Rotoworld.com Forums

Christian McCaffrey 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, mjb said:

Welp, Carolina just beat the Chargers last week.  I'd like to see him back after 4 weeks at near 100%, that would be my wish.

I think he'll be back week 6 as soon as he's eligible. he never missed a game up until this injury and he's said he wants to get back on the field as fast as possible

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

footage of CMC at practice

Drop city

Heads up: If you’re a CMC owner, you may need to go see a doctor for having an erection for longer than 4 hours after watching this video.

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Gmen07 said:

Very true about high ankle sprains but the team has been competitive in every game this year. They’re competing and both the players and coaching staff won’t roll over. I believe if Cmac gets cleared he’ll play. At 1-2, they’re tied for second in the division and the nfc is looking pretty weak overall. Look at the nfc East. The best team is 1-2 lol. Not saying they’ll make the playoffs but they’re not a laughing stock.

Nfc is not weak it's just all the good teams are in the nfc west. And the Packers. 

So realistically do you guys see him getting rushed back in even if he's remotely ready ? I got an offer that I'm so torn on but I just feel this is a situation where it'll last a bit longer than we all want to hope 

32 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

So realistically do you guys see him getting rushed back in even if he's remotely ready ? I got an offer that I'm so torn on but I just feel this is a situation where it'll last a bit longer than we all want to hope 

Think realistically he's back week 7 or week 8. But it's CMC, so you never know, man is built different. I don't think the Panthers are going to rush their future over 1 or 2 games, ankle sprains you gotta ease back into and are easy to re-injure if you force it. See Michael Thomas being sat out an extra week this week, and he had a less severe sprain.

Edited by harck
1 hour ago, harck said:

Think realistically he's back week 7 or week 8. But it's CMC, so you never know, man is built different. I don't think the Panthers are going to rush their future over 1 or 2 games, ankle sprains you gotta ease back into and are easy to re-injure if you force it. See Michael Thomas being sat out an extra week this week, and he had a less severe sprain.

Michael Thomas did not sit an extra week FYI. He was into his 3 weeks timeline, just without the IR designation. Week 5 would have been his return week if he was placed in IR. If MT had played week 4, he would have been early.

• Like 2

Never said that. But in a package for someone like Kamara, Cooks, ...

He will hold his job, but may with a more shared backfield. May less receptions. Davis will be a bigger part in this offense then before, admit it or not.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Boendil said:

Never said that. But in a package for someone like Kamara, Cooks, ...

He will hold his job, but may with a more shared backfield. May less receptions. Davis will be a bigger part in this offense then before, admit it or not.

If you need wins now, sure sell him. 

However, Davis has looked serviceable, not great. More than anything what the Panthers have shown me during their time without CMC is that this a competitive team with an outside shot at the playoffs. That is exactly what we as CMC owners could have hoped for because now they will not hold back their best player in his return from injury. If they would have been 0-4 at this point, I easily could have seen them taking their sweet time with his recovery. 

I can’t really think of many reasons to sell him at this point when he is so close to returning, and you have already played two games with him on your bench, you would just be getting terrible value. The time to sell was 2 weeks ago.

• Like 1

Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey (ankle) will be out at least one more week. 

Panthers head coach Matt Rhule said McCaffrey is "attacking rehab every day" on his way back from a Week 2 ankle injury. It looks like CMC could be active for Carolina's Week 6 game against the Bears. He could also return the following week against New Orleans. Mike Davis has filled in admirably for McCaffrey, playing 76 percent of the team's offensive snaps and getting 37 percent of the Panthers' total opportunity (rushes plus targets). Davis has 202 total yards in two starts this season. While Reggie Bonnafon cut into Davis' Week 4 playing time, he remains a strong PPR start in Week 5. 

image.jpeg.e405bf1d3665eeccaa5478b894c7322f.jpeg

• Thanks 2
23 minutes ago, LAeagle said:

Bro literally the post above you. 

Yea I saw that but I saw a post on Twitter today where Joe Brady mentions he doesn’t know what the offense will do when Cmac returns in 3-4 weeks. I was wondering if that’s an outdated quote or if cmac will still be out a few more weeks. 

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41101273-4

Edited by Gmen07
Added link
On 10/5/2020 at 8:08 AM, next big thing cp84 said:

If you need wins now, sure sell him. 

However, Davis has looked serviceable, not great. More than anything what the Panthers have shown me during their time without CMC is that this a competitive team with an outside shot at the playoffs. That is exactly what we as CMC owners could have hoped for because now they will not hold back their best player in his return from injury. If they would have been 0-4 at this point, I easily could have seen them taking their sweet time with his recovery. 

I can’t really think of many reasons to sell him at this point when he is so close to returning, and you have already played two games with him on your bench, you would just be getting terrible value. The time to sell was 2 weeks ago.

Um I disagree Davis has looked great, yeah not CMC great but enough to give him enough rest to make sure he is 1000% healthy. CMC owners want the panthers to start losing, because they have been hot with Davis.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Gmen07 said:

Yea I saw that but I saw a post on Twitter today where Joe Brady mentions he doesn’t know what the offense will do when Cmac returns in 3-4 weeks. I was wondering if that’s an outdated quote or if cmac will still be out a few more weeks. 

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41101273-4

Don't think Brady gave that time table, the writer did, probably based on the original prognosis. I'd be pretty surprised if he's back week 6 though. 

• Like 2