FantasyGuru24

Christian McCaffrey 2020 Outlook

Given how Davis is doing, what are the odds that he doesn't go back to the usual workload all year and is an RB2 even during fantasy playoffs?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey (ankle) could be out until Week 8 against the Falcons. 

ESPN's David Newton said Week 8 is a "more realistic" timeline for CMC's return from his serious ankle injury. Week 8 is a short week for Carolina, as they play Atlanta on Thursday Night Football. There's a chance fantasy managers won't get their No. 1 pick back until Week 10 -- after their Week 9 bye week -- when the Panthers play Kansas City. As long as McCaffrey is out, Mike Davis remains a must-start in all formats. 

After their week 9 bye? Which intern wrote this blurb? SMH

Either way, hope this isn't true. We might only have CMC for 3-4 games until the playoffs. Sucks, but could always be worse.

Did their bye get moved? Wasn't it week 13?

1 hour ago, young dude said:

Given how Davis is doing, what are the odds that he doesn't go back to the usual workload all year and is an RB2 even during fantasy playoffs?

I’m actually pretty concerned with how well Davis has played. I’m thinking about shopping CMC around in my league for the first time in 2 years. 

1 hour ago, young dude said:

Quite low imo. I still forsee this as 85/15 at worst for CMC. I see this somewhat similarly to DeAngelo Williams/LeVeon Bell 2016. Davis has been more efficient than Williams, but I can't see him getting more than 6-8 touches per game. Maybe I'll be wrong. CMC would still produce RB1 numbers at 50/50.

In fact if you just halved his points last year in a .5 ppr, he's still RB13 lol. I'd imagine in a full ppr he's RB10 or higher. 

Edited by thefranchise3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, thefranchise3 said:

Quite low imo. I still forsee this as 85/15 at worst for CMC. I see this somewhat similarly to DeAngelo Williams/LeVeon Bell 2016. Davis has been more efficient than Williams, but I can't see him getting more than 6-8 touches per game. Maybe I'll be wrong. CMC would still produce RB1 numbers at 50/50.

The DeAngelo/Bell comparison from 2016 is the perfect comp here. Williams was a stud while Bell was out, but he ain’t Bell and once Lev returned it was about as you said, 80/20 or so. Mike Davis has played great but I don’t think he’s as good as DeAngelo was, and I think they understand that their bread is buttered with CMC in the backfield once healthy. Davis is having a stretch of fantastic play. CMC is a generational player. He’s not going to split carries with Mike Davis barring ineffectiveness from injury, which I just don’t see happening with CMC. Unload CMC at your own risk, particularly since you’ve held him through his injury already. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vthokie3 said:

Did their bye get moved? Wasn't it week 13?

Yes, week 13 bye, unless their schedule is changed due to covid, easily could happen as many teams bye weeks are different.

At least week 8 is against Atlanta. Should be a great “welcome back” game 

• Like 1

Yeah the blurb writer got it wrong. He has a week 13 bye.

But in all honesty, you guys seriously overreact so hard. Its CMC relax. Shop him if you want, but you're just shooting yourself in the foot in the long term if you're worried about Davis.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, mvttchew said:

But in all honesty, you guys seriously overreact so hard. Its CMC relax. Shop him if you want, but you're just shooting yourself in the foot in the long term if you're worried about Davis.

^^^ x9000

6 hours ago, mvttchew said:

Idk man if anything I feel Davis is proving the 'rbs don't matter' argument. I think they save CMC for the playoffs, ease him in.... Davis should be flex valuable all season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/16/2020 at 8:51 PM, Mrmann1 said:

Idk man if anything I feel Davis is proving the 'rbs don't matter' argument. I think they save CMC for the playoffs, ease him in.... Davis should be flex valuable all season. 

I feel like this is the story every time withe a backup that plays really well in place of the starter. I went through the same thing when Jaylen Samuels looked elite during one of Conner's injuries. There's a chance Davis sees enough touches to have some flex value (a la Edmonds or Latavius), but realistically the split knocks him back into the tier of elite handcuffs.

On 10/16/2020 at 11:51 PM, Mrmann1 said:

Lol some funny takes here. 4 good games in his career vs arguably the best running back in the NFL over the last 2 seasons, and people make these comments. 

Save him for the playoffs? They are a 3-3 team who has not looked special at all. What are you talking about? You think they can coast into the playoffs with Mike Davis? You don’t “save” a 64 million dollar RB. If he’s healthy, he plays and plays a lot.  This is a simple one not sure how there can be so many off the wall comments. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SportsBrain said:

Lol some funny takes here. 4 good games in his career vs arguably the best running back in the NFL over the last 2 seasons, and people make these comments. 

Save him for the playoffs? They are a 3-3 team who has not looked special at all. What are you talking about? You think they can coast into the playoffs with Mike Davis? You don’t “save” a 64 million dollar RB. If he’s healthy, he plays and plays a lot.  This is a simple one not sure how there can be so many off the wall comments. 

101 Funny Thank You Memes to Say Thanks for a Job Well Done in 2020 | Thank  you memes, Funny thank you, Memes

• Haha 1

Rhule says,  “not sure if he’ll be back this week, next week, or the week after?” Seems like a little “okie doke” to keep the Saints guessing.

5 hours ago, SportsBrain said:

Save him for the playoffs? They should trade him to bolster that defense for a playoff run with the beastmode Mike Davis

Glad they lost this week to possibly create more urgency and get him back on the field. PLEASE FANTASY GODS!!! 

6 hours ago, mjb said:

Rhule says,  “not sure if he’ll be back this week, next week, or the week after?” Seems like a little “okie doke” to keep the Saints guessing.

Seems like it, right? First Rhule said he probably doesn't see CMC coming back Week 7, now he leaves the door open but remains ambiguous. My guess is that CMC looks healthy enough to play as of right now. I think he will be a GTD against NO depending on how involved he is in practices this week

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Everynameistaken said:

What us going on with cmc bye week. Today I just heard another "expert" say his bye is week 9

andy holloway?  I was confused at that too. Its still week 13. 

1 hour ago, ColoWrex said:

I mean, nobody is shocked by this though, right? All projections had him back against Atlanta.

14 minutes ago, cgu112 said:

andy holloway?  I was confused at that too. Its still week 13. 

I think it was actually Jason but yes the footballers. Thats the 2nd experts i heard mention it. Are they having a collective brain fart?

This makes sense. No need to play him this week and then have a short turn around for Atlanta. We're most likely looking at a week 8 return barring any setbacks. I'm stocked!