kmoore1521

Todd Gurley 2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

But a whole host of NFL defenders come from Alabama.

I'm not saying it's the same thing.

What I am saying is that automatically discounting a rookie RB's pass pro skills, when he's already demonstrated them against the highest level of talent possible at his level because other rookie RBs have struggled in pass pro, doesn't seem like a done deal to me.

I know you believe your opinions are facts but you should take some time to research and understand why collectively college rb's initially struggle in NFL pass protection, it's a combination of skills, experience, game speed and real time processing. HC's need to feel comfortable knowing that rookie rb can recognize and effectively make the block needed to protect his $100mm QB.

Like I said the irony of your position that tampa should use a 2nd on a rb to pair with Brady but you discount the fact that rookie rb's struggle in pass protect even though we are specifically referring to a replacement for Tampa's 2nd round pick Rojo who still struggles with NFL pass protection. . .😂

All you are doing is opining against the established data.

You can't make this stuff up 😂

Posted (edited)

Is this unprecedented? A guy who was the #1 fantasy player in consecutive seasons, is released shortly after. Turns 26 in August.

Edited by Evincar

3 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Is this unprecedented? A guy who was the #1 fantasy player in consecutive seasons, is released shortly after. Turns 26 in August.

knee issues + $10mm year on a 4yr extension is not a normal situation.

KC+NIners played in the SB with a bag of cheap spare parts rb's😝

Just now, dashoe said:

knee issues + $10mm year on a 4yr extension is not a normal situation.

KC+NIners played in the SB with a bag of cheap spare parts rb's😝

I mean the reasoning behind it is obvious but I cant remember a similar situation.

I still dont understand why teams draft RBs in the 1st round. They'll never learn.

4 minutes ago, Evincar said:

I mean the reasoning behind it is obvious but I cant remember a similar situation.

I still dont understand why teams draft RBs in the 1st round. They'll never learn.

Elite rb's sell a lot of tickets and merch, they more than pay for themselves economically🤣

Are we now going to get Gurley at a bargain price if he ends up in Seattle or Kansas City?

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

I know you believe your opinions are facts but you should take some time to research and understand why collectively college rb's initially struggle in NFL pass protection, it's a combination of skills, experience, game speed and real time processing. HC's need to feel comfortable knowing that rookie rb can recognize and effectively make the block needed to protect his $100mm QB.

Like I said the irony of your position that tampa should use a 2nd on a rb to pair with Brady but you discount the fact that rookie rb's struggle in pass protect even though we are specifically referring to a replacement for Tampa's 2nd round pick Rojo who still struggles with NFL pass protection. . .😂

All you are doing is opining against the established data.

You can't make this stuff up 😂

In what way was that worded like my opinion sounded like a fact?  🤷‍♂️

I feel as though you're pretty condescending and I'm going to choose to ignore you.  Please feel free to do the same.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Are we now going to get Gurley at a bargain price if he ends up in Seattle or Kansas City?

I dont see why they would have any interest in Gurley. Tampa seem like the only fit but he's going to have take a pay cut wherever he goes.

Edited by Evincar

54 minutes ago, Evincar said:

I dont see why they would have any interest in Gurley. Tampa seem like the only fit but he's going to have take a pay cut wherever he goes.

Why doesn't Seattle make sense?

This situation sucks but at least he got his money before the inevitable. Imagine if this happened before his first big contract?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Corey In Da House said:

Why doesn't Seattle make sense?

They have Carson and Penny. Both coming off injury but I dont think RB is a huge issue for them.

10 minutes ago, Evincar said:

They have Carson and Penny. Both coming off injury but I dont think RB is a huge issue for them.

Sounds like it is a huge issue with both being hurt. Penny is going to be lucky if he plays before week 8 next year. 

1 minute ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Sounds like it is a huge issue with both being hurt. Penny is going to be lucky if he plays before week 8 next year. 

The actual RB issue for Seattle is that they give them too many carries and don't let their elite QB throw the freaking ball as much as he should.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Assuming the season starts on time in September.

If Seattle is concerned about injuries it makes little sense to sign a RB with a chronic knee issue.

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

The actual RB issue for Seattle is that they give them too many carries and don't let their elite QB throw the freaking ball as much as he should.

Wilson had 516 pass attempts last year, which put him at 12th in the league. 

I dont know why any team would sign him for what hed likely be looking for. It was pretty obvious before the start of last year that something was really wrong.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Evincar said:

It only makes sense if it's a Saquon or Zeke 

51 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

?? Both missed playoffs. Barkley missed 5 plus games this year. That just shows u don’t waste a top 10 pick on a rb. 

He's a former Bulldog and according to one source, that's where he'd like to end up (Atlanta), there or Miami. Great player, I'll believe he's done when it's him who says it.   

Atlanta seems the most likely destination.

He can't handle a full workload though so it will be interesting to see how they make it work. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Strange comment given your handle

10 hours ago, RunCMC said:

The Giants could have took Quenton Nelson with the 2nd overall pick and Nick Chubb with their 2nd round pick.

7 minutes ago, Evincar said:

The Giants could have took Quenton Nelson with the 2nd overall pick and Nick Chubb with their 2nd round pick.

It absolutely never makes sense to take a RB that early IMO, I don't care who they are. Running backs don't win you championships.