FantasyGuru24

Christian McCaffrey 2020 Outlook

Guys, regardless of when he comes back, is it realistic to expect him to return to his MVP form? I owned Kamara last year and even after he came back from his high ankle sprain, he was a shell of himself. I hope CMC takes the time he needs to get to as close to 100% as possible. I'd rather wait longer for him to come back and be at full strength rather than him rush and be at 70% or even get re-injured.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Guys, regardless of when he comes back, is it realistic to expect him to return to his MVP form? I owned Kamara last year and even after he came back from his high ankle sprain, he was a shell of himself. I hope CMC takes the time he needs to get to as close to 100% as possible. I'd rather wait longer for him to come back and be at full strength rather than him rush and be at 70% or even get re-injured.

This is the right way to look at it. I wouldn't want to start him until week 8 or 9 😕 and I'd hope he would just wait until then to come back. It happened with both Saquon and Kamara last year, so it's obvious it's more likely than not to be a similar situation.

4 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Saquon came back from a high ankle sprain last season as soon as a running back could possibly come back (4 weeks ahead of schedule) and STILL was not the same for several more weeks. Panthers have a short week in week 8 so I would probably expect him to be back right after in week 9. That would give him about 6 weeks. As for getting back to being full strength, that's the question. I Would say that it would take a few more weeks after that barring no setbacks.

14 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

I agree about coming back 100% but kamara also have that torn mcl which he was playing on all year

• Like 1

Of course he has a week 13 bye, not like I'll be trying to squeak by in the playoffs or anything that week

• Like 1

When do they usually announce IR placement by... Tuesday? It would help not to drop my bench for all these replacments

What would the trade value be at this point do y'all think?

Something like DK Metcalf or Terry McLaurin maybe?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pushaZ said:

If an owner is absolutely desperate, but I don’t see how that trade would go through. 

Just now, mvttchew said:

If an owner is absolutely desperate, but I don’t see how that trade would go through. 

As in CMC is better than a wr2 ROS? Or the other way around?

1 minute ago, pushaZ said:

As in CMC is better than a wr2 ROS? Or the other way around?

CMC > those WR2s. 

I’m just glad McCaffrey wants to get back on the field. I was worried the panthers would continue to lose and just shut him down, but he’s too competitive for that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

As a CMC owner this is the first time I’ve even considered trading him (had him last year as well.) But there’s no way in hell I’m trading him for a WR2. I’d still need an RB1 and WR2/3 to even consider trading him. 

Let’s try to be realistic for a second here. What are some names we can potentially trade for? So many injuries I’m not even sure most teams have depth to put CMC on their bench. 

Edited by LAeagle

19 minutes ago, Andy Mick said:

As a CMC owner this is the first time I’ve even considered trading him (had him last year as well.) But there’s no way in hell I’m trading him for a WR2. I’d still need an RB1 and WR2/3 to even consider trading him. 

I don't think anyone's giving up an RB1 for an RB with a high ankle sprain. Maybe the best move is to wait 2 weeks and then get some news about how rehab is going well and try to ship him out then. If you're 2-0 maybe even try to wait it out, but it's the return that has me worried and the fear of a 2019 Kamara-like season. Then again could be a 2019 Saquon-like recovery too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, mvttchew said:

Prolly not the threat to discuss that topic 

My bad was just trying to get an idea of what his value is like now. 

I got CMC as my main guy in one auction league. In the other one, I have Saquon. Period.

58 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

I don't think anyone's giving up an RB1 for an RB with a high ankle sprain. Maybe the best move is to wait 2 weeks and then get some news about how rehab is going well and try to ship him out then. If you're 2-0 maybe even try to wait it out, but it's the return that has me worried and the fear of a 2019 Kamara-like season. Then again could be a 2019 Saquon-like recovery too.

Agree with this.   With it being so early in the season, I don't know if anyone feels comfortable enough with their team to grab McCaffrey and wait it out.   Especially combined with all the other injuries.   Seems like an injured player is going to go at a heavy discount to a healthy RB. 

Edited by K197040

8 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Agree with this.   With it being so early in the season, I don't know if anyone feels comfortable enough with their team to grab McCaffrey and wait it out.   Especially combined with all the other injuries.   Seems like an injured player is going to go at a heavy discount to a healthy RB. 

Lots of guys take CMC. He won 1/2 the ppr leagues last year. If you can trade a late 1st rnd back(say Mixon/Chubb/conner) and a 3rd or 4th rnd wr to sit on CMC for 3 or 4 weeks, you do it all day long if you are deep and 2-0. He will probably still outscore them both rest of season...even if he is 70%.

8 minutes ago, Mattice1 said:

Lots of guys take CMC. He won 1/2 the ppr leagues last year. If you can trade a late 1st rnd back(say Mixon/Chubb/conner) and a 3rd or 4th rnd wr to sit on CMC for 3 or 4 weeks, you do it all day long if you are deep and 2-0. He will probably still outscore them both rest of season...even if he is 70%.

That's a fair point. It just seems unlikely anyone is deep enough at RB to give up guaranteed sizable workload backs like Chubb/Mixon, etc to take on CMC to ride the bench for a month, especially with all the other injuries we've seen. 

Edited by vthokie3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Andy Mick said:

I can see both sides of this.

If I'm on the side receiving CMC and giving up DK or McLaurin... I'm thinking real hard about it (depending on my roster otherwise).

Definitely not an automatic "yes" for me.

But that would be about the maximum I'm even considering sending back.

24 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

I can see both sides of this.

If I'm on the side receiving CMC and giving up DK or McLaurin... I'm thinking real hard about it (depending on my roster otherwise).

Definitely not an automatic "yes" for me.

But that would be about the maximum I'm even considering sending back.

this is insane. There are a million startable wrs.   Cmc averaged 7 more ppg last year than any rb. And you would hesitate to give up terry mclaurin or dk metcalf for him?     You have to have at least 2 other wrs who can give you similar production. Wait it out a month.  Insanity

• Like 3