Rotoworld.com Forums

Todd Gurley 2020 Outlook

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Matthew Berry is my go to guy for fantasy. I do the opposite of what he says.

You would prefer to see the NFL and union play nice and realize it’s not worth killIng the golden goose squabbling over an egg.     but...this is pretty standard behavior by both sides.    NFL

They attempted to convert a 4th and 5 from like 10 yards out while leading 14-13 despite having Koo. They lost by 1. That seems far worse than Gurley scoring by accident.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, cerealntacos said:

Is Brian Hill likely going to take on majority of touches if Gurley is ruled out?

My guess is that it's a 3 way committee between Hill, Ito and Ollison. Hill has to be the favorite for most touches but won't be surprised if they "ride the hot hand".

44 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Is this knee injury the same one he's had? Or a new injury altogether?

Just grabbed Hill. Could see this as the point where Gurley is basically done and on a slippery slope towards IR.

Felt the same way.

I’m sure it’s just a tweak of the same injury, but given how serious of an issue that has been, it is possible he just shuts it down in a lost season.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fletch44 said:

My guess is that it's a 3 way committee between Hill, Ito and Ollison. Hill has to be the favorite for most touches but won't be surprised if they "ride the hot hand".

Other than Hill bombing when given the opportunity last year, is there any reason you think this would be a 3-way committee? He seemed like one of the clear handcuffs this year, how is this different than other similar scenarios? Asking as someone who has never watched a Falcons game this season.

Edited by nb009
20 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Other than Hill bombing when given the opportunity last year, is there any reason you think this would be a 3-way committee? He seemed like one of the clear handcuffs this year, how is this different than other similar scenarios? Asking as someone who has never watched a Falcons game this season.

It's not based on anything other than I don't think he's a notable talent and situations like that tend to become RBBC.   Ito will be active and has been serviceable in stretches so will probably get sprinkled in. Qadree is a big back and got some goaline work last year. Have to think there's a reasonable chance he gets work there. I just don't think Hill is the kind of talent they're going to hand the full backfield over too. Just my opinion. I still picked him up.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Wow that escalated quickly. Will Hill have a three down role or is Ito considered more of the receiving back? Good news is Vegas views this as a close game with the falcons as 3 point dogs and an implied 25 points so he shouldn’t get scripted out. Here’s  to hoping Ol Brian can fall into the end zone a couple times. Falcons love to run it on the red zone with Gurley. Hopefully Hill gets the same treatment.  

59 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

I wouldn't expect much from hill anyway. Gurley was mostly relying on plodding in for easy tds... starting gallman with confidence 

I probably wouldn't expect much from Hill either, but he's definitely worth a grab given we don't know the specifics of Gurley's injury. He could be back next week, he could be shutdown for the season.

55 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

I wouldn't expect much from hill anyway. Gurley was mostly relying on plodding in for easy tds... starting gallman with confidence 

Thanks for the insight... yeah I’d start Gallman over Hill too but that’s irrelevant since a lot of us don’t have that option. 

Gurley is well past his prime and although his vision is still better than most, he’s lost some burst. It’s a positive for Hill the falcons like to run in the red zone. Add that the raiders have a bad run d and we could be looking at a big week.

Please God let it be.