mahomes. Slow the game down, establish the run and keep the Chiefs offense off the field as much as possible. Long, sustaining drives. You can run on the Chiefs.. it can be done. Then when the defense has to respect the run, they can't pin their ears back and the field will open up for Tom. You would've thought they learned their lessons after the Saints game but this coaching staff is insufferable. 

I'm starting him this week (over Gio and Duke which isn't saying a whole lot) and praying Bruce and Byron see the errors of their ways. They can't beat any respectable opponents with how predictable they were on offense against the Rams. Please, Bruce, you crusty old bastard.. let Ronald run. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TeflonDonNewcombe said:

This has to be a Ronald game. If the Bucs come out and throw the ball 40+ times the Chiefs are going to win. You do not want to get into a shootout with Mahomes. Slow the game down, establish the run and keep the Chiefs offense off the field as much as possible. Long, sustaining drives. You can run on the Chiefs.. it can be done. Then when the defense has to respect the run, they can't pin their ears back and the field will open up for Tom. You would've thought they learned their lessons after the Saints game but this coaching staff is insufferable. 

I'm starting him this week (over Gio and Duke which isn't saying a whole lot) and praying Bruce and Byron see the errors of their ways. They can't beat any respectable opponents with how predictable they were on offense against the Rams. Please, Bruce, you crusty old bastard.. let Ronald run. 

I dont have Ronald Jones or Fournette. I actually have Brady. But I thought this was a great post. Well said. 

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, TeflonDonNewcombe said:

I'm starting him this week too.  It's his turn in my rotation of choosing between Jones, Fournette, Moss, Harris, and Dobbins at RB2.

Bucs are an easy enough team to assess this year.  Play Jones against average to bad defenses.

I just got him in a trade for mostly peanuts, and I like the back to back Atlanta-Detroit play to close the season.    I've been a hater of his but the overall production here is strong and I think TB is crazy if they let Fournette still get a significant share after last week's game.   Could be the guy to put me over the top

50 minutes ago, ILuvABGs said:

Is it crazy to consider dropping him?

I guess I’d be curious who you’re dropping him for and other drop options you might have. If he’s your worst player you’re doing alright. I think there is still too much upside and he’s flashed extremely well on several occasions this year. Plus Lenny was a blooper reel last week against LA. Just have to hope the CS wakes the hell up and gives Ronald the run he deserves. I’d understand if you’re in win now and have an upside play but I’m refusing to give up hope plus his playoff schedule is juicy.