FantasyGuru24

Christian McCaffrey 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Drewfus said:

Don't think Brady gave that time table, the writer did, probably based on the original prognosis. I'd be pretty surprised if he's back week 6 though. 

He'll try for 6 but 7 seems most likely/prudent

6 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Um I disagree Davis has looked great, yeah not CMC great but enough to give him enough rest to make sure he is 1000% healthy. CMC owners want the panthers to start losing, because they have been hot with Davis.

He can rest for the remainder of the season if he likes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Um I disagree Davis has looked great, yeah not CMC great but enough to give him enough rest to make sure he is 1000% healthy. CMC owners want the panthers to start losing, because they have been hot with Davis.

Agree, rushing CMC back when they're winning games with Davis would be extremely stupid. 

It's early in the year and he's their franchise guy, so I don't think the game results have any bearing on when he comes back. He'll be back when 100%.

42 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Quite the opposite. I want them to win to have reason to gameplan with a top RB. The success of Davis isn’t because Davis himself it’s more of the offense gelling(is that how you spell it?) and understanding their roles 

• Like 2

If you weren't able to get Davis when CMC went out now might be the time to try.  Frame it up as CMC is eligible to come off IR next week, try to buy low under that premise, and hope they haven't heard the coaches saying potentially a few more weeks yet.

Edited by ColoWrex
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ColoWrex said:

Might be looking at a few more weeks.

Sheesh.

It did not seem that bad of an injury, I mean he had a few carries and even scored a TD on the injury. High ankle sprains are no joke... but this one seemed so mild? 

• Like 1

Don't think a mild high ankle sprain exists lol, those are always nasty. I think them winning plays into holding him out for a potential extra week. You can always rush a high ankle sprain timeline and bring him back 4 weeks after, but he's going to play at 80-90% and potentially suffer some soreness. I'm sure they want to make sure their franchise player is as close to 100% as possible before suiting him up. Would not be surprised if they hold him until week 7-8.

2 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

If you weren't able to get Davis when CMC went out now might be the time to try.  Frame it up as CMC is eligible to come off IR next week, try to buy low under that premise, and hope they haven't heard the coaches saying potentially a few more weeks yet.

That’s exactly what I did 2 days ago. Got rid of Fournette for him 

2 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

I have some pretty stashable guys on my Team. Really worth giving up a season long production for a rental? 

8 minutes ago, LAeagle said:

I have some pretty stashable guys on my Team. Really worth giving up a season long production for a rental? 

If it's a guy that is just riding your bench, yeah, for sure. Davis is a game winner week to week with the RB production of this Carolina offense.

Edited by harck

Real bummer about the few more weeks news. I was hoping for a week 6 return 

On 10/8/2020 at 4:56 PM, LAeagle said:

Quite the opposite. I want them to win to have reason to gameplan with a top RB. The success of Davis isn’t because Davis himself it’s more of the offense gelling(is that how you spell it?) and understanding their roles 

Watch his highlights its not just his passing ceiling, dude looks like prime jonathan stewart, pretty sick spin moves, good speed and power, plus catches almost everything. Now dont get me wrong? CMC is light years better, but davis and bonnafon have both looked good. As far as whether we want them to win or lose for CMC to come back sooner tough to say, I think losing forces changes and winning lets them shelf CMC longer, but we will see. 

• Like 1

I have to agree. They are winning. They have the luxury to make sure he comes back at 100%. It be different if they were losing or breaking even. 

Some of us will still manage to make playoffs and be glad the Panthers took the cautious route.

Some of us won't and that will suck. CMC is the least replaceable player in fantasy (Mike Davis honorable mention).

A reinjury or just general ineffectiveness from rushing back would be worst case scenario either way so we just have to be patient. 

• Like 2

Doubt they bring him back next week because it's followed by a Thursday game. I think he's back week 8 as that will give him 10 days to rest after the game.

• Like 3

On 10/10/2020 at 8:27 AM, nmartinez12443 said:

Watch his highlights its not just his passing ceiling, dude looks like prime jonathan stewart, pretty sick spin moves, good speed and power, plus catches almost everything. Now dont get me wrong? CMC is light years better, but davis and bonnafon have both looked good. As far as whether we want them to win or lose for CMC to come back sooner tough to say, I think losing forces changes and winning lets them shelf CMC longer, but we will see. 

Yeah to say it’s just the offense is disrespectful. Davis runs with insane power, something that CMC doesn’t have. Now he’s not nearly as talented as CMC, don’t get me wrong. Where CMC can make guys miss tackles because of his skill, Davis is making guys miss because he runs through them. But the end result is still the same for both. 

Yeah I'm also going to guess week 8 and they probably ease him back in with a split. 

• Haha 2

Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey (ankle) could be out until Week 8 against the Falcons. 

ESPN's David Newton said Week 8 is a "more realistic" timeline for CMC's return from his serious ankle injury. Week 8 is a short week for Carolina, as they play Atlanta on Thursday Night Football. There's a chance fantasy managers won't get their No. 1 pick back until Week 10 -- after their Week 9 bye week -- when the Panthers play Kansas City. As long as McCaffrey is out, Mike Davis remains a must-start in all formats. 

After their week 9 bye? Which intern wrote this blurb? SMH

Either way, hope this isn't true. We might only have CMC for 3-4 games until the playoffs. Sucks, but could always be worse.

Edited by RoseLin23
  • Like 1

He wont be right even after he comes back I Fear.

• Like 1

This is rough especially for Cmac owners that end up missing the playoffs. He’s basically given you nothing all year as the first overall pick.

When ever he comes back Mike Davis will still be involved some. Not sure he’ll have the league winning upside. Hope I’m wrong though. 

Any CMC owners miss out on Mike Davis? I should have put in much more FAAB to grab him, I REALLY regret that now. I guess CMC owners just have to hope they can make it to the playoffs and then have CMC back and of course anything can happen in the playoffs.

• Like 1