FantasyGuru24

Christian McCaffrey 2020 Outlook

For us that own both CMC and Davis, I will have an interesting decision (as I have 2 others on bye) to possibly start both CMC and MD. (My last flex is a lower end WR 3).  Thinking that many may play both against the bad Atl defense.

11 minutes ago, 33legend said:

For us that own both CMC and Davis, I will have an interesting decision (as I have 2 others on bye) to possibly start both CMC and MD. (My last flex is a lower end WR 3).  Thinking that many may play both against the bad Atl defense.

I think that’s a bad idea. MD has been a good player in CMC’s absence but a 100% healthy CMC isn’t going to cede a lot of carries or targets to Mike Davis—his production has been good but he’s nowhere near the player McCaffrey is. MD hasn’t suddenly gotten better since CMC has been injured, yet you can see how the coaching staff appraised the situation prior to the injury and CMC had a stranglehold on the backfield. There was a comparison made earlier in the thread with Bell and Williams several years ago, similar type of situation, with the big difference being that Williams was a pro bowler in Carolina prior to playing for the Steelers. Mike Davis is a good backup but he’s no DeAngelo Williams. If CMC plays, it means he’s 100% healthy, and a 100% healthy CMC is going to get his full workload. Approach the idea of starting both with extreme caution. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

I think that’s a bad idea. MD has been a good player in CMC’s absence but a 100% healthy CMC isn’t going to cede a lot of carries or targets to Mike Davis—his production has been good but he’s nowhere near the player McCaffrey is. MD hasn’t suddenly gotten better since CMC has been injured, yet you can see how the coaching staff appraised the situation prior to the injury and CMC had a stranglehold on the backfield. There was a comparison made earlier in the thread with Bell and Williams several years ago, similar type of situation, with the big difference being that Williams was a pro bowler in Carolina prior to playing for the Steelers. Mike Davis is a good backup but he’s no DeAngelo Williams. If CMC plays, it means he’s 100% healthy, and a 100% healthy CMC is going to get his full workload. Approach the idea of starting both with extreme caution. 

I agree with the entire premise.  I just don't know if they would ease him in at all.  But if he isn't 100% healthy they should really hole him out one more game I would think.

I think the team has made it pretty clear that he isn’t going to play until he is 100%, if he plays tomorrow he should see his typical workload for the most part. 

I hope he plays, would allow his body to get a game of full contact before having another 10 days off.

There will be no access to the Panthers today other than the injury report that comes out this afternoon. The team does not have to designate a status for Christian McCaffrey (ankle) because he's on injured reserve with a designation to return. The team can wait as late as 4 p.m. on Thursday to decide whether or not to activate the running back. Right now I'd say it's 50-50 he plays against Atlanta.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fnewton_david.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
David Newton, ESPN Staff Writer4h ago

3 minutes ago, beerfish said:

There will be no access to the Panthers today other than the injury report that comes out this afternoon. The team does not have to designate a status for Christian McCaffrey (ankle) because he's on injured reserve with a designation to return. The team can wait as late as 4 p.m. on Thursday to decide whether or not to activate the running back. Right now I'd say it's 50-50 he plays against Atlanta.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fnewton_david.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
David Newton, ESPN Staff Writer4h ago

200.gif

• Haha 1

I guess this could go either way.  Clearly (if the report is true) Carolina wants to keep ATL on its collective toes--smart on its part I guess.

Sucks for us fantasy people who want to know now, but 4 PM is plenty of time to click a few buttons, and since its a Thursday game you have a full slate of options if he doesn't play.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 33legend said:

I agree with the entire premise.  I just don't know if they would ease him in at all.  But if he isn't 100% healthy they should really hole him out one more game I would think.

Tbh, this is how I view it. If he's 100 percent, play him tomorrow and let him have at least close to his usual workload. If he's not 100 percent, then don't risk anything by playing him on a Thursday. Sit him out and let him be fully healed for week 9...there's nothing wrong with that. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr.Joshua said:

$20 he doesn't suit up 

Sounds like a bitter Saquon owner projecting his insecurities onto the rest of us.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, MBarbarian said:

Nice

One guy saying 4pm Thursday, this other guy seems to be saying 4pm today. Which is it? If it’s 4pm today I’m guessing he won’t be active. 

2 minutes ago, MBarbarian said:

Nice

Does that mean for this week only or is it they must make a decision to bring him off by 4pm tomorrow or he stays on IR the rest of the season?

5 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Does that mean for this week only or is it they must make a decision to bring him off by 4pm tomorrow or he stays on IR the rest of the season?

They have 21 days to activate him once he starts practicing.  Clock on that started yesterday.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Since he’s designated to return from IR they have until 4pm (not sure if today or tomorrow) to bring him off for this week. Otherwise they could still bring him back for next week. IR is only in 3 week chunks now anyways. But he’s already designated to return so not a concern either way. 

Also, bringing him off IR doesn’t necessarily mean he will be Active for tomorrow’s game. 

• Thanks 1

the season is lost, no reason to risk re-injuring their star rb in a lost year. see you next year cmc.

-davis owner

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

the season is lost, no reason to risk re-injuring their star rb in a lost year. see you next year cmc.

-davis owner

don’tyouputthatevilonmerickybobby.gif 

43 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

-davis owner

Don’t ever post something like that again. 

- DeSean Jackson owner

3 hours ago, LAeagle said:

You guys are out of your mind to start him this week....I like it 

The only thing crazier would be to bench CMC... ever.

• Like 1

The report about today is not correct. He was already designated to return from IR yesterday. What these reporters are referring to is an injury designation for this week won't be made until an hour before kickoff tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

The report about today is not correct. He was already designated to return from IR yesterday. What these reporters are referring to is an injury designation for this week won't be made until an hour before kickoff tomorrow. 

He was designated to return but not activated off IR.

• Like 1

with all of this hype and mind game **** i bet he is playing...if he looked as good as they say he did why the hell not....its going to be a shoot out game and they are going to want their best player....logic never makes sense in the nfl or fantasy but this one seems obvious

Panthers are in the thick of the division. If he looks good in practice I think he plays, they are trying to win games.