Rotoworld.com Forums

Christian McCaffrey 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, fbi314159 said:

Great news.  I'm thinking it's a 75% I can play Swift as a Flex instead of a RB2!

Hopefully once he's 100% Davis isn't stealing 25-30% of his touches.  I really hope that Rhule's comment means that he will give Davis touches when CMC needs some rest, and not just roll him out there because he feels obligated to give him touches.

I understand this first game may have a large split, but I hope that's not the case going forward--I don't think it will, but I do worry he will get more touches than I like (and it's all about me!)

I've been a little worried about this too, but Davis really came back to earth in these last two games. I'm sure Rhule likes having the option to take CMC out to spell him some during the game, but I don't think he'll be out for long periods of time. I am a bit concerned about this Thursday though. Could see a 50/50 split incoming. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

footage of CMC at practice

Drop city

Heads up: If you’re a CMC owner, you may need to go see a doctor for having an erection for longer than 4 hours after watching this video.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, acn1315 said:

I've been a little worried about this too, but Davis really came back to earth in these last two games. I'm sure Rhule likes having the option to take CMC out to spell him some during the game, but I don't think he'll be out for long periods of time. I am a bit concerned about this Thursday though. Could see a 50/50 split incoming. 

I am close to 100% in agreement with this.  The last two games do assuage my fears somewhat.  I can also see a 50/50 split this week, but I do think that CMC will be given any and all red zone work at least.

6 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

I hope he sits (own him in 2 of 3 leagues) as I'd rather him get the extra 10 days. That being said if he's back now that's great

I don't hope he sits, at all lol.  The Panthers are 3-4, do you really think they'd rush him back to play on thursday night if he wasn't 100%?  There is no logic to rush him back, and he's missed 5 weeks which is a completely acceptable time frame for the injury.  But sure, keep "hoping" he sits another week, haha. 

• Like 1

As other's mentioned, Saquon Barkley's high ankle sprain was supposed to keep him out 4 - 8 weeks last year, but he came back after four weeks (only missed three games).

CMC's diagnosis was 4-6 weeks and he has already missed five games, meaning he's had almost six weeks to recover.  He's basically on the back end of his initial diagnosis already.

Notable that Barkley admitted later that he wasn't 100% when he came back, thought he reinjured it in his first game back, and the injury nagged him all year.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, MBarbarian said:

As other's mentioned, Saquon Barkley's high ankle sprain was supposed to keep him out 4 - 8 weeks last year, but he came back after four weeks (only missed three games).

CMC's diagnosis was 4-6 weeks and he has already missed five games, meaning he's had almost six weeks to recover.  He's basically on the back end of his initial diagnosis already.

Notable that Barkley admitted later that he wasn't 100% when he came back, thought he reinjured it in his first game back, and the injury nagged him all year.

This is a myth I cant hear anymore! Barkley scored 18PPG 0.5PPR after the injury. Stop dat bullshit!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, MBarbarian said:

1 hour ago, devilfish said:

This is a myth I cant hear anymore! Barkley scored 18PPG 0.5PPR after the injury. Stop dat bullshit!

Just because he scored that many points does not refute the assertion that he wasn't 100% or that he thought he reinjured it and in fact the injury nagged him all year.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Esteel said:

Issue is, he comes back get 12 touches but doesn't score. Good rehab for him crap points for us when we could have started someone else.

12 CMC touches vs the Falcons is probably still RB1 territory.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Evincar said:

Kamara came back too early too.

Barkley came back after 3 weeks, kamara only missed 1-2 games maybe? CMC has been out almost 6 weeks with rehab, he took way more time off to get right then those guys mentioned.

Edit: that sounded like was I arguing, I’m agreeing with you both 

Edited by Breesus
Misspoken
9 minutes ago, Breesus said:

Do we find out today if he’s playing?

In all likelihood, yes. They aren't going to trot him out there if there is any question about his health considering how well Mike Davis has played, along with their long-term investment in CMC. This makes him very likely to be a game-time decision. In other words, if he emerges from today's practice 100% healthy with no lingering concerns, they will activate him and he will play tomorrow. If he's not quite there they will rule him out. We should know soon.

• Thanks 1