nmartinez12443

Adam Thielen 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, joshua18 said:


LOL at this. Theilen HAS been the best Minn WR since 2016. Unlike Juju, he actually has produced top-5 seasons while facing #1 CBs.  If you think defenses were more afraid of Diggs while Theilen was setting NFL records for 100+ yard games, you either weren’t watching tape or assume that he’s not great bc he is white.

I hope taeks like the quoted post push his value down. A phenomenal player to trade for in dynasty leagues right now.

 

 

The only reason Thielen was putting up those 100 yard games was because of Diggs. Diggs dictated coverage, not Thielen. Diggs being on the field means 1-on-1 matchups over the middle all game long. Thielen was NEVER a better WR than Diggs, ever. Is Tyler Boyd a better WR than AJ Green? That's essentially what you're saying.

Football 101 - Slot receivers, or #2 receivers, are better when they have a #1 outside WR on the field at the same time.

Tyler Boyd is better when he has AJ Green dictating coverage.

Cooper Kupp is better when he has Brandin Cooks stretching the field.

Juju SS is better when he has Antonio Brown dictating coverage.

Adam Thielen is better when he has Stefon Diggs dictating coverage.

Calvin Ridley is better when he has Julio Jones dictating coverage.

Etc. Etc.

 

 

Edited by euphoriahbo
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Justin Jefferson playing well in his rookie campaign will do wonders for Thielen. Expect max coverage coming his way for awhile, if not the whole season , if JJ doesn’t perform well. There won’t be a lack of targets .. that much I do know. But it’s the quality of those passes that concern me. No doubt Dalvin and the run game will open up the play action passes. Adam should feast on those plays. But regular QB dropback sets , we shall see. Who knows maybe eventually Justin Jefferson is the new Thielen . Both are technically made for the slot, neither one of them is a true outside reciever.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, euphoriahbo said:

 

 

The only reason Thielen was putting up those 100 yard games was because of Diggs. Diggs dictated coverage, not Thielen. Diggs being on the field means 1-on-1 matchups over the middle all game long. Thielen was NEVER a better WR than Diggs, ever. Is Tyler Boyd a better WR than AJ Green? That's essentially what you're saying.

Football 101 - Slot receivers, or #2 receivers, are better when they have a #1 outside WR on the field at the same time.

Tyler Boyd is better when he has AJ Green dictating coverage.

Cooper Kupp is better when he has Brandin Cooks stretching the field.

Juju SS is better when he has Antonio Brown dictating coverage.

Adam Thielen is better when he has Stefon Diggs dictating coverage.

Calvin Ridley is better when he has Julio Jones dictating coverage.

Etc. Etc.

 

 


Horrendous comparisons. Theilen has been the clear #1 in MIN by production for years. He is faster, stronger and taller than Diggs — all objective facts.  All those others are/were second fiddle. I know Diggs has hype, but he’s yet to outproduce Theilen when both are healthy. 
 

Theilen has consistently won in the slot or on the outside for years. 
 

So many butthurt Diggs fans have seen Theilen outproduce him for years.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

https://www.vikings.com/news/lunchbreak-pff-provides-inside-look-at-thielen-s-slot-success

 

article says 2017 and 2018 Thielen took 52.7 % of his snaps in the slot. I'm not pro or against Thielen just sharing info that I have found or that I actually seen but with Kubiak and Stefanski bribing in a completely different offense last year he took 29.3% of his snaps in the slot. I also remember at times watching him abuse linebackers, safeties and zone during his dominant runs but one game I seen the Saints say no to this and had Lattimore follow him around, Gilmore does this, Chris Harris but most top CB's stay outside no matter what. This is why Kupp was such a threat in 11 personnel but in 12 personnel his numbers suffered dramatically and he is overpriced this season. I believe Thielen is a good value in the late 4th/early 5th but to expect 2017 and 2018 numbers with the above aforementioned info and the fact that they threw 527 times in 2017 and 606 in 2018 but with the new regime only 466 and similarly to what the Rams moved more to they also now use lots of 12 formations with 2 TE's on the field.

Edited by turner46
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, joshua18 said:


LOL at this. Theilen HAS been the best Minn WR since 2016. Unlike Juju, he actually has produced top-5 seasons while facing #1 CBs.  If you think defenses were more afraid of Diggs while Theilen was setting NFL records for 100+ yard games, you either weren’t watching tape or assume that he’s not great bc he is white.

I hope taeks like the quoted post push his value down. A phenomenal player to trade for in dynasty leagues right now.

 

You had to go there didn't you?  He's not white.  He's white chocolate lightning...get your facts straight. 

 

giphy.gif 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as he stays healthy, I think that Thielen will return to being a top 10 wr1 in PPR.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sjm76 said:

As long as he stays healthy, I think that Thielen will return to being a top 10 wr1 in PPR.

