paulwall29

Chris Godwin 2020 Outlook

If the Bucs had beaten the Bears, then they could afford to be more conservative with Godwin.  As it stands, they're sitting at 3-2, only a half game up on the Saints and the Panthers right now, with 4-0 Green Bay on deck (at home).  They need this win.  If he's cleared, he'll play

Biggest injury news from Bucs practice is corner Carlton Davis working on the side with a trainer with an undetermined injury. Chris Godwin just stretching.  Leonard Fournette, LeSean McCoy have their helmets with them today.

He's not playing.  uggggg.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Biggest injury news from Bucs practice is corner Carlton Davis working on the side with a trainer with an undetermined injury. Chris Godwin just stretching.  Leonard Fournette, LeSean McCoy have their helmets with them today.

He's not playing.  uggggg.

He's honestly doing more than what Evans did prior to their week 1 game. I don't think Evans did any sort of jogging or stretching visible to the media before Friday or Saturday of that week. Evans carried a 'doubtful' tag into that game and was a true game-time decision. Tested it before the game and he played. Didnt have a huge game based on the box score but he was way more involved than I thought he would be; he did score and drew some long pass interference penalties. So in terms of that, Godwin has relatively made more progress than what Evans did prior to playing in week 1 with his own hamstring injury. He may not play but I wouldn't say it's definitive yet. Plus TB probably feels they need him if he can go. Tough loss to Chicago last week and now facing Green Bay this week who's off a bye.

Bucs WR Chris Godwin (hamstring) practiced in full Friday. 

He'll make his return to Tampa's lineup just in time for a clash with the Packers. There might be some risk of Godwin aggravating his stubborn hamstring injury, but fantasy managers shouldn't overthink it. He should be plugged in as a WR1 against Green Bay. 

Oct 16, 2020, 3:52 PM ET

37 minutes ago, beerfish said:

Bucs WR Chris Godwin (hamstring) practiced in full Friday. 

He'll make his return to Tampa's lineup just in time for a clash with the Packers. There might be some risk of Godwin aggravating his stubborn hamstring injury, but fantasy managers shouldn't overthink it. He should be plugged in as a WR1 against Green Bay. 

Oct 16, 2020, 3:52 PM ET

LFGB!!!

which stands for: Look For Godwin, Brady!!!

• Like 1

Yikes. Thought the injury was at least a 3 week injury. Really hope there is no risk for re-aggravation! Season would be a wrap if he went down again.

2 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

LFGB!!!

which stands for: Look For Godwin, Brady!!!

That's not at all what I first thought LFGB stood for, but that works too. ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nb009 said:

Yikes. Thought the injury was at least a 3 week injury. Really hope there is no risk for re-aggravation! Season would be a wrap if he went down again.

Right there with ya. 

If it was definitely a 3 week injury they would have put him on IR. I think it was more of a 1-2 week thing where he would have possibly come back if they didn’t play on Thursday last week. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

OK ladies and germs. CGOD time. Locked and MFing Loaded. Even made sure to put him in my WR1 slot so he can feel like that top guy again. Get em Chris!

Excited to see Godwin back at work.

We've only had 1 game with Evans + Godwin healthy right ?

This offense isn't operating at full capacity yet.

I'd like to see some more continuity .. the best is yet to come.

8 minutes ago, NativeTheory said:

Bought low on him this week is he a must start?

Yes.

10 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Excited to see Godwin back at work.

We've only had 1 game with Evans + Godwin healthy right ?

This offense isn't operating at full capacity yet.

I'd like to see some more continuity .. the best is yet to come.

Yes game 1. Gonna be excited to see this week with both on the field!

Depending on your options, you might want to sit him and watch one first, see how he moves. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Depending on your options, you might want to sit him and watch one first, see how he moves. 

Perhaps sage advice, but I didn't invest an early draft pick on him to keep him on my bench. If he plays for the Bucs, he plays for me. Just hoping they know what they're doing and not letting him play before he's ready. 

Game should be a shoot out with two future first ballot HOF'ers wanting to one up each other. 

Godwin, assuming he makes it through the whole game, should get ample opportunities to score in this one. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Perhaps sage advice, but I didn't invest an early draft pick on him to keep him on my bench. If he plays for the Bucs, he plays for me. Just hoping they know what they're doing and not letting him play before he's ready. 

Game should be a shoot out with two future first ballot HOF'ers wanting to one up each other. 

Godwin, assuming he makes it through the whole game, should get ample opportunities to score in this one. 

motherfu**ing Gman I like how you think. I’ve practiced pacifism in the past, but not today. The holy one is about to walk on water!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, WaltSopchak said:

motherfu**ing Gman I like how you think. I’ve practiced pacifism in the past, but not today. The holy one is about to walk on water!

Thumbs up GIF on GIFER - by Kulanara

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

I like yo cut G

• Thanks 1

This isn’t going to be a good season for Godwin unfortunately. You got Evans whose the go to WR in the red zone. They had no run game last year but now you got Ronald Jones playing well and scoring TDs. Then Brady’s bff gronk is starting to get more involved. Godwin seems like he’s going to be just a chain mover. The overall volume though and TD opportunity’s won’t be there like last year. I’d try to sell if I could. 

Edited by StevenSC400

2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

This isn’t going to be a good season for Godwin unfortunately. You got Evans whose the go to WR in the red zone. They had no run game last year but now you got Ronald Jones playing well and scoring TDs. Then Brady’s bff gronk is starting to get involved more now. Godwin seems like he’s going to be a just chain mover. The overall volume though and TD opportunity’s won’t be there like last year. I’d try to sell if I could. 

He was game flowed out of this game vs the Packers though. He had all his points in the first half. Also, he does have a great playoff lineup -- Minn, Atl, Detroit.

6 minutes ago, ukdesi said:

He was game flowed out of this game vs the Packers though. He had all his points in the first half. Also, he does have a great playoff lineup -- Minn, Atl, Detroit.

Yeah I mean maybe I’m overreacting a bit but this was supposed to be a great game too. What I’m saying is last year their run game was so bad that they had to pass to move the chains. They also couldn’t score rushing TDs. But now they have been having success closing games out with jones. That’s not good for Godwin who used to feast in those moments.

Edited by StevenSC400