FantasyGuru24

Christian McCaffrey 2020 Outlook

So I watched his highlights linked above, and he is a stud. I do have a few questions tho that maybe you geniuses can help me out on.

1) It seemed like he was constantly running through gaping holes, allowing him to hit the 2nd level basically at full speed.  How did his OL rank? How do they project for 2020? I know they literally drafted all defense, so no help coming to his line.

2) How does adding Joe Brady effect him? In that video he was, somehow, constantly route running against slow LBs and wide open for passes.  I would imagine they'd use him like LSU used CEH last year.

I am all in on Carolina players this year.  Moore was a serviceable WR with trash QB play, in fact it seemed like he was constantly putting up 15 points against me.  

21 hours ago, Mustangt125 said:

So I watched his highlights linked above, and he is a stud. I do have a few questions tho that maybe you geniuses can help me out on.

1) It seemed like he was constantly running through gaping holes, allowing him to hit the 2nd level basically at full speed.  How did his OL rank? How do they project for 2020? I know they literally drafted all defense, so no help coming to his line.

2) How does adding Joe Brady effect him? In that video he was, somehow, constantly route running against slow LBs and wide open for passes.  I would imagine they'd use him like LSU used CEH last year.

I am all in on Carolina players this year.  Moore was a serviceable WR with trash QB play, in fact it seemed like he was constantly putting up 15 points against me.  

1.  CAR ranked right around middle of the pack in Adjusted Line Yards.  They lost Turner but added...Okung at LT?  Not sure that qualifies as an upgrade.  They didn’t draft any O-linemen, so no help there.

2.  Brady is about the best you could hope for with Rivera/Turner gone.  I don’t expect his usage to change significantly - though he will almost certainly play fewer snaps this season and have less volume.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Carolina O line was not very good. Maybe average run blocking and bottom of the pack pass blocking if I recall. 

CMC is by far the best open field RB in the league statistically, by some absurd margin too. He also doesn’t work for extra yards after contact, and stays incredibly healthy because of it. 

Also, carries correlate to wear and tear not touches. He was what, 4th in carries in the league last year, more like 6th or 8th per game. 

This dude is THE super stud of this generation of fantasy, as we clearly saw last year. 

Evidence however suggests that his production finally plateaued in the second half of his third season after a steady improvement curve up to that point. I think we’ve seen his peak production or close to it at any given time, but he is the kind of player that could extend that peak production with consistency for many years to come.

Edited by LostAtSea

On 5/2/2020 at 7:52 AM, LostAtSea said:

Carolina O line was not very good. Maybe average run blocking and bottom of the pack pass blocking if I recall. 

CMC is by far the best open field RB in the league statistically, by some absurd margin too. He also doesn’t work for extra yards after contact, and stays incredibly healthy because of it. 

Also, carries correlate to wear and tear not touches. He was what, 4th in carries in the league last year, more like 6th or 8th per game. 

This dude is THE super stud of this generation of fantasy, as we clearly saw last year. 

Evidence however suggests that his production finally plateaued in the second half of his third season after a steady improvement curve up to that point. I think we’ve seen his peak production or close to it at any given time, but he is the kind of player that could extend that peak production with consistency for many years to come.

Not hard to be ranked the best open field RB when you run untouched in the open field.

I don’t care what the numbers say for their line he had 4 or 5 40+ yard TDs where he was untouched and didn’t even need to make anyone really miss.

1 hour ago, thebadferret said:

Dynasty startup #1 pick: CMC or Barkley?

Ferret you should’ve know the job was dangerous before you took it .... with that being said, I’d choose McCaffrey. 

• Like 1

I tend to CMC, too. I like that he already has his contract, so there should be 0% chance that he will hold out in the next few years. While Saquon could lead to the situation that he holds out for a contract.

CMC could be released in 3 years by the team when I understand his contract correctly. But that is a hard speculation to talk about 3 years in the future :D 

10 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Ferret you should’ve know the job was dangerous before you took it .... with that being said, I’d choose McCaffrey. 