 

If the rook is as advertised, and assuming he stays healthy, I can see a top 10-15 season for Thielen. Great back end WR1/high end WR2 to target (while stacking RB's) once all the big names are off the board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a lot of talk on Thielen this year. Assuming Jefferson takes the slot role and Thieoen us forced outside to face the top CB's how are you feeling about him? I struggle picking between DJ Moore and Thielen myself. He should lead the team in targets, but still hesitant to pull the trigger with the run 1st scheme and him outside. For what it's worth the sportsline algorithm machine has him as one of the top valued wr's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scheibler said:

Not a lot of talk on Thielen this year. Assuming Jefferson takes the slot role and Thieoen us forced outside to face the top CB's how are you feeling about him? I struggle picking between DJ Moore and Thielen myself. He should lead the team in targets, but still hesitant to pull the trigger with the run 1st scheme and him outside. For what it's worth the sportsline algorithm machine has him as one of the top valued wr's

Thielen if you want a solid floor but Moore if you want higher upside and I still think he will be relatively safe as their top WR.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Thielen if you want a solid floor but Moore if you want higher upside and I still think he will be relatively safe as their top WR.  

I think that Thielen will finish as a fantasy wr2 this year at best unless another Vikings wr steps up to prevent him from being double-teamed.  With Diggs gone, defenses are going to focus a lot more on him and he'll see a lot more double teams etc.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I think that Thielen will finish as a fantasy wr2 this year at best unless another Vikings wr steps up to prevent him from being double-teamed.  With Diggs gone, defenses are going to focus a lot more on him and he'll see a lot more double teams etc.  

 

Yea the more I think about it the more I think he's ranked too high. Boyd is pretty much in the same situation on a team that throws more and can be had 3rds later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sjm76 said:

I think that Thielen will finish as a fantasy wr2 this year at best unless another Vikings wr steps up to prevent him from being double-teamed.  With Diggs gone, defenses are going to focus a lot more on him and he'll see a lot more double teams etc.  

Diggs missed a lot of time over the seasons they were on the same team. Thielen benefited from the extra targets much more than he was hurt by the extra defensive attention.

 

Also why would the Vikings move the established star slot wr to the outside to make room for an unproven rookie wr in a shortened off-season when continuity is key? Have they actually said they're doing that or is that conjecture? Jefferson might be the guy moving to the outside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, yossarian said:

Diggs missed a lot of time over the seasons they were on the same team. Thielen benefited from the extra targets much more than he was hurt by the extra defensive attention.

 

Also why would the Vikings move the established star slot wr to the outside to make room for an unproven rookie wr in a shortened off-season when continuity is key? Have they actually said they're doing that or is that conjecture? Jefferson might be the guy moving to the outside.

 

 

There is way too much risk surrounding Thielen to draft him this year at his ADP.

Verdict - DND.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty bullish on Thielen this year.  With all the extra targets available, he's going to be a monster.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

I'm pretty bullish on Thielen this year.  With all the extra targets available, he's going to be a monster.  

 

No.

 

Bust City.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PisEdiRin said:

 

No.

 

Bust City.

No.

 

 

Stud city.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

 

 

There is way too much risk surrounding Thielen to draft him this year at his ADP.

Verdict - DND.

Is everyone DND this year? Who ARE you drafting? 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

Is everyone DND this year? Who ARE you drafting? 

He's not actually in any leagues.  He just comes here for ***** and giggles.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

He's not actually in any leagues.  He just comes here for ***** and giggles.  

I’ve noticed lol look at his post history. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having the hardest deciding between him and the other WRs in his tier like juju, Galloday, Amari, kupp etc. Is anyone confident he outperforms all of these guys? The only thing I like is cousins clearly has a connection with him and he should get 140 targets in a full season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, jay2491 said:

Having the hardest deciding between him and the other WRs in his tier like juju, Galloday, Amari, kupp etc. Is anyone confident he outperforms all of these guys? The only thing I like is cousins clearly has a connection with him and he should get 140 targets in a full season 

 

Personally I'd take Thielen ahead of everyone except Golladay, but I don't like any of those other options. I expect a top 7 finish from Golladay.

Edited by scheibler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

He's not actually in any leagues.  He just comes here for ***** and giggles.  

 

I'm in 4 APEX leagues and 3 ESPN leagues this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Is everyone DND this year? Who ARE you drafting? 

 

Who am I drafting?

Players who are NOT named:

Dalvin Cook

DeAndre Hopkins

Austin Ekeler

Juju SS

Mike Evans

Amari Cooper

OBJ

Adam Thielen

Leonard Fournette

Keenan Allen

Terry McLaurin

David Montgomery

Julian Edelman

Sterling Shepard

Aaron Rodgers

Austin Hooper

Mike Williams

Marlon Mack

 

 

That would leave me with a ton of available options. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jay2491 said:

Having the hardest deciding between him and the other WRs in his tier like juju, Galloday, Amari, kupp etc. Is anyone confident he outperforms all of these guys? The only thing I like is cousins clearly has a connection with him and he should get 140 targets in a full season 

 

Among those listed:

Galloday over all of them, clearly.

Juju - last. Thielen - 2nd to last

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...