FantasyGuru24

Christian McCaffrey 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

You love poking the proverbial 🐻 huh brodie . But Tannehill is warranted some respect as well , he elevated Henry to Super Saiyan 3 shortly after being announced the full time starter. 

Or vice versa

How would tanny have done with Dion Lewis in the backfield instead of Henry?

Yes, poking the bear passes the time.

CMC for President 2020.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The 7th Beatles said:

... of course it makes sense, Bilgewater's "deep" ball is roughly 14.999967 yds

• Haha 2

Just now, Arrowhead said:

This guy can do it all man so glad I have him on my team

saw a blurb earlier that said if ya took away his 19 TDs last season, it still would've been top 30 all-time in ppr format.

• Like 2

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

saw a blurb earlier that said if ya took away his 19 TDs last season, it still would've been top 30 all-time in ppr format.

Wow that is insane man how many other players can say that about themselves.

• Like 1

So is he locked in as everyone’s first pick? I have a terrible feeling about him this year. I’m telling myself to stay away but that might just be dumb lol. 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

So is he locked in as everyone’s first pick? I have a terrible feeling about him this year. I’m telling myself to stay away but that might just be dumb lol. 

You aren't the only one. It makes me nervous everyone just automatically assumes he is the 1.01. Completely new offense and a team that doesn't look like it will be remotely competitive down the stretch has me thinking real hard about where to go with my draft. After all the touches he got last year, will the team still be committed to feeding him so much near the end? That first pick will get in your head sometimes.

Edited by Jwook

1 hour ago, Jwook said:

You aren't the only one. It makes me nervous everyone just automatically assumes he is the 1.01. Completely new offense and a team that doesn't look like it will be remotely competitive down the stretch has me thinking real hard about where to go with my draft. After all the touches he got last year, will the team still be committed to feeding him so much near the end? That first pick will get in your head sometimes.

Don't overthink it. If you get the first pick, just take CMC and keep your fingers crossed that quality players are still OTB when it comes back to you for your 2nd & 3rd picks. Rock solid pick at 1.1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The G Man said:

Don't overthink it. If you get the first pick, just take CMC and keep your fingers crossed that quality players are still OTB when it comes back to you for your 2nd & 3rd picks. Rock solid pick at 1.1.

No doubt I end up taking him, but they are fair questions to ask. With a pick that early, you have to take the 2019 lenses off and see the possibilities for this season. As you said, the quality can start dropping quickly near the end of the 2nd, and if your 1.01 pick busts, your chances at a ship drop dramatically. 

He’s just too good, until proven otherwise. He’s a legit RB1 & WR1 in one player, his catching ceiling makes him one of if not the most dominant fantasy player I’ve ever seen. 

The changes are a little worrisome, but all CMC does is grind on his craft. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is the 1st ever player to have 1000 & 1000 back to back years, if health permits.

7 hours ago, Breesus said:

He’s just too good, until proven otherwise. He’s a legit RB1 & WR1 in one player, his catching ceiling makes him one of if not the most dominant fantasy player I’ve ever seen. 

The changes are a little worrisome, but all CMC does is grind on his craft. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is the 1st ever player to have 1000 & 1000 back to back years, if health permits.

I wouldn’t be surprised either if he accomplished that. I just don’t know how the departure of Cam Newton will affect his receiving yards. Hopefully Carolina has a solid qb to feed him the ball.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DeliciousGravy said:

Death. Taxes. CMC.

In my 3 leagues I draft 7, 11, 12. I hope you all have a great year destroying all before you.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/12/20/21030917/christian-mccaffrey-historic-fantasy-football-season-numbers

48.1% of making the final with CMC last year. A coinflip for a coinflip. Go focus your efforts on the 2/3 turn.

MRW I make a joke in the comments and I see it gets an upvote ...

On 8/22/2020 at 5:03 AM, Arrowhead said:

I wouldn’t be surprised either if he accomplished that. I just don’t know how the departure of Cam Newton will affect his receiving yards. Hopefully Carolina has a solid qb to feed him the ball.

You realize that Cam didn't play last year right?

• Haha 2

On 8/21/2020 at 8:56 PM, Ryansm11 said:

Nope.  In my TD-heavy (6-point passing TDs) 0.5 PPR league, I took Derrick Henry over CMC with the #1 overall pick.  Feel like Derrick Henry has a better chance to take the beating of a second season over CMC.

But still love CMC.

On 8/22/2020 at 8:11 AM, DeliciousGravy said:

Death. Taxes. CMC.

In my 3 leagues I draft 7, 11, 12. I hope you all have a great year destroying all before you.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/12/20/21030917/christian-mccaffrey-historic-fantasy-football-season-numbers

48.1% of making the final with CMC last year. A coinflip for a coinflip. Go focus your efforts on the 2/3 turn.

Whether it’s this or the stat that he would’ve finished as the RB1 in fantasy last year by over 20 pts if he stopped playing after week 12. 

Just draft him. Your RB position is now locked down, just let the draft fall to you now.

I got him, then went Kelce/Godwin at the 2/3 turn.

It’s CMC n chill szn boys

I got him at 1.01, CEH 2.12 and Chubb 3.01... lets run heavy 😄

CMC is my second QB at RB position. I love him!

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, devilfish said:

I got him at 1.01, CEH 2.12 and Chubb 3.01... lets run heavy 😄

I also was once in a league with highly trained orangutans

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I also was once in a league with highly trained orangutans

Made my day 🤣🤣🤣🤣

10 hours ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Whether it’s this or the stat that he would’ve finished as the RB1 in fantasy last year by over 20 pts if he stopped playing after week 12. 

Just draft him. Your RB position is now locked down, just let the draft fall to you now.

I got him, then went Kelce/Godwin at the 2/3 turn.

It’s CMC n chill szn boys

Looking at a similar approach. Also looking at Kelce/Lamar. Very intriguing being able to have three players who are all #1 at their position..

10 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

idiot coach lost the game for not giving CMC the rock

Yup, imagine if he had that play over again he would run the play exactly the same way, except pitch it to CMC. 

There was essentially 1 on 1 with CMC and that corner on the edge in space...  I am taking CMC in that situation at least 95/100 times.