Well, the luck chose me for #1 pick. I prefer the #1 over the #16 though. So I'm kind of happy.

• Like 1

I had CMC last season, guy is a machine. I’m going with this guy until there is a solid reason not to. The offense is built around him. And he had a huge amount of snaps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

honestly, id let him pound my wife, while I watched. He is just that special

With that username its looking dicey 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

giphy.gif

On 5/22/2020 at 9:39 PM, dontclapGonorrhea said:

You're thinking of Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

You're thinking of Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Or Ray Rice.

I mean, he clapped his girl pretty hard on the elevator...

Edited by Gohawks

14 hours ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Dontcuckyoullcatchtheclap

I knew eventually Todd Haley would make his way back into a conversation on this board... 

Simply put CMC is the best offensive player in the league and this is coming from a Ravens fan who thinks the world of Lamar Jackson.

4 hours ago, Jess said:

Simply put CMC is the best offensive player in the league and this is coming from a Ravens fan who thinks the world of Lamar Jackson.

I approve this message 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, RunCMC said:

I approve this message 

Meh, another guy led his team further in the playoffs than either of those guys...

CMC hands down #1 fantasy player for sure.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Meh, another guy led his team further in the playoffs than either of those guys...

CMC hands down #1 fantasy player for sure.

Titans > Panthers  ... offense, defense, & QB play ;  So yeah theres that Cleats 

Excluding quarterbacks: CMC is #1 IRL and Fantasy  , I mean one could pivot to Saquon.  But that’s an argument for a different day. You know I love me some King Hendry aka Baby Rhino aka Big “D” Express . But best offensive player and you’re coming off the field on 3rd downs  🧐

Edited by RunCMC

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Titans > Panthers  ... offense, defense, & QB play ;  So yeah theres that Cleats 

Excluding quarterbacks: CMC is #1 IRL and Fantasy  , I mean one could pivot to Saquon.  But that’s an argument for a different day. You know I love me some King Hendry aka Baby Rhino aka Big “D” Express . But best offensive player and you’re coming off the field on 3rd downs  🧐

The other guy said best offensive player in the league cmc over ljax

I know cmcs all around game is better than Henrys 100% no doubt about that. Blows him away in ppr and half ppr fantasy leagues and probably always will.

Its ok to say cmc didn't have as good of a team as Tennessee but baltimore doesn't have that excuse with Lamar jackson. 

It's not like henry and tennessee had a better offense or defense than Baltimore and henry steam rolled them and Lamar jackson.

We all agree Henry is a different beast. He might come out on 3rd down some but his mere presence in the backfield turned Ryan Tannehill into a top 3 NFL QB and got Marcus Mariota to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Should Henry get no credit for that? 

Anywho, couldn't resist poking the bear again when I saw cmc vs jackson as best offensive player and the Titans rode Henry further than either of them went and straight over top of LJax.

P.s.s. cmc still the best fantasy RB no doubt.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

31 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

The other guy said best offensive player in the league cmc over ljax

I know cmcs all around game is better than Henrys 100% no doubt about that. Blows him away in ppr and half ppr fantasy leagues and probably always will.

Its ok to say cmc didn't have as good of a team as Tennessee but baltimore doesn't have that excuse with Lamar jackson. 

It's not like henry and tennessee had a better offense or defense than Baltimore and henry steam rolled them and Lamar jackson.

We all agree Henry is a different beast. He might come out on 3rd down some but his mere presence in the backfield turned Ryan Tannehill into a top 3 NFL QB and got Marcus Mariota to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Should Henry get no credit for that? 

Anywho, couldn't resist poking the bear again when I saw cmc vs jackson as best offensive player and the Titans rode Henry further than either of them went and straight over top of LJax.

P.s.s. cmc still the best fantasy RB no doubt.

You love poking the proverbial 🐻 huh brodie . But Tannehill is warranted some respect as well , he elevated Henry to Super Saiyan 3 shortly after being announced the full time starter.